Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

If we could add another stand behind the Kop it'd be fantastic. Pretty sure it's only been built so that the East stand can be expanded. No idea where I've seen that from though.

I've read this somewhere too. Also read somewhere that the chances of an increase would be unlikely because of the ground structure? Apparently it's not got strong foundations or something so when everyone is bouncing the stadium does actually move (apparently it supposed to do this?) sounds load of crap as not no much about this kinda stuff but kinda made sense.

I'm guessing with permission and the structure, if the owners really want the increase they will pay for it whether that meant strengthening the structure to the stand or increasing any stand whether.

I've read this somewhere too. Also read somewhere that the chances of an increase would be unlikely because of the ground structure? Apparently it's not got strong foundations or something so when everyone is bouncing the stadium does actually move (apparently it supposed to do this?) sounds load of crap as not no much about this kinda stuff but kinda made sense.

It's true but doesn't stop you expanding, you just need to spend a couple of hundred K on strengthening.

It's true but doesn't stop you expanding, you just need to spend a couple of hundred K on strengthening.

Dude, I remember you from another thread months before. Do you like for arguments or ways to try and make you look like you know more than other people? If you are going to copy and paste others peoples threads why don't you ever quote to a full post rather than just a snippet to try and make your argument legit? I remember you done this before I tried twisting words.

As you will see from my full post, I said that if the owners are really looking to invest in the ground then I'm sure they will spend the cash to make it happen.

Dude, I remember you from another thread months before. Do you like for arguments or ways to try and make you look like you know more than other people? If you are going to copy and paste others peoples threads why don't you ever quote to a full post rather than just a snippet to try and make your argument legit? I remember you done this before I tried twisting words.

As you will see from my full post, I said that if the owners are really looking to invest in the ground then I'm sure they will spend the cash to make it happen.

You also asked several questions about whether it was true and whether the ground moves etc. I confirmed that was you said was correct. Then, you get all arsey and make out I'm trying to "make me look like you know more than other people?" I'm doing nothing more than answer your questions and giving you the estimated costs.

"rather than just a snippet to try and make your argument legit? I remember you done this before I tried twisting words." What Argument am I trying to make legit? What am I twisting? I just confirmed what you said was correct, you didn't seem sure seeing as you asked a few questions about it.

Perhaps in future you don't want someone to respond to your question, don't ****ing ask one.

Bizarre.

he's barely causing an argument, you might be slightly overreacting here...

• 2 months later...

Needs doing, the place was rammed yesterday.

I think we could easily sell at least another 5K season tickets per season and lets be honest if you do not have any sort of membership you can forget about getting tickets in the home end for any match.

Considering where it's located, both parking (as there's no additional parking anywhere apart from where the old ground was, and side-streets) and traffic (as bad as it is afterwards) would be much worse.

Don't understand why they can't use that disused land next to the ground (opposite the car place).

**** the stadium just extend the bloody concourses

All down to the stadium design, to get a wider concourse, you need a higher stand with more seats as it goes back further, but they then build in various other rooms below so the concourse probably wouldn't be any bigger.

Etihad and Emirates have about the best concourses I reckon.

I imagine an expanded KP would look a lot like the Stadium of Light.

stadium-of-light_tcm4-70101.jpg

It needs to be done if we carry on like this, though. Tickets are extremely hard to come by if you don't have a membership or mates to call on. The last thing we want is to stymie a rise in support as the club becomes more successful and established.

All down to the stadium design, to get a wider concourse, you need a higher stand with more seats as it goes back further, but they then build in various other rooms below so the concourse probably wouldn't be any bigger.

Etihad and Emirates have about the best concourses I reckon.

they could quite easily extend the concourses without adding extra seats

they could quite easily extend the concourses without adding extra seats

True, they could build out backwards but why would they?

If obviously meets the safety conditions for emergency exits so they won't needlessly do it, the main stand concourses are deeper by a lot compared with either end, but a lot more fans are in that space. The ends stretch more or less the full length minus the tunnels.

Considering where it's located, both parking (as there's no additional parking anywhere apart from where the old ground was, and side-streets) and traffic (as bad as it is afterwards) would be much worse.

Don't understand why they can't use that disused land next to the ground (opposite the car place).

Parking at the ground is the worst possible answer, releasing all the cars at the same time from the same place, all trying to hack through town would be awful. The more people that park out on the edges of town and walk in the better, slows the release of the traffic and reduces the distance you've got to go before you pick up the motorway or wherever you're heading.

Archived