Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2016

Teams with a team based around fast bowlers are going to go for big scores. Probably wouldn't have chased that down against anyone other than SA.

Fantastic to win though and should give massive confidence. Who is the other spin option in the squad?

Teams with a team based around fast bowlers are going to go for big scores. Probably wouldn't have chased that down against anyone other than SA.

Fantastic to win though and should give massive confidence. Who is the other spin option in the squad?

Liam Dawson is slow left arm but quite inexperienced but I doubt he would be a worse choice than Jordan and possibly Topley. I think Plunkett might get the nod at some stage

In hindsight we got away with that one through some great batting, primarily by Root but the attitude of the batsmen was good throughout.

We suffered from some inept bowling - as a minimum a bowler bust be able to control the ball, spraying it all over the park is not a formula for success.  Time to bring in a couple of new faces to see if they can step up to the mark.

We should do.

Shocking start here, anyone just see what Morgan did?

Got a bad feeling about this already.

I saw it, what was he thinking?  And it just got worse, someone needs to build an innings now and give our bowlers something to work with.

Guest MattP

The pitch isn't even doing much, complete lack of mental application.

Almost get the feeling they were thinking run rate before winning the match.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I thought the same as whoever it was that said we should bowl first, see what we need to chase, Afghanistan are an unknown quantity and we don't know how the pitch is going to play. Put the pressure on them to set the tone and see how they cope.

We've right royally screwed this one up, the batsman dug the bowlers out of a mess last match lets see if the bowlers can return the favour, first with the bat, then with the ball.

Guest MattP

I think that total will be enough in the end, 35 off the last two over was a super effort in the circumstances.

All about Mohammed Shazhad really, if we get him early they should fold, if he gets on one they'll probably win.

Ali has given us a great chance here.Good batting that,steadied the fall of wickets ,grabbed singles allowing him and Willey to score at the end.

Could be important with the ball,hope Rashid gets In On the act he bowled well at the Big Bash in Australia.

Archived