Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
separator

Secret Album Tracks

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/dont-let-the-secret-album-track-die

Always loved a good hidden track on a CD. Final track finishes, a few minutes of silence then an unexpected song starts, often not listed on the album sleeve. MP3 downloads may render them to a thing of the past.

Travis The Man Who album... about 4 minutes after the final song finishes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCbErWNRv1g

Life Is For Living, hidden on Coldplay Parachutes album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNWCryln7xM

I'm sure there are plenty more hidden gems out there.

I prefer the Jacknife Lee Version of Reason Is Treason on the end of Kasabian's eponymous debut album, to the original. The first time I can remember it was on Nevermind, which is one I still quite like - just a riot of noise!

Hidden tracks really frustrate me, even if they are genuinely good tracks. It's the fact that you get to the end then, if you're not really concentrating, you realise you've been listening to silence for ages as you've not yet got to that last hidden track. It's not so bad if the gap is only of a few minutes, but some are 10+ mins. Frustrating. :angry: 

The final song on The Verves Urban Hymns album finishes then has about 10 minutes silence followed by a few minutes of noise. I put the song (Come On) on a jukebox in a pub once expecting only the actual song to play, All 15 minutes played, 10 of which were silent  lol

The Stone Roses and the Second Coming CD have 100 tracks. When the album itself finishes you have to wait 85 tracks to get to the hidden track. They did it to stop people playing it on random but it sucks really.

I tried listening to it a few months ago.  Tracks 14-84 are definitely the best

Ash 1977, about 10 minutes after the last track it's just a recording of them pissing around drunk in the studio vomitting everywhere, that was the first one I heard and it fair shit me up, thinking the CD had finished then hearing these random drunken voices in my room.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sgt. Pepper has a track that's so well hidden that you'll never hear it - unless you're a dog!

There was also some backward stuff on the play-out groove (I'm talking vinyl here) which you only heard if your tone arm didn't automatically return at the end of the record. 

The last few words probably meant nothing to our younger listeners!! :P Explanation here

Archived