Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

A big section of 'rail seating' could solve the whole problem on the cheap. Does anyone know what the proportional increase safe standing would bring as a percentage?

Problem us it's banned in England and Wales, Bristol City have installed a bit iirc but it's only for use by the egg chasers.

Does everyone who wanted the expansion still think it's a good idea now Pearson is gone?

we'll have 30 thousand empty seats watching us lose 0-3 to doncaster with neil lennon in charge in 18 months time :scarf:

Does everyone who wanted the expansion still think it's a good idea now Pearson is gone?

Of course, Nigel Pearson wasn't Leicester City.

If we have ambitions of being one of the top ten clubs in the country we need to act like one. Everything about our stadium says mediocre and happy just to be in the PL.

There's still no season tickets available. The Mrs rang up to see if anyone had followed through with their threats and cancelled on the off chance she could jump in and get one, alas, none available.

Anyway, with all this transfer activity amongst rumours of Pearson not wanting to spend a huge transfer budget, and the owners wanting European football sooner rather than later we'd better get it done quicker than originally planned for. :)

we have struggled to sell out a few home games this season, for me it should be kept at the capacity it already is. Last thing we want is for there to be 5k empty seats a game.

how can you say this??? every home game was over 31,000 except the fa cup game against Newcastle and for a ground that holds 32,500 that is a sold out ground every week!!!

Even if we had a ground that held 40,000 we would sell it out every week!!!

Needs an expansion asap but I think when the ground was built it was only designed for a possible expansion to 35,000

Of course, Nigel Pearson wasn't Leicester City.

If we have ambitions of being one of the top ten clubs in the country we need to act like one. Everything about our stadium says mediocre and happy just to be in the PL.

That's a good point. We are fairly average in the current stadium with its limited capacity

• 2 weeks later...

Adds some interesting perspective to our plans for expanding. Makes the Leeds United goldfish 'scandal' seem quaint by comparison. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think Saturday was pwoof that a stadium expansion is not wequired as there was at least 6 empty seats on the wow in fwont of me

May have been people choosing to stand - oops, sorry, 'sit' - with their mates in another part of the ground. I know there were 2 'empty' seats at the back of the kop.

I think Saturday was pwoof that a stadium expansion is not wequired as there was at least 6 empty seats on the wow in fwont of me

ST holders on holiday. My son only made it back with minutes to spare. That's why they were able to say a record attendance I believe.

A big section of 'rail seating' could solve the whole problem on the cheap. Does anyone know what the proportional increase safe standing would bring as a percentage?

Not sure but think the concept of safe standing is one seat on person so don't think it increases attendences just atmosphere. Might be wrong though

Archived