Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

King not free to talk to clubs in January- signs new 4 year deal

I stand corrected! Andy King, I thought, would struggle in the Prem. In my humble opinion (when he's played) he's been our best player! I'm really surprised he's not featuring at present and I have this sneaky (unconfirmed) feeling that he's making way for Cambiasso? If so, I don't think that's wise.

Thracian has it spot on. King is quite a classy player and our best midfielder at controlling the passing aspect of our game. I hope to see him on Saturday as the Andy King who can control a game, rather than the Andy King who can sometimes be a spectator.

i've got it bookmarked. i watch it when i'm drunk sometimes. i do the same with stringer's commentary of gradel's goal at mk dons. i don't know why. 

Some quality goals in there, but I'd forgotten how many he scored with his head. Legend!

Some quality goals in there, but I'd forgotten how many he scored with his head. Legend!

Shame that part of his game has all but gone now though, not sure he's done enough to warrant a new 4 year contract he's been in and out the side for a few years now.. maybe it was a reward for getting us here as Vardy, Drinkwater, James etc all received similar contracts but there was a delay in signing this one?

2010/11 season. Great finish, personally I think that was his best ever season for us.

In terms of scoring it certainly was. He's just a classy player and I love watching all the goals from that video. All sorts of finishes. He's not scored so many goals in his role recently so you often forget just how cool, calm and class his finishing is. Used right he could again bag important goals this season.

In terms of scoring it certainly was. He's just a classy player and I love watching all the goals from that video. All sorts of finishes. He's not scored so many goals in his role recently so you often forget just how cool, calm and class his finishing is. Used right he could again bag important goals this season.

Sven used to moan that all he did was score goals. Not even joking.

Sven probably really rated Yakubu for the same thing...

But the Yak was a striker. As a central midfielder Sven didn't think Kingy had enough of an all round game.

But the Yak was a striker. As a central midfielder Sven didn't think Kingy had enough of an all round game.

Didn't he give him the 4 year contract that lasted until now though? Anyway we all know Kingy does have an all round game. It's just come at the cost of some goals.

in all seriousness kingy is a hero. he's played in near enough every big game for the past 6 years and has been incredible in most of them. all the play off games he's been motm, scored in all the wins vs forest (3-0, 2-3, 1-0), scored vs city in the cup game, scored in wins vs derby. "great servant" gets thrown around way too much but he has served our club like a king. 

and has proven in the past 3 months he still has a lot to offer. it would be mental to not get him signed up for at least the next few years. 

I've always noticed this. He's a big game player for us. I'd love to know how many of our players have scored that many against Derby, Forest and Coventry.

Archived