Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the zorro

Women's World Cup 2015

Good for England... They were having a tough time for quite a while, but they never dropped their heads. Norway probably exhausted themselves pressing high for a lot of the early going, and England outlasted them. Great strike by Bronze!

2nd half much better quality. Jill Scott was the difference.

I don't know about making a sub before a corner, but this isn't the first time this tournament that Mark Sampson has shown a canny ability to find a better option from the bench in the second half.

I don't know about making a sub before a corner, but this isn't the first time this tournament that Mark Sampson has shown a canny ability to find a better option from the bench in the second half.

True, but we looked terrible defending set pieces all night. If we get late in the tournament Wambach will have a field day.

Damnit. I didnt want canada to play England. I hope its a good game either way. Id like to see canada win but our defense has been suspect so far this tourney and our attacking game hasnt been our strongest suit.

England might take this but hoping the home crowd will propel our girls to the semis. Sorry guys im hoping canada takes this one.

Celebrating like they've won it lol

whats wrong with that? coming from a goal down in the 2nd half to reach world cup quarter finals

pretty sure teams celebrated similarly at the world cup last year

Aren't England bloody awful though? No ball control, no passing, and as for Williams in midfield - makes Junior Lewis look like fookin Maradonna. Just hoof it forward and hope something happens. Now I know what its like for Cov fans. And I'm a fan of the womens team. Manager hasnt a clue either, bring back Hope Powell.

:whistle:

Im sure every tournament knockout stage has the winners celebrating in every round. Also they were celebrating the fact that it was the first time ever our Women national team had won a knockout match at a major tournament so they made history. Id say thats worth celebrating.

They didn't celebrate as much as the Wales men's team did after beating Belgium in a game that wasn't even at a major finals, nor guaranteed qualification for one, just merely help a bit in trying to get to one. 

Archived