Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the zorro

Women's World Cup 2015

Let's be straight to the point...women's football on the whole is utter crap.

They may be desperate to get time on TV and get credibility but the standard is crap. Would any other female sport of such sub standard get any time on TV???

Look at women's tennis-they are great and probably would give their men competitors a good game but these footballers???....Cmon,they have been trying to publicise women's footy for years and it ain't happening in the UK.

And this ain't no ism...it's fact...you just too scared to say it!!!

I think "Family Guy" and "Two and a Half Men" are crap. I don't watch them, I think there are other shows in their genres that are far and away better, and I don't think theh should be on TV. But enough people have liked those shows and have watched them in enough numbers to keep them on television for years.

Two million viewers tuned in for England vs France at the Women's World Cup, which is probably enough viewership to justify the BBC's programming.

What's the usual attendance's for womens games for league?..Would this warrant enough interest to have their world cup on BBC??..I just don't get the whole fixaion to try and keep making Women's football "big".....I wouldn't watch a low standard of men playing footy on TV,why would I women??

Its on bbc3, eurosport 2 and the red button, its hardly eating into your eastenders watching is it.

I don't watch much TV,but if you bothered reading what I said properly my main gripe is does it warrant even as much TV coverage as it does get considering its relatively sub standard for a so called World Cup status?

I don't watch much TV,but if you bothered reading what I said properly my main gripe is does it warrant even as much TV coverage as it does get considering its relatively sub standard for a so called World Cup status?

"sub standard"

"World Cup"

Abysmal. Women can moan about not being given a chance etc all they like but when you have a prime time slot on terrestrial television to sell your sport to the country/world and you produce something me and my mates would be embarrassed of on the park on a Sunday after a heavy night the night before, well, don't see the weight of that argument myself.

You can try and fight the cause all you want Jordan...this just about sums up what I'm trying to say...

BBC2 right now. USA v Sweden.

The football will be shit, but it's definitely got the hottest women on display.

USWNT_041415.jpg

476376566-team-sweden-line-up-for-the-te

Ok, the Swedes don't look that great on here, but number 9 is incredible. Number 4 and the bird with the Petr Cech hat on would get it.

BBC2 right now. USA v Sweden.

The football will be shit, but it's definitely got the hottest women on display.

476376566-team-sweden-line-up-for-the-te

Ok, the Swedes don't look that great on here, but number 9 is incredible. Number 4 and the bird with the Petr Cech hat on would get it.

Slight shades of Gareth Bale in No.10.

Who says that women can't play football? This is a defending and goal keeping master class  :thumbup:

http://www.flashscore.com/match/vc69SjxQ/#video

That 9th goal! haha

I remember Rab Douglas doing a similar thing in a pre season friendly against Lincoln.

I don't know why Sweden are drawing so many plaudits, the hottest teams are definitely the south americans/spain.

That 9th goal! haha

I remember Rab Douglas doing a similar thing in a pre season friendly against Lincoln.

I don't know why Sweden are drawing so many plaudits, the hottest teams are definitely the south americans/spain.

Check out the lady attempting to head the ball clear on about 1:25

'Women's football' needs to decide whether it is womens football (a completely different sport) or football played by women (the same sport).

The game of football has certain standard to which we can all be measured, if you fall short then it is not unreasonable to be critiqued. Many advocates of 'womens football' are actually hampering the sport through their patronising acceptance of its current short comings. If you are going to present it on TV as a sport then you should hold it to the same level of scrutiny.

Womens tennis is almost a different sport to mens tennis, it has a different 'style' to it yet the technical proficiency is just as high. The only significant difference is the strength and speed and that is why they cannot compete with the male players. Currently womens football is marketing itself as a female alternative to the male game, unlike the tennis players however the female players do not have the same degree of technical proficiency so when watched by football fans it is exposed as a very very poor relation of the game we all enjoy. Whilst the attacking side of the game has improved, the defensive aspects appear to be hampered by certain physiological differences between males and females which mean that being 'short' is no impediment to being a talented attacker or attacking full back, it does make being a centre back or goal keeper much more difficult. Goals are 'easier' to score as crosses are more threatening and shots have a better chance of going in. I think football played by women should embrace these differences and make alterations to the pitch and goal to reflect these differences, if they don't then they are doomed to be criticised for the 'poor' standard of play.

Fair points. Although would the players want the changes? Would it be admitting they are inferior?  Also does not the sport go under FIFA and FA rules? The height and width of the goal would not have to change much. There are some tall female players around.

The games may improve after the group stages like in the mens game. Its more hit and miss.

The international pitches have a larger required dimension than club pitches, if i remember correctly. Think the club minimum can be a good 10-15 yards narrower than what we usually see played on. Though I don't know which clubs actually play on such a small pitch.

But it wouldn't be totally unreasonable to make an exception for the women's games to be played on the club minimum instead of the men's international minimum.

Archived