Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

That's plenty no matter how well we do on the pitch.

My concern is what happens if we have a few seasons of getting into Europe? what do we do then?

I'm sure the rest could be expanded if the owners really wanted to - it would cost more than doing the East stand, but it wouldn't be impossible.

The whole ground can be extended bar the main stand. Would take alot of but it can be done.

The stadium was not designed with the intention of extending anything other than just the East stand. However i am sure you are right, with alot of money and some very good architects, anything is achievable. 

I vaguely remember reading somewhere when Mandaric first took over that there were plans in place to expand to 42,000 once the club become established in the Premier League, but there is also the potential for further expansion up to a maximum of 56,000, IF the club ever became a "regular top 5 club"

never understood why you would want families next to away fans? 

I've swapped into the Family Stand a couple of times when I've taken my daughter (now 11) and she loved the proximity to the away fans for all the shouting.

She was straight up out of her seat, shouting at them ("You shut up, you Scottish Albion!" to WBA fans was one).

I fully expect her to set up a female hooligan gang known as the Babe Squad in 5 or 6 years time.  :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We'd be better off waiting until we can legally install rail seating or terracing as a means to expand the ground. I can see such a facility being near full to full even when times aren't as good as they are now.

Even though I'm fully behind rail seating and hope it'll be implemented at the KP, unless rail seating is added in the next year or so I doubt the club will want to wait whilst we're sky high.

Even though I'm fully behind rail seating and hope it'll be implemented at the KP, unless rail seating is added in the next year or so I doubt the club will want to wait whilst we're sky high.

It could be around that time it's approved, depending on the success of the trial at Celtic...

It could be around that time it's approved, depending on the success of the trial at Celtic...

I live in hope, but wouldn't hold out on the establishment's decision-making time or our club's interest and patience in waiting out for it.

I live in hope, but wouldn't hold out on the establishment's decision-making time or our club's interest and patience in waiting out for it.

I'm as pessimistic as you, but it'd be great if the club could see the sense in such a proposal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We'd be better off waiting until we can legally install rail seating or terracing as a means to expand the ground. I can see such a facility being near full to full even when times aren't as good as they are now.

Isn't there something about 3 sides of the ground not being designed for standing crowds ? Bouncing etc?

I don't understand all this can't afford it unless we are consistent nonsense! 

Cardiff/MK Dons etc.. they all built extra, if they don't fill it they don't open it therefore it doesn't cost them anything to staff, just small maintenance costs. 

They'll do it in the summer without a doubt.

Well it doesn't look like any plans have been submitted of course there could have been some behind closed doors talks bur it will still have to go through the planning process and there's bound to be some strong objections

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/ResultSet.aspx?AppNo=&Address=Filbert+Way&UPRN=&Wrd=&AppType=&DateRecFrm=&DateRecTo=&DateDecfrm=&DateDecTo=&Proposal=&DecisionType=

i took it with a pinch of salt. they also said that apparently the film execs were there last night to see vardy. If they were to do it they wouldn't have to give that much notice surely? i live next door to a factory and i got 2 months notice that they are doing building work. 

i took it with a pinch of salt. they also said that apparently the film execs were there last night to see vardy. If they were to do it they wouldn't have to give that much notice surely? i live next door to a factory and i got 2 months notice that they are doing building work. 

There will be objections based on increased traffic and the fact that we've  never complied with the travel plan that was a condition of the stadium build won't help them.

They'll  be plenty of hoops to jump through.

Think we would struggle to add 8 to 10 thousand on the gate when you consider the Carling Stand at Filbert Street held less than 10 thousand seats, would need to add another tier all around the ground to achieve it in my humble opinion....

Up the City...

Guest CityFan 06

Expansion to the stadium would be a good way of recognising this season's achievements, we can always think that the year that expansion was constructed was the year Leicester finished in the top 4/won the title - hopefully.

It seems for 2 running seasons now in the Premier League we have sold out every league home game apart from cup matches. I'd like to see an expansion, it would ultimately allow more fans to buy tickets.

Regarding the family stand and Kop swap, I'm 50/50.

The stadium has been designed in such a way that only the East stand can be expanded and have a 2nd tier on the top.

It would take the capacity upto 40,000

No it has not. The stadium has been designed so the cheapest and quickest expansion is to the east and south stand.

That don't mean we can't add to the others.

Just not as quick or as cheap.

I don't understand all this can't afford it unless we are consistent nonsense!

Cardiff/MK Dons etc.. they all built extra, if they don't fill it they don't open it therefore it doesn't cost them anything to staff, just small maintenance costs.

They'll do it in the summer without a doubt.

mk dons didn't build they added seats to a already built stadium

I've swapped into the Family Stand a couple of times when I've taken my daughter (now 11) and she loved the proximity to the away fans for all the shouting.

She was straight up out of her seat, shouting at them ("You shut up, you Scottish Albion!" to WBA fans was one).

I fully expect her to set up a female hooligan gang known as the Babe Squad in 5 or 6 years time.  :D

i thought my 5 year old daughter was enjoying east stand so put her 1 block closer to SK. she wasn't in a very good mood. booted teh guys chair infront and cried....still a bit too young...other games however (man u) she screamed so loud the guy infront winced! 

There will be objections based on increased traffic and the fact that we've  never complied with the travel plan that was a condition of the stadium build won't help them.

They'll  be plenty of hoops to jump through.

i just spotted one of the applications has an error. unless there is a "mr susan whelan" working at the club.

really? didn't really think that people near them wouldn't be fans of the club. Then again look at anfield and how long that took to get people out of that street. 

i just spotted one of the applications has an error. unless there is a "mr susan whelan" working at the club.

really? didn't really think that people near them wouldn't be fans of the club. Then again look at anfield and how long that took to get people out of that street. 

There were massive objections  to the development of Filbert St and even bigger ones to the proposed Bede Island option both of which were subsequently turned down

Even the KP there were objections and that's why they had to come up with a travel plan that included park and ride but they were never implemented because they couldn't find anywhere to site the park bit.

didn't really think that people near them wouldn't be fans of the club. Then again look at anfield and how long that took to get people out of that street.

It's not just people living near by as regards the traffic problems, it's if a major incident happened, not just at the match but anywhere in the city and roads are clogged up, emergency services would be struggling to get there with extra cars on the roads around the ground.

Police force have a major say in crowd control, expansion, where away fans can be seated etc.

Archived