Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the zorro

Women's World Cup 2015

Watched the first half last night and England were shit, the manager appears to try to be too clever and is more concerned about the oppositions strengths. Glad they turned it around though.

On the subject of managers are there any female ones at the tournament? Not seen many games but there seems to be very few.

Watched the first half last night and England were shit, the manager appears to try to be too clever and is more concerned about the oppositions strengths. Glad they turned it around though.

On the subject of managers are there any female ones at the tournament? Not seen many games but there seems to be very few.

I was looking last night, oddly enough, to see if any of the managers had managed at anything like a decent level. Our has managed a non league team and Bristol Ladies, and was wondering if that was the normal sort of level for this guys.. In looking I noticed there were maybe 6 or 7 female managers. Germany and Switzerland off the top my head, can't remember who else.

EDIT: There's 6 as far as I can tell off Wikipedia. There's a few with red links and foreign names, that I'm not sure if they're male or female lol. Anyway Costa Rica, USA,  Ecuador, Germany, Sweden and Switzerland have women managers.

Brazil and France have managers that have coached in their country's top division men's leagues.

In Jill Ellis, USA essentially have Tony Pulis in charge.

Most teams do have men in charge (I think Spain and Mexico have had the same managers for something silly like 25 years apiece), and I didn't realize the male-female disparity was as big as it is until Facecloth pointed it out. But some of the exceptions are notable. Pia Sundhage is regarded as one of Sweden's great players and was women's World Manager of the Year in 2012 with USA. I'm fairly sure Switzerland, with Martina Voss-Tecklenburg in charge, pride themselves on having an all-female management staff.

Back to Mark Sampson--he's what, only 32? He'll be coaching in the quarterfinals against a compatriot, John Herdman, who's not yet 40 (he got the New Zealand women's gig about 10 years ago, and has been in charge of Canada for the past few years). If you're not going to crack it as a footballer, getting a women's national team gig as a guy that's just about 30 years old, and traveling the world with about 25 ladies, is still a good way to be living the dream. I hope they both give each other a pat on the back during their pre-match handshake.

They didn't celebrate as much as the Wales men's team did after beating Belgium in a game that wasn't even at a major finals, nor guaranteed qualification for one, just merely help a bit in trying to get to one.

Okay, I'll bite, why not? I just woke up, you can have a free one.

If you can't understand why the Belgium result was not only massive but our proverbial Cup Final then you're dense. Biggest result in Welsh football in twelve years and does all but guarantee qualification to our first ever major tournament in the modern era.

Behave.

Guest MattP

I agree with Finners, the Belgium win was huge, not only did it virtually confirm a first major tournament appearance but it was almost a confirmation they belonged in that company.

However first game they had a pitch invasion for scoring the winner against Andorra, that's is something to take the piss out of.

People having a go at other celebrating winning international football games make me laugh.

We criticise of there is no passion and have a dig when there is to much.

I win a 5 a side friendly game and I will celebrate like I have won the World Cup.

What's the point in playing of you can't celebrate the good times?

People having a go at other celebrating winning international football games make me laugh.

We criticise of there is no passion and have a dig when there is to much.

I win a 5 a side friendly game and I will celebrate like I have won the World Cup.

What's the point in playing of you can't celebrate the good times?

THAT, is too much passion. Bad winners are the bloody worst!

Archived