Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Now we're stopping up - the Radio Leicester Situation

The way Stringer allegedly behaved in one particular post match interview has been well documented. It was the players who took it upon themselves to boycot the station, in an act of solidarity the management team followed suit.

As none of us were there to witness the alleged incident it's one mans word against another. If how I've heard he behaved is true then his position is irretrievable.

I suppose you`re talking about the alleged cut throat gesture, but what you don`t know for sure is what was meant by it, if indeed it happened.

The perception on here seems to be that he was suggesting that he thought Pearson was going to be sacked, given that it came just after the FOAD quote, at the end of the Liverpool game.

Maybe it did, maybe it didn`t, but then who did he make the gesture too?

Was it to someone working with him for radio Leicester, or was it to a player?

Maybe it was a signal to Jason Bourne to cut someone off who was talking bollocks on the after match phone in, and one of the players took it the wrong way!

Either way there are always 2 sides to a story.

Lets not kid ourselves, if this had been the other way round, and Pearson had done the same thing to a journalist, people wouldn`t be calling for him to be sacked, most on here would be pissing themselves, and saying "good old Nige".

The club...(or any institution for that matter) cannot be allowed to decide who is in the media.

Stringer and BBC leics need to apologise to the club

THIS NEEDS TO BE SORTED OUT!

I'd like to see Stringer change some of his ways but this passion for Leicester thing all seems a bit fake to me. I say hand on heart as a passionate supporter of Leicester City I would not deliberately try and create a stir with them and their manager (who has undoubtedly done a good job in his time at the club) for my own gain. Stringer failed to do that, he went for the scoop and it backfired.

Would be happy to see it all start afresh next year but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him keep being an arse.

I suppose you`re talking about the alleged cut throat gesture, but what you don`t know for sure is what was meant by it, if indeed it happened.

The perception on here seems to be that he was suggesting that he thought Pearson was going to be sacked, given that it came just after the FOAD quote, at the end of the Liverpool game.

Maybe it did, maybe it didn`t, but then who did he make the gesture too?

Was it to someone working with him for radio Leicester, or was it to a player?

Maybe it was a signal to Jason Bourne to cut someone off who was talking bollocks on the after match phone in, and one of the players took it the wrong way!

Either way there are always 2 sides to a story.

Lets not kid ourselves, if this had been the other way round, and Pearson had done the same thing to a journalist, people wouldn`t be calling for him to be sacked, most on here would be pissing themselves, and saying "good old Nige".

It was to a player, Bourne isn't 'down in the bowels of the King Power for post match interviews'. It was the straw that broke the camels back following a perceived litany of offences towards the playing staff. .

It doesn't seem that anyone is offering stringer any guidance from above. His post match interview against Liverpool was atrocious, rather than ask decent questions about the game he obsessed with Pearson getting the sack, trying to force Pearson into a response about his future again and again and again. Someone from above should have been having a quiet word with him long before it got to this point about how to conduct himself and question people in interviews, as its a long way off being professional.

Pearson wouldn't call for somebodies sacking, he's too classy.

Stringer needs to publicly apologise. Ironically something Pearson himself was able to do. I really think if a public apology was issued by Stringer then Nigel would speak to him again.

If Stringer won't do that then the BBC need to get someone else in.

There is nothing that Ian Stringer could say or do that would result in Nigel Pearson getting sacked.

Whether he likes the manager or not matters not a jot.

He commentates on the games pretty well (no better or worse than anyone else) and when he did interview NP, if things were going well it was all fine, when things were going not so well, they'd often fall out.

Is that such a massive surprise?

Yes he could form his more difficult questions in a better way to not be so confrontational, but his style is his style and if he and his bosses are happy with it then fine. Like others have said, if you dont like it, when the games finished, turn it off.

So all of you would be happy to see someone lose their job, career, passion and income just because you don't like their opinion? Ian speaks on behalf of BBC radio Leicester, he has things he HAS to do like anyone working for someone they have orders. To be honest anyone who is seriously wanting him out are over the top, if you don't like it don't listen to it, it's as simple as that people, don't start wishing someone's livelihood away just because you don't like them.

But he's a dick, always has been and isn't doing his job very well.

There is nothing that Ian Stringer could say or do that would result in Nigel Pearson getting sacked.

Whether he likes the manager or not matters not a jot.

He commentates on the games pretty well (no better or worse than anyone else) and when he did interview NP, if things were going well it was all fine, when things were going not so well, they'd often fall out.

Is that such a massive surprise?

Yes he could form his more difficult questions in a better way to not be so confrontational, but his style is his style and if he and his bosses are happy with it then fine. Like others have said, if you dont like it, when the games finished, turn it off.

yeah good point, the media has NO power whatsoever does it. loon.

So all of you would be happy to see someone lose their job, career, passion and income just because you don't like their opinion? Ian speaks on behalf of BBC radio Leicester, he has things he HAS to do like anyone working for someone they have orders. To be honest anyone who is seriously wanting him out are over the top, if you don't like it don't listen to it, it's as simple as that people, don't start wishing someone's livelihood away just because you don't like them.

You miss the point. His conduct has caused a problem with lcfc, that's nothing to do with his opinions. We've all read the accusations and lets be honest they come from a pretty well placed source (I'm not going to repeat it again). That conduct has led to the club not speaking to radio leicester, not Stringers opinions.

What people want is access to the club through the radio, not opinions that just match their own. So yes, people do have a right to ask he be removed should it be his fault.

Well that's clearly incorrect, there hare people who hang on his every word. People in there homes who only get information directly from him. His actions can turn support against a manager, thankfully I think we have owners who don't give two hoots what a few ill informed people think about the manager. But there are people out there who do listen to supporters and do act on their feelings.

The guy is a nob and its really annoying that he has ailenated himself from the heart of the club.

Every other local radio has some sort of relationship with the club which gives them access to certain information.

Stringer has no inside track whatsoever and has been reduced to reporting on second hand news and twitter posts.

Although having said all that I agree with other posters and wouldnt want him to lose his livelyhood.

Can anyone outline the specifics of why Pearson and the players won't talk to Stringer? Is it something specific he could apologize for?

I get the impression it was over Stringer posting stuff about potential signings all over social networks that the club were trying to keep under the radar a couple of seasons ago.

I won't go into detail, but I've been on air post games only for what I've said to have tried to be twisted - and in completely the wrong direction. That's all I'm saying. 

I felt there was a clear anti management agenda. He doesn't work for Rupert Murdoch for gods sake.

I don't give a **** if he loses his job. Incompetence is a very fair reason. He has ruined radio Leicester, we only get the ****ing MOTD interview these days, we used to have like 10 minutes with the manager and the same with a player. He's an OK commentator but far from perfect. If he can't even get an interview with the players then get rid. Something needs to be done, there is simply no reason to put this nob as a priority above some of the key content for the station. 

You miss the point. His conduct has caused a problem with lcfc, that's nothing to do with his opinions. We've all read the accusations and lets be honest they come from a pretty well placed source (I'm not going to repeat it again). That conduct has led to the club not speaking to radio leicester, not Stringers opinions.

What people want is access to the club through the radio, not opinions that just match their own. So yes, people do have a right to ask he be removed should it be his fault.

what conduct? I'm assuming it's far worse than annoying lines of questioning!

I'm unaware, can you repeat?

I won't go into detail, but I've been on air post games only for what I've said to have tried to be twisted - and in completely the wrong direction. That's all I'm saying. 

I felt there was a clear anti management agenda. He doesn't work for Rupert Murdoch for gods sake.

That's the other side of it, not only his agenda getting away with serving the paying listeners with commentary & especially interviews... his whole show revolves around it & callers are lead by that agenda too.

At its absolute best it's toxic, RL or BBC should get a grip & either handle Stringer or replace him!

Well that's clearly incorrect, there hare people who hang on his every word. People in there homes who only get information directly from him. His actions can turn support against a manager, thankfully I think we have owners who don't give two hoots what a few ill informed people think about the manager. But there are people out there who do listen to supporters and do act on their feelings.

They may well listen to him but as you've already said, our owners dont base their decisions on what the crowd say.

Stringer hasn't liked NP since day one.  He's a modern-day journo who seems more interested in soundbites and sensationalism and NP rubbed him up the wrong way - their personalities clashed because they come from polar opposite viewpoints.  

Stringer, like many journalists, seems to enjoy jumping all over any signs of a 'gossip' based story and the Liverpool game was the ultimate example.  I remember driving home from that game listening to RL and you could almost sense Stringer's impending erection when he was breaking the news. "According to some sources, Nigel Pearson has allegedly had an altercation with a City supporter tonight."

He had the tissues out and was checking his parents were asleep!  'No more thoughts of talking about the match, Nigel has just been naughty and I must find out what he's done!'

He went on The Apprentice for crying out loud - he's a proper tool! 

we cant hear interviews because basically stringer is a complete idiot.

RL should get rid of this clown.

No they shouldn't, stringer does a decent job with the commentary , they just need to get another interviewer in for post match. Mind you, saying that, i don't listen to the commentary cos i'm at the game, so what a pointless statement.

They could do with a big switch round at RL, I think the current three need to move on. To be honest though they normally change the radio leicester presenters every few years, imagine getting Geoff Peters to do the commentary. 

Archived