Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Favourite/least favourite chant

Guest bss9401

Left side right side was great at Cheltenham when we had two sides of the ground! First time I heard it was there. It also sounded great on TV when sung by England cricket fans when the Ashes were retained in Australia. SCG if I recall correctly.

Left side right side - I know I can't expect the height of intellect from a group of us all at once but we can do better than this surely?

I really do envy the songbooks some clubs have, united and Liverpool have some absolute corkers with verses and everything, they even know the words!!

That's the ones that sing them mind

yeah hard not to envy liverpool's songbook.

not sure how to fight it though, you can't really invent a classic nowadays cos then it's not a classic, and nobody seems arsed enough to sing any of our old songs even if they're not on the scale of things like scouser tommy. 

edit - although even they sing that at 90000 miles an hour most the time. 

Ooo look a Youtube video of another set of fans doing something lets go! 

But in all seriousness WYS is may favourite but for some reason I really like Leicester Boot Boys as well. 

Plenty of candidates for least favourite but "Everywhere We Go" is atrocious.  

Why do you think it is less creative than certain other clubs?

Why is it we are less up for giving vocal support than other clubs?

Genuinly interested into what folks might see the reason as being?

Because I think the majority of our vocal fans are aged 14-18. It's almost like there's a missing generation.

obviously changing blade to red, could be good imo

Derby sing it and are rightly mocked. Binned.

yeah hard not to envy liverpool's songbook.

not sure how to fight it though, you can't really invent a classic nowadays cos then it's not a classic, and nobody seems arsed enough to sing any of our old songs even if they're not on the scale of things like scouser tommy.

edit - although even they sing that at 90000 miles an hour most the time.

Scouse Tommy is probably my favourite song specifically associated with a club that isn't Leicester (new Oscar category there).

When I go to Anfield with the other half Friday they do sing it quite quickly but at least they know all the words.

It sounds fantastic in a Scouse accent as well and none of the tourists know it so it's never really prone to massacre.

Because I think the majority of our vocal fans are aged 14-18. It's almost like there's a missing generation.

Derby sing it and are rightly mocked. Binned.

didn't even know that, just remember Wednesday doing it at our place and it looked insane like they do in that video. But ay I suppose we support a club where the fans don't like singing chants they'd sooner just shout words really fast to no tune

Absolutely hate "Who are ya?" - why we do it after we score against people is lost on. I'm don't like "we forgot that you were here" and "your support is f**king shit" but they are more generic I guess. Of our own chants I'm not a big fan of the Chris Wood song.

Favourite chants: Bring on the Sunderland and the Arsenal, Ulloa and Wasilewski's hokey cokey. 

A few people mentioning they like "bring on the Sunderland and Arsenal" chant, to me it seems a bit silly singing a chant about not getting beaten considering our run of form. 

Boys in blue for me, but again most people in the ground don't want to sing/encourage the team at all. They sit quiet then when someone makes a mistake they are first to shout abuse.

A few people mentioning they like "bring on the Sunderland and Arsenal" chant, to me it seems a bit silly singing a chant about not getting beaten considering our run of form. 

Boys in blue for me, but again most people in the ground don't want to sing/encourage the team at all. They sit quiet then when someone makes a mistake they are first to shout abuse.

Sorry, forgot we should only sing songs that are factually accurate. lol

Agree with the second part of your post mind.

Archived