Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 2-2 Middlesbrough - Vote Now

Zieler 3 - Plays every game like we're 4-0 up.

Simpson 5

Huth 5

Morgan 5

Fuchs 5

Mahrez 4

King 4

Amartey 5

Albrighton 4

Okazaki 5

Vardy 3

subs:

Slimani 6

Musa 5

Gray n/a

Ranieri 2

Ref 6

Boro 5

10 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Zieler 3 - Plays every game like we're 4-0 up.

Simpson 5

Huth 5

Morgan 5

Fuchs 5

Mahrez 4

King 4

Amartey 5

Albrighton 4

Okazaki 5

Vardy 3

subs:

Slimani 6

Musa 5

Gray n/a

Ranieri 2

Ref 6

Boro 5

Zieler 3 but the back 4 got all a 5. Especially Huth who made a mistake worthy of Sunday league, letting Negredo go and Fuchs not covering. Go figure...

None of ours deserve anything above 5, except slimani, who made a difference and look like he gave a shit.

First time ever, and with a heavy heart, voted Claudio to leave, for no other reason than his refusal to change, how long can you do the same thing, getting the same results, and not adapt and change it.

Zieler 5 Doesn't look confident

Simpson & Fuchs 4 Some dreadful positioning/anticipation from our full-backs today

Morgan & Huth 6 Playing too high a line, but I'd blame Ranieri for that

Amartey 6 Mixed bag but persevered, worked hard & played some decent passes

King 4 Didn't rise to the occasion and impose himself

Albrighton 5 Meh (after a good showing v. Bruges)

Mahrez 4 Lack of service doesn't excuse lack of contribution

Okazaki 6 One of the few players trying to make something happen

Vardy 4 See Mahrez...low on confidence?

Musa & Slimani 6 Gave us some vigour & threat off the bench

Gray 5 Meh

Claudio 3, Stay - Must take some blame for our lack of central midfield creativity; maybe should have changed formation rather than try King-Amartey....and I presume he told the defence to play a high line, which proved suicidal (both goals)

Ref 4 Some petty decisions & seemed to join in the time-wasting!

Boro 5 Tidy but limited; will probably finish about 16th on that showing

Zieler - 4 Looks very nervous, need Kasper back very soon!

Simpson- 5 Thats the Simpson of old, wingers keep getting goal side of him and as usual he cant pass wind!

Huth - 6 Usual sturdy and solid performance

Wes - 6 see Huth

Fuchs - 5 shadow of his former self, hoofing sloppy balls in the box

Mahrez - 5 Defenders doubling up on him ,needs a rest!

King - 3 Total lack of confidence and completely looks out of his depth with his backwards passing!!

Amartey - 6 Still nowhere near the finished article but better today

Albrighton - 4 Far too predictable going forward but does put in a shift defensively, better options on the bench.

Okazaki - 5 Far too inconsistent, nearly scored with a great volley but barely in the game. 

Vardy - 4 Heard on radio Leicester after the game he had 5 touches....enough said!

Slimani - 6 We need this guy fit and well, took his penalty well, holds the ball up well and always puts in a shift!

Ranieri - 4  Tactically very poor today, I dont understand how Gray doesnt get his chance?

Slimani,  Musa and Gray all looked good,  7 each

Okazaki 7 

Vardy 4 hardly touched the ball.

Albrighton 6

King 3

Amartey 5

.Morgan 5

Huth 6

Simpson 6

Fuchs 6

Zieler 1 fails to communicate with defence, poor positioning, should be dropped for Hamer. 

Plenty of knee-jerk rections so far.

Zieler - 5 - Some poor clearances. No chance with either goal.

Simpson - 6 - His side was fairly comfortable all game.

Morgan - 6 - Would have been a 5 but he's earnt an extra point for the last minute bit of genius.

Huth - 4 - Really poor game today. Negredo had him running in circles. Don't think he won a header.

Fuchs - 4 - Made Traore look like Messi. Everything about him isn't quite right at the moment. Reckon he might need a rest.

Albrighton - 4 - Didn't make an impression on the game. His passing was borderline atrocious.

King - 5 - Anonymous. If we'd bought him in the summer we'd want money back. He did make a couple of nice passes and kept the game ticking at times.

Amartey - 7 - MOTM - Second half was poor but in the second he was far more impressive. Closed down well and passed it about well. CM isn't his position, but where is it?

Mahrez - 6 - Nice penalty and nice trickery to set up Okazaki's overhead attempt. Feel sorry for him because he was 7 men marking him. Boro knew that if they stopped Riyad that, without Drinkwater, they'd stop Leicester's creativity.

Okazaki - 6 - Held the ball up well. Another player whose passing was off. Would have been the best goal i've seen at the KP if that overhead had gone in, hands down.

Vardy - 5 - Has absolutely no confidence at all. Nothing is going his way.  He needs a game like Negredo today where he's playing a dodgy defence who don't know how to handle him.

Slimani - 6 - Nice penalty, good aggression. Didn't get the ball much though. You get the feeling that when we start creating chances more often that he'll be lethal.

Gray - 4 - Should have used him while he was in form. His sulking has affected his game.

Musa - 5 - I like him. I think he should be starting because I think you've got to man mark him to stop him. The more of those players we have in the team then the less work Mahrez and Vardy have to do.

Ranieri - 5 - His hands were tied but today was the day to switch it up a bit. Considering how strong the bench was today you get the feeling that he could have affected the game better with his substitutions.

Boro - 8 - I think that was the best away performance i've seen at the KP this season. They did their homework and every player put in 110%. Remember when we played like that away? *sigh*

Ref - 5 - First was debatable. Second was stone waller. Gave a lot of dodgy fouls and gave out bookings for next to nothing. Had better, had worse.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Boro 5 Tidy but limited; will probably finish about 16th on that showing

Harsh. It was a really good away performance for a newly-promoted side. Worked really hard and played some good football. They'll finish above us on that showing.

Zeiler  5   Doesnt inspire confidence in the defence

Simpson  6  our most  consistent  performer this  season

Morgan  6  his job is hard without decent cover in front of him..

Huth...6   same comment as per Morgan

Fuchs  4   can look good going forward...but defence wise poor.. failed to step up for the offside and cost us the second goal 

King   4...honest pro but not sure hes up to this level..certainly not in a 2 man midfield

Amartey 6  good physical presence but no creativity.. decent effort on goal late on however

Albrighton  4  100 per cent effort ..but gave the ball away too often..again

Mahrez   6   going forward he almost carries the team...looks like hes feeling the strain

Okazaki  6  admire his work effort but think it does effect his goal tally...should  concentrate on scoring but has to help out  in midfield

Vardy   3   Thanks for last season but doesnt look as though he wants to be here this one

Slimani  6  giving his all...handful for the opposition defenders  

Musa   6  same comment as per Slimani

Gray   5  shows glimpses of  ability...think he needs to work harder on it or it will be wasted

Raneiri  5  Has to make some tough decisions come January

24 minutes ago, bovril said:

Harsh. It was a really good away performance for a newly-promoted side. Worked really hard and played some good football. They'll finish above us on that showing.

16th wouldn't be a bad finish for a newly promoted side. I agree that on that showing (by both sides), they will finish above us - but we're on dreadful form, and Boro could still have easily lost to us (and could have won, admittedly).

They kept possession very well, but to and fro across the field, in front of our defence. They didn't achieve much penetration or create much apart from the goals - good runs by their players, but a competent defence would have covered them....and during the brief periods when we got a bit creative, their defence looked creaky.

I suppose that I feel that, given how poor some of our performances are just now, any decent team should be beating us. We'll improve hopefully.

24 minutes ago, kingfox said:

7 - Amartey 

6 - Morgan, Huth, Okazaki

5 - Simpson, Fuchs

4 - Mahrez

3 - Zieler, King, Albrighton, Vardy

Please tell me how you can give Huth and Fuchs a 6. Boro's second goal should never ever have happened at this level. You can't let your opponent go like this and Fuchs didn't even cover it. Woeful.

Haven't seen the game. Seems like Amartey despite some reservations is finding his feet. Watched his driving forward for FC Copenhagen before he joined. Was excellent despite difference in standard of league. Can he come good when given more support? Musa and Gray occupy teams too. Need to give more time. 

Okazaki 6

Vardy 5

Albrighton 6

King 1

Amartey 6

Morgan 6

Huth 5

Simpson 6

Fuchs 6

Zieler 5

Slimani 7

Musa 6

Gray 6

Once again just a few flashes of positive position in the last 1/3 another frustrating game that was gifted through penalties, much rather have preferred to have bagged those great goals that Boro buried.

The defense has once again just been atrocious there needs to be a serious shake up at the back that does not involve Wasilewski

Archived