Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Realistically, look at the rest of the actual fixtures.How many pts.End position?

So we have 17 games left, forget whats gone.We have found some form.

Go through our fixture list, and bottom 8 teams.

How many points can we realistically get, give 2 ideas, then ask yourselves do we stay up.??

I believe we will, if we are not needing 40/41 pts.

My reckoning...no logic brhind it is ...38/42pts, I have been bias and optimistic.

I am a fan and enjoy positive belief.Pessimism is not in my brief.

SO..guys n gals, wadda yus think.

37, 38 points will be more then enough, maybe even a couple less. A third of the league is battling relegation, a lot of games between each other.

17 games to go. Stoke, Palace, WBA, QPR home. These gamse are do or die. Win these and you'll be two thirds of the way there. Get good results at Burnley and against West Ham, Swansea and Newcastle home.

Average is always around 38 points. There seems a real bone of contention amongst 8 or 9 teams, so I think the safety net will lie at 36 or 37pts.

We have 17, if we can take 3 from stoke, WBA, crystal pardew, Sunderland, burnley, Qpr and Hull then we will be laughing.

My prediction: Leicester 16th Burnley 17th aston villa 18th QPR 19th Hull 20th

Watching MOTD tonight you'd perhaps believe that referees appointments may be crucial..

Last week we suffer 'ghost penalties' andarguably  lose 2 points as a result.

Today Palace are awarded a 'non' penalty, escape with not conceding one that is and end the day with 3pts when they should have earned a maximum of one!

It was a penalty for Palace. Definite foul. How the two penalties were given against us at Liverpool I do not know. Apart from a lucky one against United we haven't had many decisions in our favour and indeed should have had at least 5/6 more.

I can see this being a year where few points are needed to stay up. I reckon 35-36 points will keep us safe, 19 from the next 51 available is far from impossible, especially given we have still to play Palace, Hull, Newcastle and QPR at home as well as Burnley and Sunderland away. 

It's less about how many and more about against who.

We need 40+ points this season i think. Going to be a very tight bottom 6-7.

Should be re-worded.

It was a penalty for Palace. Definite foul. How the two penalties were given against us at Liverpool I do not know. Apart from a lucky one against United we haven't had many decisions in our favour and indeed should have had at least 5/6 more.

They best spurs because spurs are poor away from home. Spurs kept getting lucky. we should have beaten them aswell. poor decisions? Like newcastles disallowed goal last week?

Decisions will generally even themselves out. However, getting a pen when you are losing by three isn't quite the same as when you're drawing! That's the problem.

I would split the fixtures into 4 groups:

1) Tricky home games - Chelsea, West Ham, Southampton

2) Winnable home games - Stoke, Palace, Hull, Swansea, Newcastle, QPR

3) Winnable away games - Burnley, West Brom, Sunderland, Everton

4) Bonus away games - Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City

Obviously it doesn't really matter how we get them but I think we probably need another 19 points. I think we'll need at least 10 from those "pot 2" games, but that does mean we can afford to lose a couple of them.

I would split the fixtures into 4 groups:

1) Tricky home games - Chelsea, West Ham, Southampton

2) Winnable home games - Stoke, Palace, Hull, Swansea, Newcastle, QPR

3) Winnable away games - Burnley, West Brom, Sunderland, Everton

4) Bonus away games - Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City

Obviously it doesn't really matter how we get them but I think we probably need another 19 points. I think we'll need at least 10 from those "pot 2" games, but that does mean we can afford to lose a couple of them.

Good thinking, well put together.Goes along my line, though I would put Swansea into pot 1.

I suppose the football spirits, will confuse the obvious, and suprises are in store.

Archived