Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

When would that ever happen?

like the one time i text my boss saying "hey mate do you know my shifts for the week after next?" 

and predictably (get it ;p) actually sent "hey mate do you knockynice my shifts for the week after next?" 

knockynotnice_zps7a183144.png

kinda nice tho cos it was funny 

Anthony will it be with us next season for sure. He left last week and won't be coming back.

Just wanted to clear a few things up, because I think he has not got the full credit that he deserves.

He was actually injured at the beginning of the season, he shouldn't have really played, but the manager asked if he would play for him, and so he did. If he looked a little off the pace, it was due to being injured and shouldn't really of played.

There was never an issue with the club or his training etc, he got fit and trained well but didn't get his chance, but he carried on waiting for his time to come.

He got the man of the match for his display v Villa before Christmas, but that didn't seem to create the space for him, and again he was dropped.

He just wanted a run of games, but they were not forthcoming and in the end he thought it was clear that he wouldn't get his chance and so neeeed to move on.

He is one of the nicest guys I have known, a real lovely lad and this thing about Leicester being a stepping stone was untrue. He actually said at the beginning of last season that irrelevant of the outcome of the season, he would stay with Leicester even if we were to be relegated as he loved it here so much.

Sadly, he wasn't given his chance and it wasn't forthcoming so he had to move on.

One of the last conversations I had with him was when I told him the fans were chanting his name at the Newcastle game (I think it was that one). He loved that, he loved the crowd, he just wanted to perform and it made him smile as he genuinely wanted to please his audience.

I am gutted he has gone and I think we should remember him for his superb free kicks. His wonder goals against Huddersfield and that goal versus Forest.

A lovely fella, very genuine and I am sad that we have let him get away.

He would have loved to have had a run in the Premier League, he genuinely believed he could have performed given the opportunity, but sadly it wasn't to be.

The first time I met him it was on my sons birthday. He asked my lad where he sat and said that he would find him after the match in the stands and hand him his shirt. The final whistle went and Anthony duly found him and ensured he got the shirt.

He really is a lovely lad, and I am gutted this season didn't work for him. But I am pretty sure looking at what he did for us when he was given the chance that he will deliver for his new club.

The most technically gifted LCFC player of the last decade for me and a breath of fresh air after some of the shite we've had in the past 10 years. 

If he ever comes back to play against the club he deserves a standing ovation!

The most technically gifted LCFC player of the last decade for me and a breath of fresh air after some of the shite we've had in the past 10 years. 

Think you're forgetting someone

_65754210_pa-15117801.jpg

I hope Knocks gets a gig at OGC Nice.

:knockyhat:

:knockyyour'retalkingoutyourarse:

Loved what he did in the Championship, sentiment aside, I don't think he is good enough for the Premiership yet, hence Nige offering him a contract to stay. He is only young and could develop into a Premiership footballer one day, but right now he is not good enough for it.

I can't slate the manager for not giving Knocky a chance to make it in the Prem, after the run we have been on the last few months. I do think that Riyad is a lot better than Knocky in every department and the run of games that Riyad has been given probably reflects the management thought behind that as well.

Good luck in the future Knocky.

I absolutely love the guy. Met him in Game a few years ago when Fifa 13 came out. Arguably my favourite ever Leicester player bar Cambiasso (I'm only 17).

Really hope he comes back to the KP at some point so his song can be sung one more time. So many good Knocky memories.

Not bothered in the slightest.

Nice chap and everything but I want to see us with better players on the field than Knockaert and Pearson obviously agrees.

Most had their doubts about Tony in the Premier League and it would appear those doubts have been confirmed.

So thank you Tony for some memorable moments but we're moving on to better things.

Archived