Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

So as Villa fan you're taking 2-0 as a positive? :dunno:

Nah didn't say there was any positives in Villa's performance, but Spurs judging by there chances should have won by more. Even so I wouldn't even know if there was any improvement haven't watched a Villa game in ages.

Nah didn't say there was any positives in Villa's performance, but Spurs judging by there chances should have won by more. Even so I wouldn't even know if there was any improvement haven't watched a Villa game in ages.

Glory hunter :P

My view is based on 30 games this season Spurs are one of the top two teams in the country and that means they are a pretty good team in fact there are probably stats and tables out there to prove my point. If we intend to be champions we will achieve that by getting more points or a better goal difference than 19 other teams. The important thing is what we do not what our rivals do, we are ahead of our rivals with a game tomorrow, if we perform like we can we can finish this round of fixtures with a 5 point lead and that is much better for us than any of our rivals. The Spurs win puts added pressure onto Man City and Arsenal to keep winning the points dropped by Man City yesterday is a bonus but if we perform like we know we can it does not matter what our rivals do.

Really okay I guess you were one of the 500 that travelled to Carlisle on a tuesday to watch us away in the league cup?

Woosh!

Joking, once again my sarcasm fails. (I thought the ' :P ' would make that obvious tbh)

Just the fact you used to seem to split between Leicester and Villa, and now coincidentally you've pretty much admitted you've turned your back (Going to games/watching games wise anyway) on Villa now they're shit, well they've been shite for years, but finally they're going down after year of getting out of shit by the skin of their teeth.

And I don't wanna hear your excuses/reasons, as I said I was joking, but i've had to say all of the above just to explain my sarcasm which should have been obvious to even the most dead pan of people.

Woosh!

Joking, once again my sarcasm fails. (I thought the ' :P ' would make that obvious tbh)

Just the fact you used to seem to split between Leicester and Villa, and now coincidentally you've pretty much admitted you've turned your back (Going to games/watching games wise anyway) on Villa now they're shit, well they've been shite for years, but finally they're going down after year of getting out of shit by the skin of their teeth.

And I don't wanna hear your excuses/reasons, as I said I was joking, but i've had to say all of the above just to explain my sarcasm which should have been obvious to even the most dead pan of people.

I started going to Leicester back in 2001, bought a season ticket for the first time in 2009 and been in the kop since.

But okay fair enough accept you were joking.

I was appalled by how miserably poor Villa were. Not only have they absolved all responsibility to fight to stay up or honour their support, they've also absolved themselves of treating PL games with the esteem they deserve. Garde arrived, had a nervous and emotional breakdown almost immediately at the merest sight of how inept his charges were, and gave up any prospect of staying up months ago. What a pathetic appointment. He's still talking about defensive solidity when their total lack of a goalscoring threat, or intention, is clearly more detrimental.

The great positive from this game is that Spurs have effectively just played in the equivalent to a friendly against Scarborough - you only needed to see the standard of Hutton, Cissokho, Gestede and Veretout, or the laziness of Ayew to appreciate this - so a great deal more is going to be required of Spurs over the next few matches if they wish to nudge themselves ahead of Leicester.

The downside, of course, is that it makes the next two games that bit more critical for us. We tend to like that sort of thing, as in last season's run-in, but there's no mistaking the potential banana skins ahead. And there's every chance that by the time Spurs come against their toughest opponents, they could already be top. It doesn't mean to say that today told us a great deal about their title credentials - any PL side should have won that game - but it could still complicate matters for us, with a hugely tricky game for starters tomorrow.

It's at moments like this that I remind myself that a 3rd place finish would still be the stuff of fairy tales. And console myself with the fact that, if we do - as I'd expect - fall a little short of the title, that Villa's unbelievable crapness in a humiliating relegation season will have been one of the key factors in it.

Archived