Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AoWW

Brizzle City Post Match Thread

Bristol City 2 - 0 Leicester City

*sigh*

:(

I know that all the 'keep the faith' brigade (eg. Babylon et al) will come out with another string of rubbish excuses...but this loss today is a VERY bad one against a poor Bristol City side. If Sven cannot find SOMEONE (? ) who is gonna put the fookin chances away we arent going anywhere. Sven will come out with his usual load of bollox (although does he actually SAY anything really?)but it is clear now and has been all season that our scouts have got to find us a good striker..... Quite simply if we would have taken our chances we would have won that match..end of...

I can't believe our strikers miss a host of gilt-edged chances yet we leave our top scorer of the last few seasons - and usual penalty taker I might add - twiddling his thumbs on the bench for all but the last ten minutes.

What a poor result. 2-0 loss against a poor Bristol City side is shocking. Need to win these games if we're looking for playoffs, especially after our dominance in the first half. Need a striker to finish our chances.

I know that all the 'keep the faith' brigade (eg. Babylon et al) will come out with another string of rubbish excuses...but this loss today is a VERY bad one against a poor Bristol City side. If Sven cannot find SOMEONE (? ) who is gonna put the fookin chances away we arent going anywhere. Sven will come out with his usual load of bollox (although does he actually SAY anything really?)but it is clear now and has been all season that our scouts have got to find us a good striker..... Quite simply if we would have taken our chances we would have won that match..end of...

Agree, defo need a striker otherwise its gonna be a season of hanging around mid table.

I would've taken a point pre-match, but from the amount of chances we apparently created, not winning is disappointing, and losing is shocking really.

It's not "disastrous" and won't end our season, we're still only 6 off the POs, on to Forest now, heads up and a win please Sven :thumbup:

Sven's not to blame for this poor result.

Some of these so-called "strikers" should take a hard look at themselves, dig deep, think about why they've failed so miserably in converting chances today and in the past few games and work hard on improving their goalscoring skills.

We've got about four forwards, today they were all more or less total waste.

You might as well use centre-backs up front, they have a better chance of scoring.

At the moment, I can't see anyone out of the bunch of Howard, Fryatt, Martyn "Two Million Man" Waghorn or Gallagher scoring 20 goals or more this season.

Pathetic.

I'm excluding Vassell because he still hasn't settled in properly yet.

Then again, you could say the same about Fryatt and Waghorn.

And our set-pieces are still shit. At least TEN bloody corners and no goal to be seen for miles.

We've just got to put this behind us now.

If Howard's penalty or Davies' header had gone in then it would have been a whole different story.

The next match is Forest, lets look forward to that, get behind the lads and beat Forest and then we can look to the playoffs!

Come on ffs, it was always going to be a tough away match.

Sven will know that it's not good enough. He doesn't bullshit like Paulo did. He'll bring in a striker and a goalkeeper I'm sure of it.

Embarrassed today TBH. Very confident going into it, wasted chances, shit defending, Weale lets me down, and to top it off Stringer tells us we've scored when in fact we hit the post. Presumptuous willy puller :angry:

And still they are going on about fooking Hinckley

I think its time we spent the cash on some new strikers, granted Weale has dropped a clanger from what is said on the radio, but we really should have been 4 or 5 up. They seem also to be very poor at set pieces, I think its get as many points as we can till January and get shot of the impotent strikers and players who wont improve us and add the quality. A lot of work still for Sven to do, and each time we win just covers the cracks of how bad some of our players are, now we are brought back down to earth.

:rolleyes: a defeat away and Svens talkiing bollox already, yeah right.

Svens doing his best to turn us around from a club that was bottom to a club challenging for promotion without as of yet being able to buy players, he is using loan players and the accumulation of players from previous managers and he has done bloody well.

Nobody likes to lose but it happens to the best and the team is still a work in progress :scarf:

You can be sure of that. Well, I heard the excuses about Swansea being fitter and better than us. I wonder what the excuses will be this time.

I can't believe our strikers miss a host of gilt-edged chances yet we leave our top scorer of the last few seasons - and usual penalty taker I might add - twiddling his thumbs on the bench for all but the last ten minutes.

I agree, that is complete shit.

Don't care what anyone says about his form, the rest can't hit a barn door and he does score goals at this level.

****ig ridiculous

Archived