Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Derby Pre Match

We are at home where we are dominant, Burnley and QPR are both away.

Beat the sheepshaggers and that will be an end to their automatic promotion hopes.

It is a game where we can illustrate our title credentials, no excuses now that we are out of the cup, NP resting key players clearly highlights that.

No it won't. Got loads of games to go yet. They are in the top 6, been on a decent run and slipped up to a strong Wigan side that seems to be getting better.

The sheepshaggers season is going down the drain  lol

What a defeat to the second or third best team in the Country means their season is going down the drain? Have a day off.

Defending aside!  :P

But yeh, totally agree, I've said this about most of our recent games. If we under perform we can easily lose to Derby, but at our best there isn't a better side in the league, IMO.

We kept a clean sheet against Reading, are you thinking about Bolton?

It's vital we perform to the best of our ability on Friday, but it's a winnable game.

I don't think Derby's run is as impressive as people make out but it's an even bigger exaggeration to say their season is 'going down the drain' because of a few off-performances here and there.

Too much arselicking the sheepshaggers from some our fans, all they have done is beat a couple of average teams, if they were ahead of us in the league table maybe I will stand up and take notice but they f**king aren't and never will be.

We will beat them imo.

and hopefully it should shut up some our of Closet sheepshaggers.

Too much arselicking the sheepshaggers from some our fans, all they have done is beat a couple of average teams, if they were ahead of us in the league table maybe I will stand up and take notice but they f**king aren't and never will be.

We will beat them imo.

and hopefully it should shut up some our of Closet sheepshaggers.

I'm not a closet Derby fan, but some of the stuff you posted was shite. "Their season is down the drain". They've just lost to Chelsea, who actually played a strong team. Maybe if you were more respectful towards opposition.

They beat some average teams did they? Technically, that's all we've done. But if you haven't noticed, you can only beat what's in front of you in football... Their run was good, 8 or 9 games at any level is a great return, and it ended at home to Wigan. Wigan are very strong themselves (look at their squad) and are quietly improving. Maybe if they didn't appoint a bad manager, they'd be higher in the league.

I'm not a closet Derby fan, but some of the stuff you posted was shite. "Their season is down the drain". They've just lost to Chelsea, who actually played a strong team. Maybe if you were more respectful towards opposition.

They beat some average teams did they? Technically, that's all we've done. But if you haven't noticed, you can only beat what's in front of you in football... Their run was good, 8 or 9 games at any level is a great return, and it ended at home to Wigan. Wigan are very strong themselves (look at their squad) and are quietly improving. Maybe if they didn't appoint a bad manager, they'd be higher in the league.

95% of his posts are complete shite, are you still surprised?

Bloody hell this isn't rugby where opposition fans hold each other hands, I f**king hate Derby.

They are our rivals, "their season is down the drain" I should further add here is hoping! is that better for you? 

Bloody hell this isn't rugby where opposition fans hold each other hands, I f**king hate Derby.

They are our rivals, "their season is down the drain" I should further add here is hoping! is that better for you? 

Are you 7 years old? Just because you don't like someone it doesn't mean you can't appreciate that they're doing alright. You just sound like an idiot.

Separating what you want to happen and what is actually happening is quite a key skill in life.

Maybe you'll pick it up some day.

Are they averaging automatic promotion form?

Are you 7 years old? Just because you don't like someone it doesn't mean you can't appreciate that they're doing alright. You just sound like an idiot.

That is what I consider to be alright..

When they do that maybe I will start to appreciate how good they are doing but right now they are playoff contenders and nothing more than that.

Are they averaging automatic promotion form?

That is what I consider to be alright..

When they do that maybe I will start to appreciate how good they are doing but right now they are playoff contenders and nothing more than that.

You understand that things can change, right? Just because right now they're not top of the league (one of the reasons being their shit start to the season) it doesn't mean they're not very good.

I don't think anyone is saying that they're afraid of them, just that they need to be respected.

Playing a day later than us and having played their first team for the majority of the Christmas period I'm hoping Derby might be a little fatigued, particularly after a hard game today. I'm going for a 3 - 1 victory, with a late goal to release the pressure. A good footballing game, but our quality to shine through. 24000 attending.

As I said in another thread... if we keep Derby out then nick one down t'other end, we'll win.... lol

What I meant to say was that I think this will be a close game. They are free-flowing and free-scoring. We need to stop their attacks through the middle and impose our own game on them. I think we will win 1-0.

:fc: this

Interestingly Derby were won of the mediocre teams we battered in our 22 points from 8 games streak under Sven. We then ran into three of the top six in quick succession and completely folded. We even had the same "this is our year" moment that they had when they finally broke down 10 man Boro when Waghorn scored in the last minute against Bristol City. 

Wigan was Derby's first test for a while and they folded, much like us at Cardiff in 10/11. This next game is a proper test of our and Derby's mettle.

It is not just Derby under the microscope here. Last time we were in a good run of form and had a great opportunity to put a huge gap between us and our seemingly dangerous East Midlands rivals, we lost 0-2 at home to Forest (in admittedly bizarre circumstances). 

This is a great chance for both teams to lay down a real marker of what they're capable of and what their true promotion capabilities are. I think home advantage might just see us squeeze through with a narrow win, but I am really excited about this game because I think we're going to see two decent sides going all out to win.

Archived