Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Impressed with Ulloa.

Short and simple.

Forget the pricetag, quality player, his presence and strength is incredible, and for a big men he can move.

Has the knack of putting a lot of pressure on without giving away fouls, he just stands behind them.

The thing is, he might actually be good for wood to learn from.

Not 100% sure about his mobility but given that was his debut I'll wait to make a judgement, given the way we were forced to play yesterday which involved plenty of long clearances, he had plenty of opportunity to show if he could hold the ball up. Well he would if a few of the clearances had been made in his direction!

He could well prove to be a good acquisition for when we want to play a certain way which is why NP bought him. on the flip side, with evertons back 2 and DCM looking very slow, vardy would have been interesting yesterday though I can't see us having many chances of playing 2 up front in this league unless we are chasing the game.

He did very well. Would of loved to see him with Vardy though. Vardy would have caused a huge threat against a slow defensive pairing and I think it would of made Baines be more hesitant about pushing so far up the field.

I was impressed with Ulloas work rate and technical ability on the ball. He looked strong and took the finish very well. A huge slice of luck with the clearance that bit him but not a tap in, still had a lot to do.

I don't like the idea of him and Nugent together as they need someone like Vardy to play off.

Also with the threat we caused them in the air I was surprised it wasn't Nugent for Wood earlier on!

Great game, great debut.

Yeah was also impressed very good.

Nice to see us sign a striker for big money and them to hit the ground running as opposed to the usual scenario of signing a striker (Infact any player) for a big money and them to be poor only to blamed on the pressure of a big price tag.

I just hope Ulloa keeps it up and keeps scoring - I see no reason to worry about that.

He played well. I'm pleased for him, and Nigel, especially because it's not easy for both people with a price tag such as that. But I'm pleased he scored, he obviously knows where the goal actually is (which is good) because the ball dropped to him and he was able to convert.

From the little I've seen of him, he's got a real knack of getting on the end of the ball and he's got a talent for directing the ball goalwards from all sorts of angles. That can only lead to goals, providing we give him service. Brighton fans described him as clinical and I can see why, on his showings so far.

From the little I've seen of him, he's got a real knack of getting on the end of the ball and he's got a talent for directing the ball goalwards from all sorts of angles. That can only lead to goals, providing we give him service. Brighton fans described him as clinical and I can see why, on his showings so far.

He positions himself so well to win headers. Brighton fans said he didn't have a very good work rate but definitely put a shift in yesterday imo

Should have hit the target with a free header after he got in front of their defender to get onto a cross, but apart from that he looked useful in the circumstances.

To be fair to him that was a really tough chance

To be fair to him that was a really tough chance

Yeah he was some way in front of the near post and you often see those going wide. I just thought with him being under no real pressure he should have been able to get his angles right enough to give the keeper a save to make at least. I think he snatched at it a bit. Not a major criticism.

Good solid performance from him yesterday considering he was being marked by two very experienced PL defenders. Great for him to get a goal, that will boost his confidence so much. Looks very good in the air and a clever player with his flicks. Can't wait to see him partnered with Vardy. With Vardy's pace and Ulloa's airial ability and hold up play, hopefully we will see a lot of goals come from the both of them.

Archived