Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goober

Newcastle Pre-Match

stat time

Newcastle United have won five and lost none of the last nine league matches against Leicester City.

The Magpies are unbeaten in their last five away league games against the Foxes (W1 D4), though they have drawn the last four in a row.

Newcastle have scored a divisional-high 69% of their goals in the second half of games this season.

The Magpies have lost seven successive league games for only the second time in their history (10 in Aug-Oct 1977 the most).

Newcastle have gone just 12 minutes short of seven hours of Premier League football away from home since they last scored on the road.

Newcastle have the worst record of any club in the Premier League since John Carver took charge (nine points, -15 goal difference).

Papiss Demba Cisse serves the last match of his seven game ban. He has been missed after scoring a goal every 92 minutes on average this season, the best rate of any player with five or more goals in the top flight.

The Magpies have scored more goals from substitutes than any other team in the top division (9).

When Newcastle reached 35 points they were 17 ahead of Leicester but the Foxes can close the gap to one point with a win in this game.

Only Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea (13 each) have picked up more points in the last five games than Leicester (12).

paul merson's view

I'm quite surprised Leicester didn't rest some of their players for the visit of Chelsea, but I think they'll beat Newcastle.

The momentum was slightly halted against the champions elect, and a couple more injuries won't help, but they played well enough to take something positive and carry on from there.

I just can't see where Newcastle are going to win another game. Everybody says they have enough points, but if Leicester can win four in a row from nowhere, anything can happen. If Leicester win, Newcastle will be sucked in. It could all change still.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (15/2 on Sky Bet)

I am concerned by this one.  Our injuries and signs of fatigue are worrying plus Newcastle have some decent players coming back.  Time for Kramaric to start smashing them in I think!!

Oddly, it is a bit of a win win fixture for Newcastle.  Win and 3 points will see them safe, lose and Sunderland look more likely to get relegated.

Been concerned about this game for about a week now, they're losing streak has to end sometime and that sort of thing usually happens against us. Siem De Jong been back around 1st team now too and he'll give them a big boost. Sadly, can see us losing 1-2 and dropping back into bottom 3.

Its hard to put into words how massive this game actually is. Terrible time to get injuries for us and Nugent will be a big loss. I fear that Chelsea game will have taken it out of us to an extent but now is the time for the players to dig deep and get a result. A win will not only see us climb away slightly, but it will also drag Newcastle into it which is even better for us. I hope the KP is absolutely rocking. Cant wait for this!!!

You can't jump out of a plane without a parachute

Well you can if you wanted to

Ostrich fancy dress?

Yes please. Right in the face of the ***** in the media, other clubs, and our very own pearson out brigade

I think we need to return to the more attacking formation we used before the Swansea game ie:

Schmeichel

Was

Huth (praying he is fit)

Wes

Albrighton

King (or James if King unfit)

Cambi

Schlupp

Kram

Ulloa

Vardy

Hold DD back on the bench to come on when Cambi runs out of steam.

stat time

Newcastle United have won five and lost none of the last nine league matches against Leicester City.

The Magpies are unbeaten in their last five away league games against the Foxes (W1 D4), though they have drawn the last four in a row.

Newcastle have scored a divisional-high 69% of their goals in the second half of games this season.

The Magpies have lost seven successive league games for only the second time in their history (10 in Aug-Oct 1977 the most).

Newcastle have gone just 12 minutes short of seven hours of Premier League football away from home since they last scored on the road.

Newcastle have the worst record of any club in the Premier League since John Carver took charge (nine points, -15 goal difference).

Papiss Demba Cisse serves the last match of his seven game ban. He has been missed after scoring a goal every 92 minutes on average this season, the best rate of any player with five or more goals in the top flight.

The Magpies have scored more goals from substitutes than any other team in the top division (9).

When Newcastle reached 35 points they were 17 ahead of Leicester but the Foxes can close the gap to one point with a win in this game.

Only Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea (13 each) have picked up more points in the last five games than Leicester (12).

That is an incredible stat. Just shows the difference between the 2 sides in the last few games. We need to hit them hard and punish them.

Time for Liam Moore to come back in and prove his worth? Had a pretty shit game in the reverse fixture, if Huth is definitely out I'd want Moore over RDL as a CB.

After RDL's performance on Wednesday I will take him over Moore time and time again. Moore was so costly at the start of the season with some awful school boy errors. He's not prem quality yet.

Really hope Michael Owen isn't commentating our game, cannot stand the bloke.

Don't care as long as we win.

I think people should be a lot more worried about this game. We'll have a lot of tired legs after Wednesday and we ended their shite run earlier this season. Lose and we're in a very precarious position.

Time for Liam Moore to come back in and prove his worth? Had a pretty shit game in the reverse fixture, if Huth is definitely out I'd want Moore over RDL as a CB.

I could not have Moore on my mind.

Not only was he bad on the pitch I have it on good authority his head has gone (the money has got to him).

They shipped him out on loan, and he was absolutely abysmal in the game I saw. They subbed him at half time, and he never got another game. That's in a mid table Championship team.

We surely can't be gambling with him.

I could not have Moore on my mind.

Not only was he bad on the pitch I have it on good authority his head has gone (the money has got to him).

They shipped him out on loan, and he was absolutely abysmal in the game I saw. They subbed him at half time, and he never got another game. That's in a mid table Championship team.

We surely can't be gambling with him.

Ah yes, Brentford the mid table team lol. I don't think you had to exaggerate to make your point there. Moore should be good enough to be in their team and playing well, so that was disappointing.

Hope he gets his act together as he has the potential to go far in the game. You have to remember he featured heavily in our title winning team last season at 21.

Archived