Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

I would say to increase the capacity

Even if it was an extra 5000 seats, it would help a bit towards the demand for extra season tickets and match day tickets.

The demand is there now, regardless of where our league position is at this moment.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say we finish finish 17th for the next 5 years we will fill the KP regardless.

Finishing top 6/8 the situation will only be worse for next season.

The stadium definately needs its capacity increasing I do agree

It's annoying that I can't buy a season ticket or take my kids because the stadium is too small, it's not right either.

It should be big enough to meet demand for virtually any match in an ideal world and finances aside.

I'd love them to say **** it, we'll build a 60,000 and fill it with kids and cheaper prices.

I know it's not practical but that's the dream.

I dont have a season ticket because I cannot get to every game. Before we got to the premiership I was able to go to around 5 or 6 home games a season with my sons. Now I can not get tickets to any games. We need to increase the capicity. We wont be going down this season and our last home game this season is on the 7th May. I am sure that plans can be made to increase a part of the stadium by around 8000 and work to start on the 8th May. Should have 2/3 months for the work to be completed.

Is a railway station behind the ground viable ?

Surley it would get a fair share of commuters tigers/foxes/industrial workers/students

I defer think a station near the kp would be beneficial

I don't think it is viable. Rail infrastructure is horrendously expensive and I doubt the club would pay for it and no one else is going to.

Better use of existing park and ride facilities would be more useful I think.

Like others, I think that convincing the council about traffic and parking will be the biggest obstacle to overcome in any stadium expansion.

Guest CityFan 06

I suppose if we did expand the stadium it would show the optimism from the club that we want to stay as a top team for the foreseeable future. Hence improving the stadium to a top ground. On the other hand, we've got one of the if not the best atmosphere in the BPL/England at the moment so you could say don't change it if it's right. That's just one view of course. Honestly I'm not sure but at some stage I'd love to see it expanded.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know or have any idea what, if any, the plans actually are?

I've heard little bits and see some posts on here but nobody has any real idea.

Anybody?

It's ok for us guys who have season tickets but my child is growing and taking interest am did like to get him a season ticket too eventually. And I'm sure there are other reasons for others too from you guys.

There's  been loads of topics and discussion on this  and nobody knows anything if they did I'm sure it would be sitting high in the list of popular threads.

The stadium has been designed in such a way that only the East stand can be expanded and have a 2nd tier on the top.

It would take the capacity upto 40,000

I'm sure the rest could be expanded if the owners really wanted to - it would cost more than doing the East stand, but it wouldn't be impossible.

I said in another similar topic.

With tickets in very high demand and with league position and potentially CL qualification, next season will be even harder to get tickets.

Increasing the capacity even by 5k won't solve the problem but will help towards extra ST and match day tickets a little, giving 5k people the chance to see the club they support.

The stadium has been designed in such a way that only the East stand can be expanded and have a 2nd tier on the top.

It would take the capacity upto 40,000

The whole ground can be extended bar the main stand. Would take alot of but it can be done.

they said on PLP last night there are plans in place to expand it to 40k. may happen soon. may not. swapping the family stand and the kop is a good idea though. never understood why you would want families next to away fans? 

Well it doesn't look like any plans have been submitted of course there could have been some behind closed doors talks bur it will still have to go through the planning process and there's bound to be some strong objections

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/ResultSet.aspx?AppNo=&Address=Filbert+Way&UPRN=&Wrd=&AppType=&DateRecFrm=&DateRecTo=&DateDecfrm=&DateDecTo=&Proposal=&DecisionType=

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We'd be better off waiting until we can legally install rail seating or terracing as a means to expand the ground. I can see such a facility being near full to full even when times aren't as good as they are now.

personally I wish they would. as someone who hasn't had the health/funds or now live close enough to be a season ticket holder, I have always managed several games a season, every trip to Wembley, stood in the bike sheds for our European games along with the games which saw us relegated both back to the championship and League one. this year I had a bad spell of health early on and ever since my dad has always tried to get tickets and haven't been able to get enough for us all (4) sitting together.

if we are playing European football next year which looks almost certain, we can not be carrying on with what we have, simple. I know we use to average around 23K in the championship and there was always spare seats, but if we extend the east stand and attendances drop, just dont sell the top tier so it brings everyone down and close together.

Personally I'm obviously loving this season, but hating it at the same time as all of a sudden the team I have followed for 20 years I cant even see. Cant even see the stadium from the ward at the LRI anymore! lol

Archived