Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

We'll be expanding at the end of the season I think. Was talking to someone down the KP and they said it's very high on there priority list. They want an extra 10k

Well they'll  have to move very fast then because  no planning application has been submitted and that doesn't  just happen in a an afternoon.

Guest CityFan 06

To be fair, my only reservation would be the infrastructure around the stadium. Its a nightmare getting parked before the game and getting away afterwards as it is. Another 10000 fans on top of that? :blink:

Have to agree with this. Hopefully more car parking facilities will be available should the expansion go ahead.

I've often wondered about that bit of land next to the ground, as to whether the club have bought that to cope with the extra fans coming to the stadium on marchdays once an expansion is in place.

The traffic post match can be busy already with 32k. Although there isn't too much you can do about that I suppose, it's just sheer volume of traffic.

I suppose if we did expand the stadium it would show the optimism from the club that we want to stay as a top team for the foreseeable future. Hence improving the stadium to a top ground. On the other hand, we've got one of the if not the best atmosphere in the BPL/England at the moment so you could say don't change it if it's right. That's just one view of course. Honestly I'm not sure but at some stage I'd love to see it expanded.

Maximise our potential is what I say

Guest CityFan 06

Maximise our potential is what I say

Yep, I'd agree. Expanding the stadium, is one of the key aspects to developing and improving as a football club. I'm hoping each year we can continue to improve in terms of bringing in even more quality additions, while keeping this fantastic squad together. Expanding the ground is a stepping stone if you like to becoming bigger and better continuously I suppose. 

Well they'll have to move very fast then because no planning application has been submitted and that doesn't just happen in a an afternoon.

8 weeks is the norm.

So if they want to start any works in the summer they need to get an application in now.

We'll be expanding at the end of the season I think. Was talking to someone down the KP and they said it's very high on there priority list. They want an extra 10k

Heard either the end of this season or the end of the next also from peeps that work there, just have to wait and see I guess.

This is quite obvious & I don't know if anyone else has made the point, but if you look at the 'big' clubs in the Prem. their grounds all

hold over 40,000.

So if we want to become one of the 'big' football clubs, we have to expand the stadium to 40,000plus.

I think I am correct in saying that the King Power has one of the lowest seating capacities in the Prem. even if you exclude Bournemouth &

Crystal Palace?

Let's win the Title & then increase the capacity.......so June 2016 here we go!

Guest CityFan 06

This is quite obvious & I don't know if anyone else has made the point, but if you look at the 'big' clubs in the Prem. their grounds all

hold over 40,000.

So if we want to become one of the 'big' football clubs, we have to expand the stadium to 40,000plus.

I think I am correct in saying that the King Power has one of the lowest seating capacities in the Prem. even if you exclude Bournemouth &

Crystal Palace?

I'd probably agree with the big club suggestion. For me, having a bigger stadium is at least one step towards becoming a bigger club. 

hold over 40,000.

Crystal Palace?

Being a big club isn't defined by how big the stadium is. It helps, but you become a big club by winning stuff.

And anyway, you can't just expand at the click of a finger. As DavieG said earlier, you have to put planning applications in and that can take months to be considered and approved. 

Being a big club isn't defined by how big the stadium is. It helps, but you become a big club by winning stuff.

And anyway, you can't just expand at the click of a finger. As DavieG said earlier, you have to put planning applications in and that can take months to be considered and approved.

Surely if the ground had been designed for expansion, that would have been on the original drawings that had been given planning permision.

Another thing to add is when they add an extension, they dont build on top of what is already there, they build behind and over, much like liverpools new extension. The reason they can extend the east and south stands is because they can go out into the carparks whereas they cant do that to the other 2 stands because of the road and the canal

post-11982-0-05325700-1454961279_thumb.j

hold over 40,000.

Crystal Palace?

Quite a few with smaller capacity .... http://www.statista.com/statistics/384458/premier-league-stadium-capacity/

In my life in any City fans life we have never been in this position. The tv money is the big income gate receipts add to it but the big thing here for me is we get 32k and the general census is our ground rocks and the plaudits for the atmosphere is right up there with anybody so imagine what it will be like with an 40k or 45k and the advantage that gives the team going forward we missed out with Filbert street and delayed under O'Neil so for me it is the time to do it

In my life in any City fans life we have never been in this position. The tv money is the big income gate receipts add to it but the big thing here for me is we get 32k and the general census is our ground rocks and the plaudits for the atmosphere is right up there with anybody so imagine what it will be like with an 40k or 45k and the advantage that gives the team going forward we missed out with Filbert street and delayed under O'Neil so for me it is the time to do it

Dont know about that but i can imagine sitting 150 foot above the pitch in a new stand freezing me nuts off facing a north easterly gale.

Who still thinks we should not expand??

The amount people asking me to get tickets is unreal, I know they are glory hunters in a way, but none the less it just shows you what a good run in the prem can do.

I'm desperate to get tickets but am in no way a glory hunter! I have supported LCFC all of my life but as I am now based in Cornwall and can only get to the odd game it means now that tickets never make general sale the only way of obtaining tickets is by asking STH's for help. I'm obviously hoping for expansion to make it easier for fans like myself to get a ticket far more easily.

Guest CityFan 06

I think this is one of the key reasons in the favour for expansion. Another 10k or so seats will help more supporters get to home games to experience the atmosphere and football we play at home. More fans supporting the team on matchdays, possibly the noise levels getting even higher than our atmosphere now. Of course, I suppose traffic will be increased and it's busy as it is, but at the same time I don't like people missing out on supporting this club. Two sides to it.

Surely if the ground had been designed for expansion, that would have been on the original drawings that had been given planning permision.

Another thing to add is when they add an extension, they dont build on top of what is already there, they build behind and over, much like liverpools new extension. The reason they can extend the east and south stands is because they can go out into the carparks whereas they cant do that to the other 2 stands because of the road and the canal

Just because the original plans allowed for expansion doesn't mean diddly squat when it comes to planning permission.

As I said in previous posts and threads there will inevitably people protesting any expansion purely based on the extra traffic it would generate.

As we never fulfilled the original planning approval with regards to dealing with the extra traffic based on the increase  from filbo to the Walkers by way of a travel plan that included the running of a park and ride i suspect they will find it more difficult this time to convince the planners.

The thought of having our tremendous atmosphere with 40-45000 or so inside is frightening (obviously in a good way lol)

Surely, there cannot be a greater time to expand the capacity.

Top of the premiership, potential winners, and fairly nailed on champions league football next season, there will never be a better time to capitalise on this.

I bet there are 1000's of Leicester fans wanting seasons tickets the last 2 seasons (I am one of those) and have been unable to get one.

Next season will be near on impossible.

Everyone has different reasons for not currently having one, money,location,children.

We are all Leicester fans regardless of an individual's situation.

Myself I was saving for a mortgage so I had to give mine up, but nearly 2 years on me and my partner are financially better and would jump at the chance to obtain a season ticket again.

Hopefully something is starting to be put into place regarding the capacity, we fill out 32,000 week in week out regardless.

10,000 would be needed to fill the demand.

I for one hope this becomes a reality with the money being bandied about next season and beyond.

Archived