Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mease

Support or Silence ? - The Owners need us.

As our club and owners are being torn to shreds by the hyenas that is the gutter press, I fear we may not give our owners the support that they really deserve.

After what has been a painful decision made with the thought of the best interests of our football club (regardless if you agree).

For some of those up in arms about the sacking of CR and that we have disrespected him take time to think about the respect for people who 'actually' made this happen, people who have invested in our club and community, or is there some metephorical indigestion from the free pints and donuts.

It would be truly heartbreaking if the relationship of the fan and the owners broke down, let's get some perspective and show support right now.

vichai wrote something in his IG posting which was important. He talked about re investing all the money back into the club. If that's their intention then they deserve our support - whatever decisions they make are made with the best intentions and we should be behind them. We are not privy to what has gone on so cannot make an informed judgement in any case. 

Get behind the players and get behind the club. Otherwise Claudio's departure is all for nothing which would make it ten times worse.

Ultimately, without the owners we'd never have won the Premier League last season. I'll sing Claudio's name when the chant comes up as he is firmly a legend of our club now. But we have to respect the owners and support the lads on the pitch, as well as Shakespeare - otherwise why are you going ?

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

If you protest you're a fan of Claudio not the club.

Simple as. You can disagree with the decision, but if you actively boo or turn against the owners, then you aren't a fan of Leicester city.

Bit of a strange attitude. The club is the fans, not the owners. If the owners make decisions that the fans disagree with, they have every right to protest.

By the way, I'm not advocating protesting the sacking of CR. I'm disappointed but not surprised by it. But it's Leicester City FC, not King Power FC.

I would like to think nobody would boo the players or the owners but i hope Ranieri's name is chanted often as a sign of appreciation and support for what he achieved with us.

At the same time, support needs to be given for our current manager, shakey.

All the years here, we haven't had a chant for them, to show appreciation, I know the last name is hard, but we need one for Monday, to show support for them.

People need to remember without them, they wouldn't have been a Claudio here, a title win, financial security, we would still be floating at the lower end of the championship 

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I would like to think nobody would boo the players or the owners but i hope Ranieri's name is chanted often as a sign of appreciation and support for what he achieved with us.

At the same time, support needs to be given for our current manager, shakey.

Why? He's been shown barrels of appreciation,

Lets move on

My Mum is doing the protest March prior to the game tomorrow  ! More out of sentiment than anything else though, I'm sure she'll change her mind once she sees the weather.

I'll be at the match, with my brother willing on the team. We're being scrutinised by the footballing world right now and need full-support for this game like never before.

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Bit of a strange attitude. The club is the fans, not the owners. If the owners make decisions that the fans disagree with, they have every right to protest.

By the way, I'm not advocating protesting the sacking of CR. I'm disappointed but not surprised by it. But it's Leicester City FC, not King Power FC.

My wording may have been slightly off, but the point I was trying to make is that the owners have wholeheartedly commited to investing into the club to get it to where it is today. They're acting in what they believe are the best interests for the club, and they believe the right decision was to sack Ranieri to ensure premier league survival.

I think with perspective, any true fan would see that they've earnt the support of the fans to trust their decision making.

By actively protesting I believe that an individual would be effectively choosing ranieris best interests, over the best interests of the club, by going against the will of the club/owners.

Anyway, by protesting it's only going to have a negative impact on the clubs survival chances.

TLDR: If you don't agree with the decision, swallow your pride and get behind the club and team for the relegation fight.

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

My wording may have been slightly off, but the point I was trying to make is that the owners have wholeheartedly commited to investing into the club to get it to where it is today. They're acting in what they believe are the best interests for the club, and they believe the right decision was to sack Ranieri to ensure premier league survival.

I think with perspective, any true fan would see that they've earnt the support of the fans to trust their decision making.

By actively protesting I believe that an individual would be effectively choosing ranieris best interests, over the best interests of the club, by going against the will of the club/owners.

Anyway, by protesting it's only going to have a negative impact on the clubs survival chances.

TLDR: If you don't agree with the decision, swallow your pride and get behind the club and team for the relegation fight.

Not necessarily. Maybe they believe that it was a bad decision that will harm the club in the long run. In which case they can make their feelings felt. We've sung "____ out" plenty of times in the past, so why's that any different?

Like I said I'm not advocating protesting against the owners. But there might be a time in the future I feel it's necessary. Yes they have the best interests of the club at heart but they've been pretty lucky with their decisions in these 6 years. They should be held accountable in the same way as the manager and players.

Our Owners must given total support by us all.  This should be shown on Monday evening.  They have done what is correct for the future of this Club.  They can easily sell up and walk away, do they need this crap from UK Media and fans of other Clubs - of course not.  They love the Club, but are also clever business people.  Getting the balance correct is very difficult. They have, in my opinion, achieved this by reluctantly sacking Claudio.  It is just a great great shame, CR could not have accepted that the situation was spiralling out of his control, this after having tried anything in his locker.

Thank you Owners.  You are probably the best around.

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

Not necessarily. Maybe they believe that it was a bad decision that will harm the club in the long run. In which case they can make their feelings felt. We've sung "____ out" plenty of times in the past, so why's that any different?

Like I said I'm not advocating protesting against the owners. But there might be a time in the future I feel it's necessary. Yes they have the best interests of the club at heart but they've been pretty lucky with their decisions in these 6 years. They should be held accountable in the same way as the manager and players.

You make good points, and I agree under different circumstances there may be a time that you don't support the owners, but in our current circumstances I believe they should have our full support.

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

You make good points, and I agree under different circumstances there may be a time that you don't support the owners, but in our current circumstances I believe they should have our full support.

Fair enough. Your original post "if you actively boo or turn against the owners, then you aren't a fan of Leicester city" is what I completely disagree with.

Archived