Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2016

Anyone see the West Indies vs Zimbabwe U19's earlier?

Deplorable way to win the match.

Absolutely appalling, I would have been ashamed if one of my players had done that.

I have no problem with "mankading" if a warning has been given and it's quite clear that a batsman is trying to gain an unfair advantage, this was total deceit from the bowler, batsman is still in his crease when his abandons his natural action to attempt to run the batsman out, he's still comfortably in his crease in fact at that time, it was pure chancing and he got lucky, if that's fair game we'll be seeing this tried 100 times an innings in a one day match.

I don't remember him stopping to warn him either and watching it again I'm still not convinced it's actually out, so touch and go.

The bowler didn't give a warning which made it even worse. Really annoyed me the way the whole team was celebrating afterwards - I'd be embarrassed if I won like that.

I was surprised the Zimbabweans managed to contain themselves, think I would have had my team confronting the opposition on the pitch afterwards asking for an explanantion, you could almost tell by the OTT reactions they knew what they did wasn't right.

Did you see the West Indies coach? He knew it was totally wrong, refused to even celebrate.

Yeah, he wasn't impressed at all. I can't imagine some of the West Indies legends of yesteryear were impressed either. The coach could do with showing his team the West Indies vs Pakistan match in the '87 World Cup when Walsh had the opportunity to mankad to Pakistani number 11 with the last ball of the match to win, but warned him and they subsequently lost.

There may be a way to amend the rules so if a batsman is still in his crease at the time of the bowling action commencing he's not out whatever the bowler does. That could stop what happened today going on in the future.

There may be a way to amend the rules so if a batsman is still in his crease at the time of the bowling action commencing he's not out whatever the bowler does. That could stop what happened today going on in the future.

The problem with that is that you will get people setting off earlier and earlier, they will, like any sportsman, take advantage of any rule going. One option is to allow the bowling side to appeal any runs made with the non striker out of the crease at the point of release, or at the start of the bowling action or whenever you decide to define it. If caught you lose those runs and get a warning. 2/3 warnings and you are out. The problem is the infringement of stealing a yard is nothing compared to the cost of losing a wicket, most times it comes to nothing whereas wickets win games and I don't want to see Mankadding becoming a common practice in cricket.

The West Indies vs Zimbabwe U19's  incident is clearly a disgrace but cricket is getting more and more like this with the money and prestige involved you are more likely to see this happen in the bigger matches where everything is on the line.

That is why Buttler is so vital, potentially difficult last few overs but a hits of a couple of huge overs and we win comfortably. We look a good side in different facets of the game now, going to Pakistan and South Africa and winning series (obviously not just yet) is excellent.

De Kock really is some player, can't believe how young he is for the things he can do.

Root could have some competition for best batsman in the World in a few years.

Great effort by SA, but our bowling attack look like they could do with a few brain cells.

Constantly bowling to a batmens strengths seemed a strange tactic to me. Amla is not the best, but we made him look like a cricketing Messi.

This is no knee-jerk reaction...Somebody has to get hold of Topley..

He started the 1 dayers with a big mouth...when you have a big mouth

you have to deliver...In the short versions of the game, he has cost us,

because he cant take the stress or pressure.....

No... its a shame, poor poor from Topley.If he was Australian, his teammates

would now be giving him an hard time, and telling him.But also saying, now

go out and win the last game, you owe us..

If he hadnt given that stupid interview, I wouldnt say anything.

Archived