Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

the only way to beat us

is to break us.

The big clubs will try to strip us of our best assets, because that's the only way we can be stopped. We are becoming a force to be reckoned with and the only way the big boys can stop that from happening is by tearing our players apart.

Football really is dead. Money always wins.

Why does it always have to be about money :yawn: Perhaps players move on to win things?

If ANY player wants to leave then let them leave... The club and the fans are here longer than any owner, any manager and any player. Fact.

Around this time last year we lost Cambo. "We're doomed!" we said.

Then they sacked Pearson. "We're doomed!" we said.

He was replaced by Ranieri. "We're doomed!" we said.

Things went really well until West Ham, and then JV got a 2 match ban. "We're doomed!" we said.

We've shaken the footballing world and they will try and buy our better players.

And some of them will be tempted by the money.

"We're doomed!" we say.

is to break us.

The big clubs will try to strip us of our best assets, because that's the only way we can be stopped. We are becoming a force to be reckoned with and the only way the big boys can stop that from happening is by tearing our players apart.

I think that is overstating it, lets see if we can be consistent for 2 or more seasons.

Walsh and the  scouting system have found quality time and time again, we have a manager who knows our strengths and weaknesses which seems straightforward but something many teams of  managers cannot  achieve. They will know what to look for and  what qualities these players need. The scouting system here is as good as any in the world certainly the PL. We have a much greater pool of players to attract than ever before.

These players are not children, they are professional footballers already plying their trade. Our Scouts see things nobody else seems to see, plenty had looked at the likes of Kante,Mahrez,Vardy, etc but nobody was seeing what we were seeing. What Walshy and co do is not luck it is down to being bloody good at your job

Why does it always have to be about money :yawn: Perhaps players move on to win things?

If ANY player wants to leave then let them leave... The club and the fans are here longer than any owner, any manager and any player. Fact.

Money plays a huge part. That's why I don't believe that the new TV deal heralds a more even playing field. The likes of us, Palace, Saints, Stoke, Swansea cannot throw £200k a week at players. I think the record transfer from the clubs is £18 million. Of course it gives the lesser clubs the chance to buy better talent but if you are in bidding war with an Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United or City you'll be comfortably outdone.

If we offer a player £80k a week they can offer double without breaking sweat. We've used that to our advantage in the past with clubs in the Championship so it's not a complaint but realistically we're not going to get players if the consistent top clubs are in the hunt too.

Money plays a huge part. That's why I don't believe that the new TV deal heralds a more even playing field. The likes of us, Palace, Saints, Stoke, Swansea cannot throw £200k a week at players. I think the record transfer from the clubs is £18 million. Of course it gives the lesser clubs the chance to buy better talent but if you are in bidding war with an Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United or City you'll be comfortably outdone.

If we offer a player £80k a week they can offer double without breaking sweat. We've used that to our advantage in the past with clubs in the Championship so it's not a complaint but realistically we're not going to get players if the consistent top clubs are in the hunt too.

Yeah I'm not doubting it but people talk as if money has never played part before... Banks literally demanded a loyalty bonus off us to move to Stoke, McLintock handed in a transfer request despite the fact we offered him more money (and moved to Arsenal where he won trophies)... But they are still legends here. No different to Vardy now.

Yeah plus the tv money is really just going to inflate the wages of players.  We might be able to offer higher wages than previously but so can the bigger teams like man u but only they can top up a wage of over £150,000 rather than us topping up a wage of £80,000

Yeah I'm not doubting it but people talk as if money has never played part before... Banks literally demanded a loyalty bonus off us to move to Stoke, McLintock handed in a transfer request despite the fact we offered him more money (and moved to Arsenal where he won trophies)... But they are still legends here. No different to Vardy now.

The club sold Banks because Shilton threatened to leave if he wasn't made number 1.

Why does it always have to be about money :yawn: Perhaps players move on to win things?

If that were true, surely winning the league would stop this happening to us. It's about money and the status of the club, not winning trophies.

The club sold Banks because Shilton threatened to leave if he wasn't made number 1.

Yes I know but upon leaving Banks request a bonus which Gillies refused. But it still ended up getting paid because Stoke wanted him that much.

If that were true, surely winning the league would stop this happening to us. It's about money and the status of the club, not winning trophies.

Well no because even though we've won the league we're still only Leicester City. We're not as big as Arsenal or either Manchester club, Liverpool, Chelsea etc etc.

Blackburn won the league in 95 and Shearer left for Newcastle in 96. 

is to break us.

Yes and they may even pay the £20m just to weaken us and sit him on the bench all season!

Oh please. Get a hold of yourself.

We have great players because we found them, developed them and cheered them on.

And we now have the money, the reputation and the tournaments to attract new players.

The club is greater than the players. Chin up!

The other clubs especially arsenal are jealous how we have won the league so fast after being promoted they've taken our scouts they've tried to get a number of players from us and our coaching staff ,which says to me how ineffective those other clubs have been

Guys seriously.

Morgan, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Schmeichel, Huth, Albrighton, Simpson, Okazaki, King, Gray, Ulloa, Zieler, Schlupp...

We still have some bloody good players here! Even if the likes of Vardy, Kante and Mahrez leave we still have the best defence in the division and a fantastic scouting team with much more pull than ever before.

We proved time and time again last season we weren't a 3-man team.

Everyone thought Atletico Madrid would sink back into obscurity when they lost their key players in Diego Costa, David Villa, Filipe Luis and Thibaut Courtois after their title win - guess what, they went and bought Antoine Greizmann, Jan Oblak, and Fermando Torres and they were fine and even if they don't score as many, they still have the best defence in Spain!

And we have fecking Champions League football to look forward to next season!

Chill! We've never been in a better position than this in our 132 year history! Enjoy it!

We've already made one very exciting signing in Zieler. There's plenty more to come to add to our already fantastic side (even without Vardy, Mahrez and Kante) I'm sure.

Well no because even though we've won the league we're still only Leicester City. We're not as big as Arsenal or either Manchester club, Liverpool, Chelsea etc etc.

Blackburn won the league in 95 and Shearer left for Newcastle in 96. 

Slightly different though. Blackburn won it in the '94/'95 season and were nowhere near as convincing as us (despite having a much bigger cash injection) and couldn't keep it in their own hands, literally falling over the finish line. We won it going away, and that was after being handicapped with the losses of Vardy, Drinkwater and Huth.

Also, Shearer left after 1 more, unsuccessful title defence season for Blackburn and Newcastle were, at that time, a colossus.

Much more incentive for Vardy to stay than it was for Shearer.

To be fair, even at worse case scenario of losing all three I can see us replacing them with decent players and becoming a team like Everton or Southampton are currently. A couple of seasons ago, that was the dream, to establish ourselves in the premier league - we've just been lucky enough to win the title along the way.

I doubt we were ever going to become a 'big club' anyway, even if they stayed. There's a part of me that wouldn't want that anyway, it's why I chose Leicester in the first place ahead of much bigger teams.

Around this time last year we lost Cambo. "We're doomed!" we said.

Then they sacked Pearson. "We're doomed!" we said.

He was replaced by Ranieri. "We're doomed!" we said.

Things went really well until West Ham, and then JV got a 2 match ban. "We're doomed!" we said.

We've shaken the footballing world and they will try and buy our better players.

And some of them will be tempted by the money.

"We're doomed!" we say.

This might be controversial but I'm not sure we'll miss Vardy so badly. Life has a habit of lifting you up and kicking you down. And if I were a betting man I'd say Vardy might be just lining up for the downside. Indeed I think he'll look back and say it never got better than winning the Premiership and launching his England career.  I don't wish it that way but we'll see.       

Slightly different though. Blackburn won it in the '94/'95 season and were nowhere near as convincing as us (despite having a much bigger cash injection) and couldn't keep it in their own hands, literally falling over the finish line. We won it going away, and that was after being handicapped with the losses of Vardy, Drinkwater and Huth.

Also, Shearer left after 1 more, unsuccessful title defence season for Blackburn and Newcastle were, at that time, a colossus.

Much more incentive for Vardy to stay than it was for Shearer.

Vardy is also a lot older and has only been at the very top for a couple of seasons, though - it may be now or never for a big move, unlike Shearer who was still relatively young.

Vardy is also a lot older and has only been at the very top for a couple of seasons, though - it may be now or never for a big move, unlike Shearer who was still relatively young.

I get what you're saying. But a big move to Arsenal!!!

A club with a 13, consecutive year history of blowing it. And also who will probably not play him in the role he is best at. Doesn't make sense. Other than the money, which is the very antithesis of why and how he won the league with us in the first place!!

Archived