Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

Nuge's chance was offside, and in any case he fluffed it.

Kramaric had a couple of decent efforts on goal and looked far more likely to produce something than the ineffective Vardy. Maybe the reason we had so much of the ball post-subs was because Man City had sewn the game up and decided to sit back on it like good sides often do.

Oh pipe down! Don't start this, "The opposition sat back and let us have a go" malarkey again. We played much better after the subs and created more chances which could have got us back in the game. Krammy didn't look likely to score in a brothel tonight. I like the guy, I really do. I feel sorry for him playing on his own up top. He runs and chases everything, but because he does that he his hake dead by the 70th minute. Hence why Pearson subs him off. My point was we made more chances (I didn't say we had finished them) after the subs were made, therefore the subs made sense and did what they were intended to do. Which was to open up the game.

And to be honest if man city were 'seeing it out' as you say, then all the more reason to chuck on three strikers and have a go. *bang head here*

Yeah, don't mention that he took off perennial scapegoat Konchesky, and brought on the pair that got us a point at Everton.

I swear some people will only look at the negatives...

Before you get your nickers in a twist, I wasn't critising the fact Pearson brought them pair on. It was the fact he took Kramaric and Mahrez off.

It's highly relevant as its all completely relative. We play against other Prem teams, the teams in the lower divisions play against other teams pitched at their level etc.

The stat is damning to anyone other than yet another bloody blue tinted bespectacled fan.

I remain amazed at how some people will go to any lengths to defend the indefensible.

Tonight, we looked ok. Over the season, we have looked abysmal.

I see you didn't address my point about us playing more of the bigger teams than teams around us, they have been equally as 'abysmal' over the season, and as I said before, will join us having that same stat you brandished in your post to their name within the next few weeks. The gulf in money and class in this league is bigger then any other league in the world. What happens in league one and two where all the teams are working with a penny to their name is completely irrelevant.

What is relevant now is us and the three other teams around us who are in as equally bad form as we are. We need to take each game as it comes and focus on 17th place, we have a decent goal difference and a game in hand. We also play the teams around us in the next few weeks. That is all that is relevant and that is why it still isn't over yet.

As for abysmal. I just think you have a different perspective to I. Our expectations for this season differ on such large scales I don't think we will ever agree.

I see you didn't address my point about us playing more of the bigger teams than teams around us, they have been equally as 'abysmal' over the season, and as I said before, will join us having that same stat you brandished in your post to their name within the next few weeks. The gulf in money and class in this league is bigger then any other league in the world. What happens in league one and two where all the teams are working with a penny to their name is completely irrelevant.

What is relevant now is us and the three other teams around us who are in as equally bad form as we are. We need to take each game as it comes and focus on 17th place, we have a decent goal difference and a game in hand. We also play the teams around us in the next few weeks. That is all that is relevant and that is why it still isn't over yet.

As for abysmal. I just think you have a different perspective to I. Our expectations for this season differ on such large scales I don't think we will ever agree.

Why is it about expectation?

Abysmal is Abysmal..or did you expect to be where we are? If so, why? You're meant to be an optimist!

lol

our game in hand is against chelsea ...

Yes I've just watched it Col, Lineker said we were offcially the unluckiest team ever in the top flight (word for word) and the panel all agreed we were robbed of two penalties.

The reactionary nonsense is based on the whole season, clearly not on tonight, do you really think we'd have a thread like this had we turned in that performance sat in 12th? Of course we wouldn't. We'd all be pulling in the same boat saying how good we were and how the Champions needed the referee to beat us.

That's football fans unfortunately, I hate to side with the rugby lot but in the main we are all reactionary, primitive, lower IQ folk who can barely see a past a scoreline come the final whistle.

Hence how our performances at Arsenal away are rated lower than our ones at Stoke away by our fanbase when we do them on - it's purely on results., not actual performance.

I'm pretty sure they're seeing past the scoreline, and looking at the other 26 games which see us bottom and 7 points adrift.

And neither do I think it's all that silly, having such a greater preference for a winning performance than for one which doesn't get the result we wanted.

A lot of criticism for tonight's game comes from the context it's placed in. 26 other games in which we've accumulated a miserable points total, against top sides and especially against weaker teams.

And these games are, of course, winnable. When we get relegated the three points we failed to win today will be as significant as the three we failed to pick up against QPR. Just like if we stay up the point against Arsenal will mean as much as the one against Burnley. Other sides, which we're going to need to massively outperform over the next few months, have been picking up points against the top teams. When we fail to do that, or fail to beat our closer rivals, the criticism is understandable.

Why is it about expectation?

Abysmal is Abysmal..or did you expect to be where we are? If so, why? You're meant I be an optimist!

lol

I am optimistic about survival, I expected us to be in a dog fight based on our squad in comparison to other teams in our league. We are in that dog fight now and still in contention. Obviously it is disappointing to see my team struggling to perform and compete at the top level, but I had no dissolutions of this being easy. It's a big step, we have a young hungry squad which is still in development. If we go down, that young hungry squad will bring us back up for another go.

Seeing us put together good passages of play and giving some of the top teams a game, has been a pleasurable experience this season. I honestly think our performances overall have been pretty good. I just hope we can keep a high tempo game going and beat the teams around us. It's going to be tough, it will go down to the last day. This is just like the play off season where we just nicked it off Bolton at the last minute. We can still do it.

Que Sara.

Just scanning through this thread people seem to think we should be dominating these kinds of games or something??? I thought we played very well restricting Man City to very few chances and should have nicked a goal but for poor refereeing. 

People basing our performance on how much possession we had in the game, go support the Tigers cos you clearly have no clue about football.

Just scanning through this thread people seem to think we should be dominating these kinds of games or something??? I thought we played very well restricting Man City to very few chances and should have nicked a goal but for poor refereeing. 

People basing our performance on how much possession we had in the game, go support the Tigers cos you clearly have no clue about football.

I don't think anybody us 'basing our performance' on the 39% stat - in isolation that would be ridiculous. But if you add it to the 2-shots-to-22 stat, or the 0-2 defeat stat, or the 18 points from 27 games stat, or the bottom of the table stat, or the no win in god knows how long stat then it gradually makes more and more sense.

Rob Madley should go ****ing kill himself, booking krammy for diving at spurs when it was a blatant peno and doesn't give two stonewallers tonight.

The amount of luck we're having is truly unbelievable, I know we've been shit in most games but nothing has gone for us in any game this season.

I'm convinced ref's have got it in for us since that man u game.

I don't think anybody us 'basing our performance' on the 39% stat - in isolation that would be ridiculous. But if you add it to the 2-shots-to-22 stat, or the 0-2 defeat stat, or the 18 points from 27 games stat, or the bottom of the table stat, or the no win in god knows how long stat then it gradually makes more and more sense.

Rather than just reeling off pointless stats, how about watching the game and giving an opinion on the actual football. Talking about tonight specifically all I want to say is that we played well against a side who are a completely different class, we caused them a lot of problems and deserved more from the game so I don't see how I can moan about anything from the team based on tonight's display. 

Felt sorry for Kramaric. Plays 60 mins on his own, then when we decide to give it half a go we sub him off.

Will he be with us in the Championship next season do you think?

Rather than just reeling off pointless stats, how about watching the game and giving an opinion on the actual football. Talking about tonight specifically all I want to say is that we played well against a side who are a completely different class, we caused them a lot of problems and deserved more from the game so I don't see how I can moan about anything from the team based on tonight's display. 

This is so typical of our season though. We "turn up" against the best teams in the league and yet go AWOL against also ran teams such as Villa, Stoke, WBA, Sunderland - while we're presently faring poorer than the two lesser teams who we came up with and who we were head and shoulders above last season  - even though they are the two who we are most likely now to be going back down with! Realistic, not pessimistic!

I keep seeing this idea creeping into some posts on the forum that Pearson is completely useless tactically. Some have even gone to the lengths of devaluing his influence in our promotion and anything good that has happened under him. Please can people stop doing this.

Now, tonight I thought it was odd to bring Kramaric and Mahrez off (especially the latter who was beginning to create chances and cause problems when he was hauled off). With that extra energy of Nugent and Vardy I thought Kramaric would have been ever so effective. Really frustrating.

Then again, what did everyone else expect. Not sure why I thought it wouldn't be another close but no cigar performance against a big side.

I've said my piece on the refereeing decisions in the referees thread. I don't know why people are happy to overlook them - they change games.

Saying that once again Pearson's made some blunders. The set up isn't terrible (I think it was about the only way we were going to avoid a battering tonight) but the substitutions were. Ulloa's the most consistently ineffective sub I have ever seen. Kramaric is a mile ahead of our forwards and even he struggles in this formation - what good is the fairly slow, not overly skillful Ulloa?

Why do we take off our two best attacking threats when behind?

The theme of this season is absolutely ridiculous. It's the same every single pissing time.

Tonight has unfortunately shot my confidence for the Hull game to pieces. I can take losing at Man City but I get the feeling Pearson's almost guessing with some of these substitutions and that's a very worrying sign.

This forum is so depressing.

We should have got something from the game, had the better chances and got into better positions in the first half. Second half we opened up more resulting in Man City having more chances, but we still arguably had the better chances; James 1 on 1 playing an awful pass instead of shooting, Mahrez hitting the post. All the pundits on the radio on the way back agreed that we deserved something from the game. Not seen replays yet but am certain the free kick should have been a peno, also the tackle on Schlupp looked stonewall peno to me. 

So frustrating coming back to read the usual posters posting their negative rubbish instead of praising the team for their performance - yes we've been poor in a lot of games this season, but Villa aside we haven't been poor in any games for 2 months now. Can't see what people get out of being negative all the time. Look on the positive side - the majority of our remaining games look winnable on paper - 7 at home including games against numerous teams who have nothing to play for. If we put in the same sort of performances that we've been giving recently, there's no reason why we cannot win a large percentage of the remaining home games + the remaining away games don't look too bad.

This forum is so depressing.

We should have got something from the game, had the better chances and got into better positions in the first half. Second half we opened up more resulting in Man City having more chances, but we still arguably had the better chances; James 1 on 1 playing an awful pass instead of shooting, Mahrez hitting the post. All the pundits on the radio on the way back agreed that we deserved something from the game. Not seen replays yet but am certain the free kick should have been a peno, also the tackle on Schlupp looked stonewall peno to me. 

So frustrating coming back to read the usual posters posting their negative rubbish instead of praising the team for their performance - yes we've been poor in a lot of games this season, but Villa aside we haven't been poor in any games for 2 months now. Can't see what people get out of being negative all the time. Look on the positive side - the majority of our remaining games look winnable on paper - 7 at home including games against numerous teams who have nothing to play for. If we put in the same sort of performances that we've been giving recently, there's no reason why we cannot win a large percentage of the remaining home games + the remaining away games don't look too bad.

Look mate,we are crap and we aint going to change  the losing mentality that has led to us achieving a misely 10 points only since that MANu game.

Yes on paper we could win ALL our remaining games.

BUT we aint,and we aint going to win the majority of the so called winnable games either.

Sure we can have hope until that R is next to our name in the table but hope is all we got cos we aint really got achance in hell.

We could spend all day about this and that and ifs and buts but look at the table and the form guide and thats all you need to know.

Very boring game to watch - I think the AFCON final had quicker play.

Set up to frustrate, I get that, and for 45 minutes it worked pretty well, some dodgy decisions, but if not for Man City's overestimation of our bus parking abilities, they could've scored quite a few. We look useless facing a team on the break, and their first goal was just utter deflation, typical boring predictable bolux - it just had to happen on the stroke of half time, I do think if we had held on and coped to the 60th, we would've had a real chance (the blame on Schlupp for the goal is just uncalled for, he was in an attacking position not where Upson/Huth/Morgan were positioned.)

I think it's pointless using referee decisions as an excuse, although it is frustrating, the result was fair. Can't expect anything from Manchester City, they were far superior all over the pitch tonight - completely dominated throughout, and never really looked in trouble of dropping a few points. Just got to wipe it off and work for Hull.

Not much to say really, we didn't have much of the ball and when we did, we didn't do much with it. That DID highlight Schwarzer's actual goalkeeping ability though, I thought he had his best game for us so far. It also highlighted the unimportance to play a flat back 5 when the same outcome is happening (going a goal down) For me, we have to put 5 in midfield, and when defending drop that guy where Upson/Morgan/Huth would be running out to, out of their position anyway. 

Pellegrini saw sense in dropping his captain - he showed how it's done, pretty easy really just don't put his name on the team sheet, i'd like to see Pearson do the same for the visit of Hull.

As a side note, I don't want to pick on players for their recent performances because we've has some very tough games and overall played okay, but Leonardo Ulloa has been our most ineffective player for months now, and bringing him on as a sub does absolutely nothing to the team, i'd much rather start with Ulloa and then bring on Kramaric if Pearson's planning to 'change things around' when we're inevitably 1 - 0  down with a flat back 5 in our next few games. 

Big fan of Pearson, but I just can't get my head around this formation and playing negativity, to restrain our 3 BEST attacking strengths when we finally have a chance to push on, it just can't keep happening. I think Pearson has to do a Pellegrini and 'refresh' the side for the visit of Hull, drop the 5 - 4 - 1 and get Wasyl back in the side - I honestly think this is Pearson's chance to turn things around.

Archived