Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

1 minute ago, Firegrande said:

This is scary! So, if she happens to make a wrong decision and put our country at risk, she won't be held accountable because she's not sworn in to her position as part of our government. God help us!

Which person are you referring to?

Why is it seen as a negative? Because it is nepotism, in the clearest definition of the word. And the laws against it, at least for now. Before you pounce, consider why these laws exist in the first place, please. 
I see her as the least worrisome of them all, truth be told. But that does not, and certainly should not, excuse her from operating within the framework of the laws. Law and order, right? It begins at the top (or certainly should).

23 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I can't even work out the narrative of this thread this morning and who's on about what and to whom.

It's a  tactic to try to deflect your attention away from the truth. He may be working for Trump.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ross-Kemp said:

@Firegrande is superb. Having a conversation with himself. Despite several replies questioning him, he ignores everyone and soldiers on lollollol 

It was relatively funny first time he did it, and when he claimed he'd done it due to being pissed on rum I think we all gave him the benefit of the doubt, even though he'd written every post without a single error.

Now it's just annoying, and the rum thing was clearly bollocks as he was posting normally in other threads. Just attention seeking, which is pretty sad on an internet forum full of people you don't know.

Yeah, space exploration does seem to fall into the old white man greatness era of the 60's with generic conventions of military expansions, Russian dick measuring contests and conquering stuff.

I don't really measure greatness in those kind of terms - I think greatness would be more along the lines of equality and healthcare provision both at home and abroad.....

The damage that this idiot is doing to America will take a long time to repair. Does he produce a list of crimes committed by other religions/nationalities or Americans for that matter - no he does not. If he has done this amount of damage in the first few months, just think what he can do in four years...

14 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, space exploration does seem to fall into the old white man greatness era of the 60's with generic conventions of military expansions, Russian dick measuring contests and conquering stuff.

I don't really measure greatness in those kind of terms - I think greatness would be more along the lines of equality and healthcare provision both at home and abroad.....

Yeah, the old days of space exploration were all Cold War dick size contests, no disagreement there.

However it's been said before and I'm going to say it again - that shouldn't take away from the necessity of space exploration in the future for the right reasons. We don't get going out there, eventually something will happen here that will make sure we can't. Ever.

Edit: And that's not to mention the return on investment the money-grubbers can look at from investing in space exploration and the new tech that gets developed to be applied in it.

Edited by leicsmac

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/trump-signs-bill-authorizing-nasa-funding-mars-exploration-46278588?cid=social_fb_abcn

Well, one thing that the Repubs often do well is take space exploration seriously. This only really amounts to a ring-fencing of funding rather than much of an increase, but the ambition is good.

America's greatest ever space accomplishment was conceived by a Democratic President (Man on the Moon - John F Kennedy)

23 minutes ago, China Black said:

America's greatest ever space accomplishment was conceived by a Democratic President (Man on the Moon - John F Kennedy)

Absolutely. And it was then carried on and made real in the Presidency of a Republican - the Crook himself, too.

As far as I'm concerned it's not a party political issue. The Earth isn't going to wait for the right person in the White House before it chooses to challenge us in some way. (That of course not being the only threat.)

16 hours ago, China Black said:

Weren't NASA and Wehrner von Braun working on rocketry and space exploration for years and years before that, getting gradually closer and closer, heading in that direction anyway, so it was the next logical step in the space race? I wouldn't say it was conceived by him or that it wouldn't have occurred without him. He does need credit for taking it to congress and convincing them, though I'd imagine a large part of that was down to perceiving the USSR as being further ahead than them.