Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mortified Penguin

Union FS tifo display

Gets a mention in an article on the OS:

Two-goal hero Leo Ulloa admitted that he was blown away by the Leicester City fans during the team’s 3-0 Barclays Premier League win over Newcastle United on Saturday.

The Argentine scored either side of a Wes Morgan goal to take his tally to 12 for the season and keep the Foxes’ hopes of retaining their top-flight status for next season well and truly alive.

It was perhaps one of City’s most complete performances of the campaign, and another partisan King Power Stadium crowd, which included a spectacular Kop mosaic courtesy of supporter group Union FS, undoubtedly inspired the players.

“I think the fans, they are amazing,” Ulloa told Foxes Player. “I would like to say thank you to them because they are fantastic and always supporting us. They are vital for us and I hope in the next game they stay the same, because they are so important to us.”

The huge noise that greeted the players clearly worked, as within 38 seconds of Newcastle’s kick-off, Ulloa had headed City ahead following a beautifully delivered Marc Albrighton corner.

He said: “I think it was a difficult game, but it’s important that you can start well and after one minute we got a goal.

“The delivery was perfect. I went in front of the player and headed the ball. I didn’t actually see the ball go in, I just saw afterwards that the goalkeeper was on the floor. But it’s important that we got the goal early because the team got lots of confidence and could play the fixture with an element of calmness.

"The result is more important for us. We needed the three points and now we can focus on the next game."

Just like his own performance, the energy and running involved in strike partner Jamie Vardy’s display against the Magpies has drawn widespread plaudits, and Ulloa was inclined to agree.

He added: “I always want strikers to score because it’s an important feeling. Jamie played a great game and could have scored, but he played really well for me and for the team. He is important for us, but so are all the players.

“I don’t know if it’s our best game of the season, but I think we played well and with good intensity. This game was like a final for us and it’s important that we saw it that way, because we have another three coming up. They are the same. It’s not the end of the season yet, so the next games are so important.”

Edited by Leicester Lass

Maybe there's a way the club could support Union FS along with fans donations to do more displays, donations from fans is a great idea £1 from 600 fans could be achieved

Edited by zak_lcfc

Our documentation of Saturday's tifo. Thank you for all your comments and offers for future support - it is much appreciated and more details will appear soon!

We hope you enjoyed it (and this video) as much as we did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJtrCyxKbu0

Union FS

This was an amazing display and thanks to all the Union FS folk! Great video as well, makes you proud to be a leicester fan.

Now how about a Cambiasso TIFO for the QPR game..in what could be his last game for us ?!?!

Edited by Pinfox
  • Like 1

Well done to all involved. Not sure what Union FS think but in a way I prefer that it is fan funded and not financially supported by the club. Gives it that little bit more, otherwise it would have been too easy to associate with the clubs display.

Also think it is important not to have this every game should we stay up. Whilst the reaction on here is all very positive the Kop has a broad age range and it would be a shame if a few who became bored / disinterested ruined a display.

Just some thoughts, but all in all a fantastic achievement. 

I was skeptical at first, not of the display, but of the uptake from some of the older members of the Kop. How (gladly) wrong I was, a great effort. Also thought Birch had asked for things to be held up too early and people would lose interest, but everyone kept it going, it was fantastic.

Great the see the pictures coming through and what a display. The foil finish makes it look so much better than a carboard alternative, and for the whole thing to cost £600 too, a stunning effort all round from sourcing the supplier to implementation and distribition on the day. Also great with the owners present.

Agree with those RE: every game. I guess the only reason clappers etc aren't wearing thin right now is because it's so important the crowd get behind the team at this stage, not sure West Brom on a cold Saturday in November would be as good. Retain that fresh feel and every time it'll be brilliant.

Also agree about funding. As much as I'd like the club to contribute to the initiative their co-operation in letting this happen will be enough. The interest from this will hopefully increase donations to the point where it's not financially dependent on a small range. No club funding would also give 100% creative control to UFS (though I realise the club would likely have to approve a design if it was changed from what we had on Saturday.)

All in all it looked superb and a great effort by everyone.

• Like 1

Looked brilliant, my son loved it. I would definitely be prepared to donate a few quid a month or whatever for more of these.

Can't really help with setting up as I tend to coach my son's team on a Saturday morning but if I can contribute financially, I will.

Edited by stripeyfox

A Cambiasso tifo for the for the QPR game. Wow I loves the idea

He's magic you know along the top and then a picture of him underneath. All in blue and white.

Would be amazing

That's a very difficult considering that we could just about got a fox up there, however take away the picture and put HE'S MAGIC YOU KNOW in the Kop it would be a great effort.