Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goober

Newcastle Pre-Match

I hope the players will be okay on Saturday. I'm pretty worried. 

If King and Huth are out, and Schlupp & Nuge are still out then I'd imagine something like this :

Kasper

De Laet Wasyl Huth Konch

Albrighton Cambiasso Drinkwater Mahrez

Vardy     Kramaric/Ulloa 

You're replacing Huth with Huth?

I wish that was possible. :(

We need to be supporting Southampton as well against Sunderland. Have a nasty feeling about the Newcastle game. I expected us to go for it against Chelsea and we did and was worried we'd knacker ourselves out before the Newcastle game. Hope I'm wrong, hope Newcastle are pathetic and we are excellent, of course Sunderland and Villa losing would be a great help as well. All to play for, we go in like we did against Chelsea first half we can win the game. Concerned about the injuries and am hoping some of the lads will be ok.

There is no way we wont be up for this game.  I can see us flying out of the blocks for this one like we did against Swansea.  If we can get an early goal against Newcastle they will crumble and then we could possibly lower the intensity a notch.  The Chelsea game won't knock our momentum either as we've played really well tonight I thought and barring the fact we lost 2 players in the opening half hour which stifled the opportunity to make changes in the second half we might of come out of that with a draw or better.  

There is nothing to be afraid of in Newcastles side.  They are worse than all the sides we had our 4 wins against (and yes, I include Burnley in that).  They just had a 5 game purple patch under Pardew and thats been their entire season.  If they hadn't had that, they'd be down already, they are garbage.  

Dont be like that, hes only negative when we are losing pal! !!

Its not the loss.. That was expected.. Just the logic of playing certain players when there's such a crucial and far more winnable game just 72 hrs later... But hey, I'm not allowed that opinion without moronic abuse!!

Guest bss9401

If Huth, Albrighton and Nuge play I think we can win. I mention Albrighton because I believe that he and Huth have edged the team into being a more balanced and competitive unit. Nuge and others have found confidence and rediscovered their game. Screw tonight, we were up against the best team and manager in the country so COYB for Saturday!

Kasper

was

Huth

Wes

Albrighton

Schlupp/konch

Cambiasso

King/james

Drinkwater

Vardy

Ulloa

Think the subs were more precautionary then anything else.

I love it when people select a team and put x/y in it lol

Therefore my team for Saturday is:

Kasper/shwartzer

Huth/Moore

Was/Upson

Wes/Konch

Schlupp/Albrighton

Mahrez/Knocky

King/Hammond

Drinky/Cambiasso

Nuge/Vardy

Ulloa/Cram

Wood/Lawrence

Just covering the bases lol

A win on Saturday would be massive! We draw or lose this then we just add more pressure to ourselves to gain 3 points at home against a quality Southampton side. Then obviously we go to Sunderland away who are scrapping for survival as well.

Hope I'm not repeating something someone's already said in this thread, as I've not bothered to read it, but....... Last time we played Newcastle in the league, they'd lost 7 on the bounce, and they dicked us. This time play us, they've lost 7 on the bounce again. Let's hope they don't repeat it......Talking of which, has any other team lost 7 games in a row twice in the sand season and then ended their losing run, by beating the same side twice!!

I'm shitting myself for this already. For fvck sake. These are absolute dross and yet I get the feeling fatigue may do us over. I don't think the Chelsea game will have killed our momentum or belief at all, it's the physical capability that worries me. We play an extremely intense game, that's what we're best at doing - will we be capable of that just 2 and a half days after playing the best side in the country?

If it wasn't for the fact we've just played Chelsea I'd be confident that all of the so called curses (early kick off, potential MOTM) wouldn't come into play as I think we're comfortably better than Carver's Newcastle.

A while ago I thought we'd absolutely belt these but I've changed my mind. Can see us drawing and results going against us. When do Leicester ever do it the easy way? (Other than last year lol)

Archived