Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich coming up. How will they do?

I don't know, I'm not psychic, there's a whole summer to go first. How anybody can predict this early is beyond me.

They're not going to take us out and shoot us if we get it wrong.

They're not going to take us out and shoot us if we get it wrong.

Aren't they? Oh in that case I'll predict where these three teams are going to finish based on absolutely nothing apart from their current squad which will be improved.

I don't know, I'm not psychic, there's a whole summer to go first. How anybody can predict this early is beyond me.

You've been here long enough to know how long the summer would be without wild predictions and poorly informed chat about every club in the country ;)

soz

No worries. You're not getting shot so its sound.

You've been here long enough to know how long the summer would be without wild predictions and poorly informed chat about every club in the country ;)

lol True! Already counting down the days until the new season!

Aren't they? Oh in that case I'll predict where these three teams are going to finish based on absolutely nothing apart from their current squad which will be improved.

And how highly we rate their managers and how likely we think their owners are to get itchy trigger fingers, and what sort of business we expect them to conduct in the window. It's interesting to reflect once the season is over on how far out you were on those things I think. Not exactly worth getting so uptight about it.

Need to sort out a manager first!

We might score but also let in a few... Like Bournemouth.

Norwich have the greater experience.

Will you guys get the option of picking the loans from sister teams? If you can nab a couple of better players from those guys...there is potential. To be honest I think bournemouth and Norwich will struggle, but not so sure about you guys.

Bournemouth and Norwich to drop i think, can see watford investing a fair bit and riding their luck to stay up.

Bournemouth will inevitably be the media darlings next year and will get quite cringe worthy i feel.

Think all 3 will struggle. Watford will probably do the best and may stay up Deeney will impress. I can see Bournemouth starting well but then struggling big time. Are Bournemouth or Norwich any better than QPR and Burnley, not really. Buying loads of players doesn't seem to work in the prem either, generally a team coming up needs 3/4 additions and keep a core side from the season before. I'd like to see Bournemouth stop up as long as it doesn't affect us just because always had a soft spot for an underdog.

Bournemouth have done well to get promotion but they will do a Burnley next season. They are similar in that they have good players for the Championship but will struggle with the step up and unlike Burnley they don't have a Danny Ings. Calum Wilson will get found out at the next level quickly. Watford will be safe and so will Norwich. I think West Ham will go down next season as they should be careful what they wish for in getting rid of Sam Allardyce. I still think Sunderland are lucky as **** to survive this year and eventually their time will come.

West Ham

Sunderland

Bournemouth

That's early predictions for me.

I need to know is have Watford finished their ground yet?

We have - its nothing particularly grand but nice to have 4 sides again...

Not sure if we are allowed more than 2 loan players from one club (although sure I heard Wycombe had 3 from Brentford the other day..)

As I say we need to sort out the management position first..

Typical of us to have such an issue now!

We have - its nothing particularly grand but nice to have 4 sides again...

Not sure if we are allowed more than 2 loan players from one club (although sure I heard Wycombe had 3 from Brentford the other day..)

As I say we need to sort out the management position first..

Typical of us to have such an issue now!

What's happened with Jokanovic? Is it official he's leaving? Why?

I reckon Bournemouth and Watford will both start off strongly but fall off and be around 16th-20th throughout the whole thing.

Bournemouth play nice football but will be found out like we were.

Norwich will just slot back into Prem life and struggle as well. Norwich to sack their manager by December.

What's happened with Jokanovic? Is it official he's leaving? Why?

Apparently he won't sign a new contract as we aren't offering enough in terms of money and length (3 years..)

Plus his family live in Spain so probably missing them.

Nothing certain either way.

Bournemouth have done well to get promotion but they will do a Burnley next season. They are similar in that they have good players for the Championship but will struggle with the step up and unlike Burnley they don't have a Danny Ings. Calum Wilson will get found out at the next level quickly. Watford will be safe and so will Norwich. I think West Ham will go down next season as they should be careful what they wish for in getting rid of Sam Allardyce. I still think Sunderland are lucky as **** to survive this year and eventually their time will come.

West Ham

Sunderland

Bournemouth

That's early predictions for me.

You may be right with West Ham, they were in a false position for quite a while this year. Up until it became clear Allardyce was leaving they were doing well. Not sure they will go down but not impossible. Newcastle will be in trouble for me, who in their right mind would take that job that's any good?

Guest seanfox778

I think Bournemouth will be like Portsmouth when they first went up with us in 03/04. No one will like playing there and I think they'll be underestimated. I also think Norwich will have enough to survive, they should've learnt their lessons from last time and I expect them to do ok. I think Watford will go straight back down if they sign a load of loanees from their Italian and Spanish cousins. Too early to predict though. I'm hoping we push on from this season and stay out of the relegation mix, that'd be lovely.

The thing with Watford is that it terms of hierarchy Udinese is surely thier top team.

Udinese currently sit 16th in Serie A, hardly a huge endorsement of the scouting network. They will also have to 'share' the talent they find now between Watford and Udinese. An Udinese second string would finish bottom of the PL.

I think they and Bournemouth will struggle.

It really depends who they get in tbh and whether the likes of Sunderland and Newcastle strengthen.

If they stick with their current squads, then they'll occupy the bottom three places. If they buy themselves an experienced defender and balding Argentinian to run the show, they'll do just fine :)

Bournemouth- I can see these struggling, spending the whole season in the bottom three with the odd surprise result here and there. They have a group of players which are mostly rejects from mid table Championship teams. They have overachieved massively already in the Championship and overachieving in the Premier League is much tougher in the sense that you will tend to finish where your quality deserves. I only fancy them to go down by the skin of their teeth though by finishing 18th.

Watford- To be fair to Watford, they have had one of the best squads in the Championship for a number of years now and providing they get their managerial appointment correct and sign some quality players I could see them just surviving. They must get it right though or they are doomed, make no mistake the next couple of months are perhaps the most important in their history but as recent history suggests they do tend to get it right so I predict they will stay up by finishing 16th.

Norwich- I think they will go down but will ride the wave for the first couple of months. Remember Blackpool? That's how I see this going. Their squad wasn't good enough last time and unless they make some major signings (which I doubt Alex Neil will) then they wont be good enough this time around. I can see them being like West Brom when they were a yo-yo club. I do however see them coming up and staying up sometime in the not so distant future, just not yet. They will finish 19th for me.

Archived