Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Walsh5

Pearson's best signing

Pearson's best signing.  

369 members have voted

1. 1. Pearson's best signing over his two spells.

I went other and that would've been tony k. Just completely signalled a new era for us and was something completely away and different to anything we'd seen in years, if not decades. Inspired.

Cambiasso off that list. To sign our best ever player for free and then him play a massive part in the greatest escape ever when half the world (and some of our fans) said he was too old and it was a stupid pointless "marquee" signing. Genius.

Guest MattP

Mahrez or Drinkwater.

To get a player of the formers quality for 400k is scandalous, we probably won't see deal like that again.

Drinks was a player of the year in a title winning side and we paid less for him than Sven paid for Michael Johnson on loan.

Vardy also a stunner considering he was from non league.

Wasilewski on a free was pretty special as well.

Albrighton on a free looks good business as well. Morgan a million was excellent.

Hard to pick really.

Cambiasso and Knockeart as well. Excellent business.

For me it has to be Wes. He has been outstanding since he has come here and that includes last season. Found it criminal that people questioned him and called his calamitous for poor form I'm a few games.

Vardy deserves a mention but he's a bit hot and cold at times.

Dyer was arguably the most important as he was a key player in getting us out of both League One and the Chanpionship.

You could argue blooding Andy King and bringing him through the youth set up and reserves was as important as any signing he made.

Looking over Pearsons whole time with Us, 2 spells for me it had to be Lloyd Dyer.

He just kept giving, brilliant in getting us out of League One and important in both out play off campaigns and promotion.

Not as much ability as some of the others but could change a game with a burst of pace and gave his all to the club.

For me, it was Jamie Vardy. The bloke had never kicked a professional ball at the age of 25, and he's gone on to play for England, was the main catalyst behind our promotion in my opinion as he was the one who really did typify what we were about - speed, energy, determination and craft. He really struggled in both the Championship & Premier League, but eventually went on to do everything that we wanted from him. One of the most likeable players I've ever seen at Leicester.

Strong shouts too to Riyad Mahrez - this bloke's ability with a ball should not be underestimated, I haven't seen a better dribbler of the ball at Leicester, a joy to watch on his day, for less than £400k from a team I'd wager the majority on here have forgotten. Excellent business. Danny Drinkwater, "tenacious, average" he was quoted as by fans of Cardiff & Huddersfield when we signed him, before going on to control game after game along with James in the Championship, coming second in Championship player of the year, and still enough years ahead of him to make it at this level. Esteban Cambiasso - I don't think I even need to go into detail. A winner and a legend.

Mahrez or Drinkwater.

To get a player of the formers quality for 400k is scandalous, we probably won't see deal like that again.

Drinks was a player of the year in a title winning side and we paid less for him than Sven paid for Michael Johnson on loan.

Vardy also a stunner considering he was from non league.

Wasilewski on a free was pretty special as well.

Albrighton on a free looks good business as well. Morgan a million was excellent.

Hard to pick really.

Cambiasso and Knockeart as well. Excellent business.

I've tried finding how much Jack Hobbs cost us but all it says is undisclosed. But it's looking like the players all on that list alone cost less than Matt Mills.

Tunchev £375k

Hobbs undisclosed

Berner free

Dyer free

Cambiasso free

Morgan £1million

Vardy £1million

Wellens £1million

Mahrez £400k

Lloyd.

Free transfer and I think he was Nigel's first signing for us.

Ever since he signed the only way was up really.

I've tried finding how much Jack Hobbs cost us but all it says is undisclosed. But it's looking like the players all on that list alone cost less than Matt Mills.

Tunchev £375k
Hobbs undisclosed
Berner free
Dyer free
Cambiasso free
Morgan £1million
Vardy £1million
Wellens £1million
Mahrez £400k

£500,000 for Hobbs if I remember correctly.

Archived