Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goober

Newcastle Pre-Match

De Jong, Sissoko and Dummett are back for them. They're playing away from home, which can only be a positive for them due to the protests. They've lost 7 in a row and we're, most likely, going to have won 4 of our last 5. 

Newcastle win would be so, so Leicester. 

They won't continue to lose & we won't continue to win, both runs will come to an end at some point and each passing game brings that point closer

Them playing in front of away fans rather than pressure of home will help them. Their best players returning... It's got Newcastle win written all over it IMO

Iv'e got a bad feeling about this game. I hope I'm wrong though.

yup

Another game where we create a good atmosphere they wont contend with our attacking force under the pressure of the crowd. couple that with the away fans getting on their backs if we take an early lead and we could see a heavy scoreline.

Newcastle are playing woeful atm but that doesnt mean this will be an easy game. This will be very tough but lets get the chelsea game out the way first.

As long as we come out with the same attitude as we did against Swansea there is no reason why we won't win this. Get straight I to them from the off and they won't fancy it one bit. Another 2-0 for me, regardless of whether we get hammered by Chelsea or we beat them.

As long as we come out with the same attitude as we did against Swansea there is no reason why we won't win this. Get straight I to them from the off and they won't fancy it one bit. Another 2-0 for me, regardless of whether we get hammered by Chelsea or we beat them.

I agree with much of this - I am just praying for the scoreline prediction!

We have neither been hammered or given out a hammering all season and I don't expect it to change against Newcastle.I think we have enough to win bit it will be tight with lots of missed chances again. 2-0 with the 2nd coming in the last few mins after a few nervy moments at our end

Guest seanfox778

Don't know why but I'm really worried about this game, 8 straight defeats just seems impossible. I hope we just continue with our recent form and menace them, they won't like it if we get at them from the off. Let's get a positive result against Chelsea first.

Their minds will be concentrated by hull's result and the thought that a loss to us takes us to within a point of them. I think they will be aiming to not lose and to try and nick a winner. we don't always do too well against those who are organised and sit deep.

anyone thinking we will just roll over Newcastle is plain naive.

Will need a very strong performance to take the three points

Newcastle’s Big Hope For The Season And The Future 3:09 pm, Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 4 Comments

Siem de Jong played the full 90 minutes at Derby County in the 4-0 defeat last night, but that will give him some good match practice and also sharpen up his play, and hopefully the Dutchman can get at least 30 minutes at Leicester on Saturday afternoon.

siem-de-jong-in-training-18-april-15-300

Siem de Jong – in training

When we play at Leicester and QPR they don’t have many good players but they fight hard and play as a team – and as long as we can match their work-rate and spirit, the class of a player like Siem could maybe swing the game Newcastle’s way.

In any case that’s what we are hoping, although fans think we will lose at the King Power Stadium.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Leicester?

•  Win
  •  Lose
  •  Draw

View Results

Peter Beardsley is a big believer in the Dutch midfielder, as he said this after the U-21 game at Derby:

“I wish I was as good as Siem de Jong, he is different class. I love watching him – I love the way that he trains and his understanding,”

“If I was as good as he is going to be then I would be delighted. He is so positive and he loves the game, he is a student of the game and he wants to be a part of Newcastle.”

Siem de Jong has become a very important player at Newcastle now because most of our other decent players like Moussa Sissoko, Cheick Tiote, Papiss Cisse and Daryl Janmaat will likely leave the club this summer.

If Newcastle can survive in the Premier league – and that’s still an “if” – Siem can maybe help us to attract some top players to the club in the summer, but that’s still going to be difficult.

And it’s looking like he could be the Newcastle captain next season as it looks like Colo will push for a move back to his home town club San Lorenzo in the summer.

Comments welco

I hope the players will be okay on Saturday. I'm pretty worried. 

If King and Huth are out, and Schlupp & Nuge are still out then I'd imagine something like this :

Kasper

De Laet Wasyl Morgania Konch

Albrighton Cambiasso Drinkwater Mahrez

Vardy     Kramaric/Ulloa 

I don't want Mahrez in the team, great player but he's just not up for the fight in my view.

The thing that is really worrying is how much the amount of effort put in tonight will take out of the players. Will they have the same energy on Saturday? We really need Schlupp, Huth and Nuge to be fit.

Gonna be very cagey and nervy on Saturday, I fear.

How do we recover physically from the Chelsea game after 72 hours?????....... I hope I'm wrong but Newcastle could run our legs off on Saturday... We looked shattered....

You really are a negative moron. You've posted this on about 5 threads. Give it a rest man!

Archived