Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hirsty The Blue 94

Team for Swansea?

Swansea should beat us, but they haven't won since August so there's hope.

I'd play a 4-1-2-1-2 (bare with me)

Kasper

Konchesky

Moore

Morgan

De Laet

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

James

King

Ulloa

Vardy

Subs: Mahrez, Nugent, Powell, Hammond, Simpson, Waz, Hamer.

Kasper

Simpson - time for RDL to be dropped.

Konch

Wasyl - Moore loses his man too much. Puts his body on the line etc but most of these last ditch tackles/blocks are through poor positioning or losing his man.

Morgan

Cambiasso

James

Drinky

Mahrez

I would go for a diamond midfield with cambiasso in front of the defence and Mahrez behind the front two. James and Drinky can then play in the centre and we will still have a solid base.

Vardy

Ulloa.

Why we didn't start Vardy yesterday was beyond me. Ulloa had little support because the wingers were so ineffective. We badly miss his energy Nd enthusiasm when he doesn't play.

Agree about moore. Going to be brilliant. But shows a lack of experience. Upson will be straight in the team when fit.

schmeichel

simpson          morgan                    moore         konchesky

hammond

drinky                         cambiasso

vardy                               mahrez

ulloa

subs:hamer de laet james king nugent wood knockaert

Vardy on the bench for the last game was a bad decision. I see what Pearson was thinking. Get the Newcastle fans on their backs in a tight scrappy game and then bring on some artillery to cause problems but it didn't work as by the time Vardy and Nugent came on Ulloa, Drinkwater and James were at 50% fitness at best.

This game is probably going to be a tough one, we will have to soak up a lot of pressure and possession.

We can't afford to not play wingers because of how Swansea play, but we can't afford to play 1 up top because we are not a threat at all going forward with just the one, so we have to leave someone out in the middle.

The problem we have with the full squad available is lack of class out wide. Vardy is a striker, not a winger. Schlupp is a ..... I don't know what he is.. He's below average everywhere he has played.

Albrighton / Knockaert are very poor! We need a winger in January!

I will probably get shot down for this but... Why not try Mahrez on the left and RDL on the right with Simpson behind him? I think RDL on the right is better than Schlupp on the left!!

Kasper

Simpson    Morgan   Moore    Konch

RDL       Cambiasso    Drinkwater      Mahrez

Vardy           Ulloa

How do you guys feel about that??

So it seems fans want to see us get torn apart by Routledge & Dyer :thumbup:

I was thinking that as well haha "let's play a diamond" against a team that attack out wide as good as anyone in the league.

Let's hope Pearson does more homework than some of these else we are in for a week like Sunderland had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansea play two wingers. We won't make the palace mistake. Will be 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2. I suspect we will go back to 4-4-1-1 with nugent pressing shelvey. expect DD and MJ to be the middle 2 with mahrez and schlupp wide to help with Routledge and dyer. Pearson could play vardy up top instead of ulloa. Depending on whether simpson's fitness numbers are good, he could get a start.

Got to go back to basics 4-4-2

Schmeichel

Simpson (will deal with routledge better than De laet)

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky (no other option really)

Albrigthon

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

It is imperative we play this formation to deal with their threat out wide, and if even i can see this i would rather hope Pearson can.

I was thinking that as well haha "let's play a diamond" against a team that attack out wide as good as anyone in the league.

Let's hope Pearson does more homework than some of these else we are in for a week like Sunderland had!

Exactly some fans are deluded, didn't they learn anything from the last two away games. 

Let's play a diamond in midfield because it worked against Man Utd, let's play a diamond because Cambiasso is some sort of god.

Swansea play two wingers, Manchester United don't, 4-3-3 was the right formation for the United game, 4-5-1/4-3-3 wasn't the right formation for Palace & Newcastle, and it won't be right for Swansea either.

Archived