Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goober

Newcastle Pre-Match

This has got 0-1 written all over it.

In all seriousness they are utter tripe, utter, utter tripe and we should pick up our biggest win of the season here for me. 3-0 win, regardless of what happens v Chelsea.

Yes I lied.

Will be having a punt on Newcastle at 3/1 to soften the blow if we do fcuk up somehow

That's some price really.

Disagree. We don't have to win it. I suggest if in the next three games we go draw, draw, win, in that order, we stay up.

It's about momentum. We need to beat the team with the worst form in the division. To keep up our confidence and to bring them further into it.

Crucial we win this game IMO.

Well here's an idea, stop being so negative. Negativity won't get us anywhere, the lads will be fine for Saturday they're professional football players and fatigue is part and parcel of the job. It's not going to help we all turn up on Saturday quivering at the prospect of playing Newcastle, we've got to go prepared to back the lads like we have been doing, do that and that will give them the adrenalin shot they need.

We know enough about this team to know that it doesn't lay down for people, thats what got us into this league in the first place, we dust ourselves down, forget Chelsea becasue it was Chelsea, and get ourselves ready for Saturday. So quit with the negativity and start thinking positively.

You can't jump out of a plane without a parachute, we're the parachute lads and we've got to keep going with the lads, together we will survive.

Hopefully we'll be able to field;

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Huth

Schlupp

Cambiasso

King

Albrighton

Nugent

Vardy

Ulloa

But if the injury doubts don't make it I would go with

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Wasilewski

Konchesky

Cambiasso

James

Albrighton

Kramaric

Vardy

Ulloa

I think if we get the first goal we will be safe. They have a lot of pacey players and love a good counter attack. Sissoko is massive for them, shame he's back. Their attitude seems to be awful though, if we can get at them and score first I think they'll collapse.

Assuming that Huth, King and Schlupp are out, but Nugent is back:

Kasper 

De Laet - Wasilewski - Morgan - Schlupp

Cambiasso - James

Mahrez               Nugent          Albrighton

Vardy

Then if things aren't going our way we can easily sub De Laet for a CB, push Schlupp forward and go to an attacking 3-4-3.

If we can get at them the way we did to West Ham and Swansea from the start then I think they will crumble. That's the important bit for me. If we score the first goal I think we will win.

the first goal is critical

As is an oxygen tent for Cambiasso at HT

the first goal is critical

As is an oxygen tent for Cambiasso at HT

lol

He was running on fumes in the 2nd half wasn't he!

I'm confident we can win this. Newcastle have been so poor recently and I really don't think, apart from the injuries, that Weds night will halt our momentum too much.

Assuming that Huth, King and Schlupp are out, but Nugent is back:

Kasper 

De Laet - Wasilewski - Morgan - Schlupp

Cambiasso - James

Mahrez               Nugent          Albrighton

Vardy

Then if things aren't going our way we can easily sub De Laet for a CB, push Schlupp forward and go to an attacking 3-4-3.

Are you assuming Schlupp is in or out?

Gutted about all the injuries cropping up now, could have a massive outcome on this match against them.

And someone was saying last week how we're the only team without injuries !!!

With Huth out.. We are lacking options at the back. When Esteban was at Inter Milan he played a few games for them at center back in a 3-5-2. I think everyone can agree, when Huth went off we missed his experience and Morgan was pretty poor not playing alongside him. So I think Wes needs someone experienced next to him to help keep us organised. 

But yeah, what does everyone think about moving Esteban to the back three in replace of the injured huth?

So it would look something like this against Newcastle:

Wasyl Cambiasso Morgan

or

DeLaet Cambiasso Morgan

Archived