Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

Is the quality in this division actually that good?

I can't remember a single goal scored against us that I'd say was a class effort.

I think the division was much stronger under MON than it is now.  It nearly always took something decent to break us down.  Now, we just concede comedy goals, none of which I would consider decent strikes, build ups, whatever.

Interesting that the ref outright doing us is the managers fault. Also interesting going to the league champions, playing well, defending brilliantly and being a tad unlucky is completely unacceptable and brings shame to the club. Very interesting.

Interesting you ignore the fact we had 2 shots (one from a free kick and one deflected), barely had the ball, have won 4 games all season and continue to pick dickheads who cost us games.

Oh, and we're 7 points adrift of 17th. I'm really, really not interested in hearing how we were unlucky and robbed tonight. We can't keep trotting out that excuse every time we don't win.

When we go down I prey to god we sack the idiot. He has lost it completely. He doesn't deserve another chance next year. He has had a good chance this season to do something and has failed miserably. No one expected us to be challenging for the top half but we have been useless this season. 4 wins  is a complete embarrassment.

Allowed Kramaric to run himself into the ground then puts on 2 supporting players.

Puts on Ulloa and takes off the last winger.

Continues to play Morgan.

The sooner he's gone the better.

Never thought I would agree with the pearson out lot but it's just so frustrating to see the same players who Fook up week in week out that still keep they're place and he never plays the players who have quality one for eg Albrighton !!

I'm proud of the the teams performance and embarrassed by the manager.

I admire your patience and loyalty.... Personally I'd sack someone who is blatantly not good enough, not stick with him hoping he learns how to do his job.

A potential manager looking at Leicester City sees a prettty decent Championship club. Pearson is perfectly well equipped for that, we're not going to get a proven Premier League manager now or in the summer. We're just not.

Wouldn't be allowed or deemed acceptable in literally any other job.

Of course it would, generally people aren't put under the same level of scrutiny. I'm pretty sure someone who's done five or six good years of work for a company can get away with one bad one.

Edit: Although as a student who's never worked in his life I may not be overally qualified.

4. We can 'park the bus' with the best of them - Mourinio would be proud of us :)

I'm not sure you know what that means.

It means we defended pretty well tonight and had 10 men behind the ball for the majority of the game.

We frustrated the champions and didn't get hammered by them.

Mourinio has a reputation for 'parking the bus' in big away games and gets lauded for it - that's why he would have been proud of our effort tonight.

We were never going to win the game so it was damage limitation tonight.

It's all about winning the games against those around us.

Got a problem with any of that 'Merging Cultures?'

Interesting you ignore the fact we had 2 shots (one from a free kick and one deflected), barely had the ball, have won 4 games all season and continue to pick dickheads who cost us games.

Oh, and we're 7 points adrift of 17th. I'm really, really not interested in hearing how we were unlucky and robbed tonight. We can't keep trotting out that excuse every time we don't win.

I'm Simon Cowell, and this 2000%

Yeah and we beat Manchester United. Something neither of those teams have done. What's your point?

Its not some impenetrable fortress. Our rivals have taken more points there and have taken more points over the course of the season.

There was no positives to take. We lost. Again. It's shit and I'm sick of it and sick of the manager

Is the quality in this division actually that good?

I can't remember a single goal scored against us that I'd say was a class effort.

I think the division was much stronger under MON than it is now.  It nearly always took something decent to break us down.  Now, we just concede comedy goals, none of which I would consider decent strikes, build ups, whatever.

The problem is we can't win the games we need to, as we did consistently under O'Neill.

Anyone defending those substitutions is WRONG.

I just don't understand people dissing the subs. The players he replaced had done enough to keep us in the game. He chucked on two pacey strikers to open up the game and it did exactly that. Had Nugent finished that chance, or James picked out the right ball when 3 on 3 or Huth not fouled from the corner where nuge was about to shoot or vardy had not been fouled when he had his shot from the edge of the box. Oh but the subs were crazy and we created nothing after Mahrez (he who can do no wrong) went off.

He then added another striker to mix and threw the kitchen sink at it. Why not? We don't have anything to lose at this point do we? Just give it a rest with all your Pearson bashing. We just need to face up to the fact that we just don't have the quality to compete against these higher sides. Which is not surprising really considering the gulf in spending power. We gave the league champions a run for their money and we take confidence from that into our next ten games where we NEED to turn performances into results.

We have lost no ground yet again anyway, so we just continue the day as we started.

When we go down I prey to god we sack the idiot. He has lost it completely. He doesn't deserve another chance next year. He has had a good chance this season to do something and has failed miserably. No one expected us to be challenging for the top half but we have been useless this season. 4 wins is a complete embarrassment.

I don't know if it's his persona, but I thought tonight he just looked like a man that knows we are down, and didn't look overly bothered, even though he will give it the usual, fine margins crap

Guest bss9401

We did great to restrict a stuttering MC to 0-2, 22 shots and 69% possession. Same old story, a small amount of pride maintained in a regulation 0-2 defeat. 1-3 would have been a fairer reflection.

No, sorry, he's actually gone backwards tactically this season. Just look how we started the season and look at us now.

Taking off Kramaric is possibly a new low.

He just pisses me off week after week with inexplicable decisions.

Our start to the season was down to a lot more than Pearson's tactics. There was a much better atmosphere around the place and I'm sure that includes the morale of the players. Combine that with the fitness and bedding in issues a lot of the better sides we did well against at the start of the season faced and the picture is a bit more clear. We were dreadful in that run of defeats after United, and since then the tactical decisions and quality of play has improved, it's not fantastic (and the lack of quality in the squad has played a pretty significant role in that), but it has improved.

Did you watch the match? At least 2 of his saves were world class pal.

Yes I watched the match. He made a couple of solid saves but I wouldn't describe any of them as world class, just saves you'd expect from any premier league goalkeeper, nothing special at all.

I watched the game, not listened to it on the radio, and fail to understand the vitriol towards Wes morgan? better than upson but worse than huth, who is awesome.

Meanwhile Wasyl dropped for the rest of the season. Unreal.

Its not some impenetrable fortress. Our rivals have taken more points there and have taken more points over the course of the season.

There was no positives to take. We lost. Again. It's shit and I'm sick of it and sick of the manager

Yeah but on the same note, we got 3 points against Manchester United, something that neither Hull or Burnley did. We've taken more points against Manchester United than them whereas they have taken more against Manchester City. So you have no point.

Any team can beat any other on a given day, however the odds are that if we played Manchester City 100 times more often than not they will beat us. That's the reality and that's the facts. We still have enough winnable games against teams around us that will determine whether or not we avoid relegation. If we lose to Hull then it's very unlikely but until it's mathmatically impossible, nothing is guaranteed. 

Archived