Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the zorro

Women's World Cup 2015

Got to admit it's been better than I expected, the teams play some good football at times, fair play to Nigeria the pace of that striker they had was crazy compared to anyone else on the field she tore Sweden apart

one day the women will admit defeat in the fight for equality and realise that if they made the pitch smaller and either had a man in goal or made the goals smaller it'd be an infinitely better game of footy. i'd probably watch it quite often if it was like a 60% pitch with smaller goals. 

one day the women will admit defeat in the fight for equality and realise that if they made the shorts smaller and either had a man in goal or made the shorts smaller it'd be an infinitely better game of footy. i'd probably watch it quite often if it was like a 60% pitch with smaller shorts

Fixed  :thumbup:

Fixed  :thumbup:

yeah as good an idea as that is i was being deadly serious. 

they can't kick it hard or far enough, can't run fast enough and are not tall enough to warrant a full sized pitch. so why waste everyone's time playing on one? just the same as when we throw our under 11s on the park on a sunday onto full sized pitches, it encourages a fvcking shit game of footy. just common sense to make it all a bit smaller so it'd be good to watch. 

And there was me thinking football didn't get much more boring than England mens team on Sunday....

I got called 'misogynistic' and showing a 'derogatory attitude' for thinking most of these World Cup games would be boring lol 

And there was me thinking football didn't get much more boring than England mens team on Sunday....

There's Grand Prix Continental Drift more exciting than the England match on Saturday. At least this lot actually want to be here and represent their country.

Abysmal. Women can moan about not being given a chance etc all they like but when you have a prime time slot on terrestrial television to sell your sport to the country/world and you produce something me and my mates would be embarrassed of on the park on a Sunday after a heavy night the night before, well, don't see the weight of that argument myself.

Abysmal. Women can moan about not being given a chance etc all they like but when you have a prime time slot on terrestrial television to sell your sport to the country/world and you produce something me and my mates would be embarrassed of on the park on a Sunday after a heavy night the night before, well, don't see the weight of that argument myself.

You're assuming that the quality of the play is the sole redeeming factor for this being shown. If that were the case, surely early round FA Cup and lower league mens matches shouldn't be shown either?

I'm pretty sure a decently-organised nonleague mens team could beat the England womens team, but that is missing the point.

You're assuming that the quality of the play is the sole redeeming factor for this being shown. If that were the case, surely early round FA Cup and lower league mens matches shouldn't be shown either?

I'm pretty sure a decently-organised nonleague mens team could beat the England womens team, but that is missing the point.

Well it's obviously daft to presume lower league F.A cup games would be as absolutely shit as that game of football, they rarely are. And yes, I do think the quality of the football should be the main if not sole purpose of watching a womens world cup football match. Which is why womens football is so unpopular, it's shit.

Women's football clearly has a long way to go, especially in this country... sub-par... I'm not being bad saying this but why would you want to watch something that is such a low standard... with women's tennis and other sports it can be genuinely good to watch, but football just is too slow and error prone

Well it's obviously daft to presume lower league F.A cup games would be as absolutely shit as that game of football, they rarely are. And yes, I do think the quality of the football should be the main if not sole purpose of watching a womens world cup football match. Which is why womens football is so unpopular, it's shit.

Fair enough, that is your opinion. Others think differently, which is one of the reasons why this WC is being shown and publicised so much I guess.

I remember when I was working in the Far East they were showing a boys U-13 Cup match one evening on the primetime sport channel. Initially I thought it was bonkers as the quality was abysmal...but evidently there was a market for it to be shown, and fair play.

Archived