Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Now we're stopping up - the Radio Leicester Situation

Is it too simplistic to suggest that the Beeb should just apologise? I guarantee a lot more listeners would tune in if we actually heard post match from Nidge and 1 or 2 players.

As it stands there is no reason for us 30,000 home fans to tune in post match as there is nothing other than a poorly handled phone in.

Be careful what you wish for.... Stringer is far from perfect but seriously have a listen around to other clubs commentary, bang average at best.

He's shown more passion commentating on our games than others we've had for some time and if we end up with Jason Bourne then someone please wake me up.....

Plus I've said it before, if you don't like Stringer/radio Leicester then turn off and DONT listen.... there's other ways of watching/listening

I don't give a **** if he loses his job. Incompetence is a very fair reason. He has ruined radio Leicester, we only get the ****ing MOTD interview these days, we used to have like 10 minutes with the manager and the same with a player. He's an OK commentator but far from perfect. If he can't even get an interview with the players then get rid. Something needs to be done, there is simply no reason to put this nob as a priority above some of the key content for the station. 

This is correct I think, Stringer is very average at his job and hin terms of PR with the footbal club he is nothing short of a disaster. They should do the right thing anf just get rid of him, it's his conduct that has caused the problems and they now need to realise they backed a losing horse.

We could do a lot worse ! I personally like listening to him

Listen to him commentate or report? Because there seems to be a swathe of opinion that don't mind him as a commentator but find his 'reporting' objectionable to say the very least.

Nige won't sort it out with him, he's not very forgiving when people cross him. I'm personally not bothered if Stringer does the commentary and someone else interviewed him from the beeb. Although I'm presuming it is a full boycott of the been?

Nige won't sort it out with him, he's not very forgiving when people cross him. I'm personally not bothered if Stringer does the commentary and someone else interviewed him from the beeb. Although I'm presuming it is a full boycott of the been?

It's not

I didn't listen to RL this season. I cringed when I used to hear Stringers voice in previous years. I think he treats the listeners without any respect as if he is the font of all knowledge and we should hang on his every word.

My two biggest bugbears: 1) he clearly doesn't support Nigel and 2) he had an annoying habit of saying he spoke of the fans - that arrogant presumption used to stagger me.

Be careful what you wish for.... Stringer is far from perfect but seriously have a listen around to other clubs commentary, bang average at best.

He's shown more passion commentating on our games than others we've had for some time and if we end up with Jason Bourne then someone please wake me up.....

Plus I've said it before, if you don't like Stringer/radio Leicester then turn off and DONT listen.... there's other ways of watching/listening

Living outside the county, I have no other acceptable way of keeping up with the match. And I pey my Player subscription, so have a right to expect a continuous description of what's going on on the pitch. You don't get this with Stringer, and it's so frustrating. He treats his customers with contempt.

As for oppo services, I have listened to several, most of them better. One that sticks in my mind from 2 years ago was, surprisingly, Ipswich. They never missed any piece of the action.

So all of you would be happy to see someone lose their job, career, passion and income just because you don't like their opinion? Ian speaks on behalf of BBC radio Leicester, he has things he HAS to do like anyone working for someone they have orders. To be honest anyone who is seriously wanting him out are over the top, if you don't like it don't listen to it, it's as simple as that people, don't start wishing someone's livelihood away just because you don't like them.

STRINGER OOT!

I WANT THE MILK FROM HIS FRIDGE TOO

Stringers commentary is appalling.  I used to listen whilst at the game.  I've said before, he often mixes players up.  Which is fine if it is once in a while but on balance he rarely gets it right.  The ultimate being mixing players up that are physically very different - I think it was confusing Schlupp with Drinkwater!

He seems to have sought the "big story" - a sacking - and completely missed the real "big story" - the great escape.  That alone, for me means that he has failed.

I started the thread a couple of season ago on "Stringo" - Stringer bingo, pick your cliche and wait for him to say it.  You don't have to wait very long.

So all of you would be happy to see someone lose their job, career, passion and income just because you don't like their opinion? Ian speaks on behalf of BBC radio Leicester, he has things he HAS to do like anyone working for someone they have orders. To be honest anyone who is seriously wanting him out are over the top, if you don't like it don't listen to it, it's as simple as that people, don't start wishing someone's livelihood away just because you don't like them.

Thanks Ian for your input, but along with your average commentary and pitiful interviews it's bull shit.

The problem is this. The listeners that tune in for the game want to hear interviews with players, manager, or backroom staff. Because of YOUR OWN conduct, interviews and anti Nigel agenda, the club will have no dealings with YOU! The fans are not at fault for wanting interaction with their club and if the players themselves have sent you to Coventry, I think it's pretty ****ing obvious what the problem and solution is.

Jog on to the next club telling all and sundry what frigging sandwiches you had on your commute stopping only to tell them that it is your job to ask difficult questions, and then informing them that while you were talking sh1t they've had three penalty claims and a man sent off.

Incompetent Tit.

Bye Ian, don't let the big blue premiership door smack your ass on the way out

telling all and sundry what frigging sandwiches you had on your commute stopping only to tell them that it is your job to ask difficult questions, and then informing them that while you were talking sh1t they've had three penalty claims and a man sent off.

Incompetent Tit.

TBF That has never really happened has it?

Name calling over something that has never actually happened is putting more of an insight on you and your agenda.

Stick to facts if you want to provide a more credible argument

To be fair, he didn't seem to mind if Pearson had lost his job, career, passion and income. It's not his opinions as such that annoy me it's the ego and the way he steps over his remit.

To be fair, he didn't seem to mind if Pearson had lost his job, career, passion and income. It's not his opinions as such that annoy me it's the ego and the way he steps over his remit.

Good point. I know when i heard about NP's apparent sacking i felt really pissed off and my first thoughts were, all that and now we've got to start again. For someone who claims to be a fan of the club, he didn't seem to give a shit that the manager had been sacked. And to claim he's a bbc employee and has to remain impartial is a load of rubbish, lineker isn't shy of saying what he thinks on twitter.

telling all and sundry what frigging sandwiches you had on your commute stopping only to tell them that it is your job to ask difficult questions, and then informing them that while you were talking sh1t they've had three penalty claims and a man sent off.

Incompetent Tit.

TBF That has never really happened has it?

Name calling over something that has never actually happened is putting more of an insight on you and your agenda.

Stick to facts if you want to provide a more credible argument

No that didn't happen obviously, as I was talking tongue in cheek about his future club. I'll do a Rafa rant if that suits you better

FACT: no player or backroom staff and manager, will partake in ANY interview with Ian Stringer.

FACT: The reasons no players will talk to him on air is due to his conduct and comments on air, that are purely his OWN opinions, not the Fans as he repeatedly saY.

FACT: fans deserve to have a say in their local radio output as it is they who pay the frigging licence fee.

FACT:Suggesting it was the end for Nigel pearson after the Southampton game was not only stupid it showed the whole club and it's supporters that he does indeed have an agenda.

Better?

Truth is, with the amount of coverage the Premier League has, we don't really need Radio Leicester for interviews anymore.

In the Championship we would notice Nige not speaking to RL a lot more - we would rarely hear his voice.

Truth is, with the amount of coverage the Premier League has, we don't really need Radio Leicester for interviews anymore.

In the Championship we would notice Nige not speaking to RL a lot more - we would rarely hear his voice.

We might not but a lot of City fans rely on the radio and the merc for their coverage. The mercury have produced some excellent coverage this season (which we can choose to buy or access online and support the Daily Mail) but the local BBC, the thing we all actually pay, for have not. A public service broadcaster is being used as a vehicle for one mans comercial orientated career. If he'd been patient, let stories develop rather than trying to create a story where non existed we wouldn't be in the farcical situation whereby the playing and coaching staff will talk to one wing of the BBC but not the other.

Those suggesting that those who don't like Stringer should turn off and go elsewhere for coverage forget that thanks to the BBC's monopoly, there's no alternative radio commentary except for when 5 Live have a City game on. Therein lies the problem - Stringer more or less has free rein to be a berk on-air, because BBC Leicester know that, for those that can't follow LCFC away from the radio, they're the only option and will be for the forseeable future.

As I said before, I used to back Stringer but now think his position is untenable. Having such a large number of listeners / fans openly calling for his sacking shows just how much he's alienated the fanbase.

Would be interesting to know the stats both when Alan Young was here and when he left, in terms of number of listeners who tuned in on average etc.

Can imagine more listeners after he left, as Elliot is much better than him in analysis of game situations based on his experience

Either way, the general listeners probably get fed up of listening to many of Stringer's over-reactions from time to time.

Archived