Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mortified Penguin

Union FS tifo display

Could be very tastefully done as a thank you/welcome combo which would be nice.

I'm a bit dubious the tifo format would lend itself to any decent length of legible text though, which this would surely require. Remember that horrible Watford effort?:

CEFurQ_XIAA0rNv.jpg

Took me ages to even realise it was text when I first saw it.  If you're having difficulty reading it, it says

going up

.  Horrendous stuff.

I was a big fan of Pearson but he wasn't ever really concerned about what we thought. I don't think he'd be bothered by a thank you, to be honest.

Agree with this. Think it would be a big waste of time, money and effort. Let's take comfort in the fact NP is sat at home with his feet up counting his millions.

I was a big fan of Pearson but he wasn't ever really concerned about what we thought. I don't think he'd be bothered by a thank you, to be honest.

I agree aswell. Im sure Pearson will be sipping a sex on the beach, on a beach somewhere, on his own. More to the point, I bet he couldn't be happier and we are just a memory. Thanks Nigel, but lets move on and not waste a Tifo on dragging up the past.

Guest MattP

A waste of time? A tifo tribute to Pearson would be fantastic.

A "Thank you Nigel" with some sort of "Welcome Claudio" would be terrific and show our fans in a fantastic light.

Guest CityFan 06

Personally think a 'Welcome Claudio' would be great to have as a tifo display. I think it's key all the supporters are right behind the new man from the off.

a classily done passing of the baton kinda thing between the two would be sick. probably impossible to actually put into practice though.

looking forward to whatever/whenever the next display is anyway.

I love the Pearson/Claudio idea.

Only issue is, I assume the club has to pass the design, maybe they'll be funny about it if the owners relationship with Nige did end badly.

I hope not of course. Just a thought.

Nope, time to let it go. 

This for me.

Sorry, I don't like the idea of a 'split' thank you/welcome design - however classy it is.

Not sure NP would be that arsed anyway. What's the benefit to the team/CR in publicly saying thank you to NP exactly?

Would rather a 100% effort went into getting behind the new regime and getting the 3 points.

• Like 1

This for me.

Sorry, I don't like the idea of a 'split' thank you/welcome design - however classy it is.

Not sure NP would be that arsed anyway. What's the benefit to the team/CR in publicly saying thank you to NP exactly?

Would rather a 100% effort went into getting behind the new regime and getting the 3 points.

You've posted this like 3 times already, we get the message that you didn't and still don't like or appreciate what NP did. Can't see the harm in a tifo half thanking Pearson and half welcoming Ranieri?

This for me.

You've posted this like 3 times already, we get the message that you didn't and still don't like or appreciate what NP did. Can't see the harm in a tifo half thanking Pearson and half welcoming Ranieri?

Think you've got me mixed up with someone else mate.

Certainly never said I don't like or appreciate what NP did - far from it. Please don't miss quote me.

Just don't like the idea of thanking him on a TIFO that's all.

Hi all,

Appreciate the comments and ideas! Unfortunately the majority of the materials for the configuration of the Sunderland display were ordered prior to the dismissal of Nigel at the end of June so we will have to go with what we've got, which we are pretty confident will be up there with the best these shores have seen.

That said, whilst the design does not specifically make reference to either Nigel or Claudio, it does in part point to a new season and new era.

We are still looking for donations to cover the costs for this display and to start the collection for the next one. If you are interested in contributing, you can donate in one of the following three ways:

- Direct PayPal donation to [email protected], by using the 'transferring to family and friends' option.

- Direct bank transfer. Contact us at [email protected] (please note different e-mail to the PayPal transfer) for bank details

- Debit or Credit Card by clicking the 'Donate' button on our homepage - www.unionfs.co.uk.

All those making donations of over £1 will be provided with a Union FS membership card should they wish to receive one and become a member. These can be collected at any home game (from the Spurs game onwards) from the windows of Sub Ticket Office 2 (by SK1). Membership will last for the course of the 2015/16 season.

Thank you for your continued support,

Union FS

Nope, time to let it go. 

All it is is a polite thank you. It clearly isn't a beg to come back so I don't see how one could accuse people of being unable to let it go.

I think you just want to sweep Pearson's achievements under the carpet. You don't want him to be recognised which is why you're against making a small nod to him.

It`s not about not wanting to recognise anything Pearson done here, it`s about getting behind the new manager, and the team, at the start of a new season.

I really don`t see how singing for Nigel Pearson, or waveing a flag of thanks for Nigel Pearson, is helpfull to the new manager, or the players.

Pearson is a part of our history, the same as all our other past managers and players are, and will be remembered and talked about in years to come, some for the good, and some for the bad, but ultimately they, and Pearson are our history, and it`s time to move on, and get behind the club!

Besides which, any songs or flags in support of Pearson is basically sticking two fingers up at our owners, which i think is disrespectfull.

What's being suggested is that we make a public thank you. The fact people want a "welcome Ranieri" pretty conclusively shows the fans aren't attacking the new set up. All the stuff you've wrote about 'two fingers up to the owners', 'attacking Ranieri' is just what you've added on yourself.

If it were exclusively pro-Pearson stuff I might sympathise with your view. But it's not, so I don't.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

I think pictures speak a thousand words when it comes to Tifos. As soon as you start including words within the display, it just becomes difficult to work out what the hell it is. Look at the clubs pathetic #Fearless display. Just looked an unreadable mess. The foxes head on the other hand was clear and there was certainly no confusion.

• Like 3

Hi all,

Appreciate the comments and ideas! Unfortunately the majority of the materials for the configuration of the Sunderland display were ordered prior to the dismissal of Nigel at the end of June so we will have to go with what we've got, which we are pretty confident will be up there with the best these shores have seen.

That said, whilst the design does not specifically make reference to either Nigel or Claudio, it does in part point to a new season and new era.

We are still looking for donations to cover the costs for this display and to start the collection for the next one. If you are interested in contributing, you can donate in one of the following three ways:

- Direct PayPal donation to [email protected], by using the 'transferring to family and friends' option.

- Direct bank transfer. Contact us at [email protected] (please note different e-mail to the PayPal transfer) for bank details

- Debit or Credit Card by clicking the 'Donate' button on our homepage - www.unionfs.co.uk.

All those making donations of over £1 will be provided with a Union FS membership card should they wish to receive one and become a member. These can be collected at any home game (from the Spurs game onwards) from the windows of Sub Ticket Office 2 (by SK1). Membership will last for the course of the 2015/16 season.

Thank you for your continued support,

Union FS

Whilst obviously I understand it costs and the effort it must take to organise are far be it for me to direct you about, but just as an idea and suggestion could you not use this one at a later date - few weeks after the season has started, and get a Thanks Nige/Welcome Claudio one in for the first game.

As I said just an idea/suggestion and respect your efforts.

Edited by Matt

Whilst obviously I understand it costs and the effort it must take to organise are far be it for me to direct you about, but just as an idea and suggestion could you not use this one at a later date - few weeks after the season has started, and get a Thanks Nige/Welcome Claudio one in for the first game.

As I said just an idea/suggestion and respect your efforts.

Dont think you appreciate the effort that goes into one of these mate. Having designed it, raised the money, ordered it from Poland, you now think ufs can just do it all again in 3 weeks, and store the planned one for a better occassion? No disrespect to you, but I know first hand how hard these lads work to put a tifo on. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Whatever they come up with, lets be grateful we have fans like this to make us - almost - unique in the PL.

• Like 3