Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Ulloa - Signed

Are we still using the excuse that we were hungover when Brighton dicked us at home then?

Christ. How long do hangovers last? A day, two tops.

Think people are using the word hangover to cover not being arsed and complacency.

Pleased with this. The price is high but reflective of the current market unfortunately. If Fulham go and spend £11million on McCormack, everyone else suffers.

We've needed a big, strong, mobile centre forward who can also score a few and Ulloa ticks all of the boxes. The type of goals he scores he can do so at any level. From what I've seen his goals come from getting in the right areas and using his strength to beat defenders to the ball - be it PL or non-league you can't do anything if someone is better than you physically (i.e. taller, faster) and people like Crouch and Dyer have made a career out of it.

Yes, chances will be fewer at a higher level and defenders' positioning and strength will be greater but I'm confident that if he gets the service he can get approaching 10 goals. I just hope that people remember that if he has a slow start, in what are very tough opening fixtures, not to write him off. We haven't signed a Knockaert or Mahrez who will create his own opportunities but we have signed someone who we can expect to bag a few and cause problems if he gets the supply from those kind of players.

Really pleased with this signing - he's going to be hugely useful as long as he doesn't do what Out Foxed just said. I don't believe Pearson wants to bring in any more strikers with the obvious talent we have in him, Nuge, Vardy and Wood.  For me that's already a Premiership roster which wouldn't look out of place in a top 12 squad.

Big risk, but fairly happy with the signing, we needed a striker, a striker was the priority for me and we've signed one, at a big price, only time will tell if it's a deservedly high price or not, I can't really comment too much on what he's been like for Brighton because I've not really watched him, can't really remember him playing against us but passed us twice (Albeit one of if not the poorest performance of the season - a pissed up/hungover/celebratory game).

It goes without saying I hope he does well for us.

I'm a huge fan of Pearson, he hasn't signed too many bad players, but he's done this without spending too much money either, I just hope he not one of these managers that can't spend money well - I have no reason to suggest that anyway, I'm just abit worried when this club spends big money.

Good post Matt

My mate who lives in Brighton text me and congratulated us for taking him away, his words were (he knew i had just had my pet dog put to sleep not long ago)

'Your old dog has more chance of running around in the premiership than he does!'

Take it he's a bit lazy then?

My mate who lives in Brighton text me and congratulated us for taking him away, his words were (he knew i had just had my pet dog put to sleep not long ago)

'Your old dog has more chance of running around in the premiership than he does!'

You need a new friend like we need a new left back

Fvck that's a bit harsh, what a dick

Take it your friend's a bit of a twat then?

A top signing and my number one signing for us weeks ago when his name was mentioned. Above the likes of Wickham and Campbell.

He's scored goals wherever he's been in Spain and South America including an equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid in a league game.

Obviously he cannot be judged on one goal alone, but he has moved to England and in just over a year has scored almost a goal every two games at Brighton. Clearly he has adapted to the English culture/language/living here very quickly to be such an instant success in The Championship, as well as the style of football.

He is more than a 6 foot 3 target man, from seeing him play he also has great technical capability with the ball at his feet, and at 27 with goals aplenty in three countries he has the experience to deal with adversity if he has a slow start to Premier League life.

Today's market is inflated for strikers who you believe will score the goals to achieve the ultimate objective of the club.

Fulham are aiming to be promoted in their 1st season, and have bought in McCormack for 14 million... Considerably more than Ulloa.

McCormack's overall goals per game for Leeds is worse than Ulloa's in The Championship, and over half of McCormack's career goals for Leeds came last season when he scored 28.

So he's basically had three below average/poor seasons at Leeds until last year, and Fulham have paid that much for him hoping he gets 28 goals again and fires them straight back to the Premier League.

That's 14 million, for a man who has had one superb season and many average seasons at best and is TOTALLY UNPROVEN in the PL. He's also the same age as Ulloa, 27.

A good friend of mine is a Liverpool fan so I've watched a lot of Borini since his move there and subsequent Sunderland loan/transfer. Borini looked completely out of his depth at Liverpool in the Premier League, he's just been sold to Sunderland for 14 million after his successful loan spell. I've had a bet with that friend that Ulloa will score more for us than Borini for Sunderland next season, which is a bit optimistic but I'm a Leicester supporter after all.

Quality signing from NP and compared to some a good price. He will be chomping at the bit to succeed and I feel he will score at least 10 league goals, which would be a fine opening season return for 7-8million price tag.

Up the city!

Do not mind a "lazy" goalscorer if I`m honest as long as he gets on the scoresheet on a regular basis ! the Yak was`nt exactly energetic was he ?  banged em in though :-)

The first player that sprang to my mind was Yakubu, hardly ever seemed to get out of first gear yet scored 9 in 19 or something like that.

Brazilian Ronaldo was similar especially in World Cups.

Saw the picture of Leo with the Leicester shirt - heartbreaking

Hope he does the business for you lot , he's a strong talent and as I've said in the rumours thread a real strong player who hasn't peaked yet , the fee looks excessive from your POV but I really believe he'll pay you back.

Best of luck.

Do not mind a "lazy" goalscorer if I`m honest as long as he gets on the scoresheet on a regular basis ! the Yak was`nt exactly energetic was he ? banged em in though :-)

I thought the season we just had might stop posts like this.

We can't afford a 'lazy goalscorer'

We need energetic, industrious goalscorers who play for the team and develop a strike partnership. Just like Vardy and Nugent did. Its a team game. Particularly this season, everyone must pull their weight for each other.

Im sure that's what Pearson is saying.

I thought the season we just had might stop posts like this.

We can't afford a 'lazy goalscorer'

We need energetic, industrious goalscorers who play for the team and develop a strike partnership. Just like Vardy and Nugent did. Its a team game. Particularly this season, everyone must pull their weight for each other.

Im sure that's what Pearson is saying.

Sorry for having an opinion Col !! I think we can afford a lazy goalSCORER, it`s great to see Nuge and Vards running their hearts out grafting for the cause and it may well work in the top flight, but, goals win games as they say, and if Mr lazy gets them using nous and instinct, a la the Yak, TC etc I`ll cheer just as loud.

Archived