Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

You can rent a minibus if you like, plenty of room and now on general sale

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-08-24 at 15.17.17.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-08-24 at 15.19.26.png

Just had a look at the tickets left 24 hours before the match.

14 single seats available dotted round the ground so you could still rent that mini bus but none of you could sit next to each other.  :D

A great effort from the fans to what is a virtual sell out for a TV match against non glamorous opposition and despite what the national media will tell you this isn't a derby.

On this evidence you have to wonder how many how many we would have sold for this fixture with another 10,000 seats? We'd almost certainly sell out for the big games and the important games. We are already turning away people who want to buy season tickets because there's no room at the inn.

Conclusion: Start building ASAP.

14 single seats available dotted round the ground so you could still rent that mini bus but none of you could sit next to each other.  :D

A great effort from the fans to what is a virtual sell out for a TV match against non glamorous opposition and despite what the national media will tell you this isn't a derby.

On this evidence you have to wonder how many how many we would have sold for this fixture with another 10,000 seats? We'd almost certainly sell out for the big games and the important games. We are already turning away people who want to buy season tickets because there's no room at the inn.

Surely the conclusion is that we still have 14 seats available?

The club will keep track of enquiries and be able to guage demand and until demand outstrips supply by a significant amount (as previously stated Spurs have 40k on their waiting list) I don't envisage any increase in capacity.

Surely the conclusion is that we still have 14 seats available?

The club will keep track of enquiries and be able to guage demand and until demand outstrips supply by a significant amount (as previously stated Spurs have 40k on their waiting list) I don't envisage any increase in capacity.

Weak, a very weak response, In all likelihood they will all be sold over the next 24 hours. How many could we sell for games that are not televised against glamorous opposition?

As someone who can't get a ST I would be buying two. I'm going tomorrow but my seven year old isn't as we can't sit next to each other, so there's another person the stadium capacity restrictions is stopping going to the match.

Lots of people want to sit next to family and friends and not sat there on their own,

As a club we should be able to facilitate potential fans. As things stand we could be stopping a whole generation of Leicester fans being able to see their team as with limits on ST the football is only for the select few.

Weak, a very weak response, In all likelihood they will all be sold over the next 24 hours. How many could we sell for games that are not televised against glamorous opposition?

As someone who can't get a ST I would be buying two. I'm going tomorrow but my seven year old isn't as we can't sit next to each other, so there's another person the stadium capacity restrictions is stopping going to the match.

Lots of people want to sit next to family and friends and not sat there on their own,

As a club we should be able to facilitate potential fans. As things stand we could be stopping a whole generation of Leicester fans being able to see their team as with limits on ST the football is only for the select few.

there's people on here who still got 2 tickets I think

It went to general sale. It is still on general sale. It was possible to buy seats together when it went on general sale. It was possible to get two seats together if you have two memberships. It is possible to get seats the day before the match.

At the minute demand does not warrant an additional 10,000 seats

There's quite no point in expanding significantly considering the amount of TV & PL money to the club's disposal.

Spurs only holds just over 36,000 and have been 'up there' for many years, without the need to expand (though they're set to).

Whilst I accept it is standard business practice these days it appears the owners of the ground are registered in...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The private eye map is great for seeing where near you is a tax break

King Power is a Thai business, we all know that. Surely that's why the ground is owned by oversea company and not necessarily a tax dodge? 

King Power is a Thai business, we all know that. Surely that's why the ground is owned by oversea company and not necessarily a tax dodge? 

I know very ilttle about it so this is a genuine question, but why would it not be registered in Thailand instead of the Virgin Islands in that case?

I know very ilttle about it so this is a genuine question, but why would it not be registered in Thailand instead of the Virgin Islands in that case?

Fair point,I misread the caption. I thought the Virgin Islands thing underneath was the next company. 

14 single seats available dotted round the ground so you could still rent that mini bus but none of you could sit next to each other. :D

Good post

Sorry, please could someone enlighten me. I Used to own a season ticket in the old Carling Stand but now I have a shared double season ticket with 6 mates as we all cant go to every match as some live far away and it helps the pound coins. 

Two do all the work and I just hand over cash for games.

Villa game attendance stated 31,733 so that would leave 500+ spare seats but I was unable to get 2 tickets odd hoc for the match.

Where are these empty seats and why can't I buy two?

Apologies if I have posted in an incorrect thread but it's also relevant to expansion.

Sorry, please could someone enlighten me. I Used to own a season ticket in the old Carling Stand but now I have a shared double season ticket with 6 mates as we all cant go to every match as some live far away and it helps the pound coins. 

Villa game attendance stated 31,733 so that would leave 500+ spare seats but I was unable to get 2 tickets odd hoc for the match.

Apologies if I have posted in an incorrect thread but it's also relevant to expansion.

just people not turning up on the day ain't it? there were a few single seats free and the away corner had a couple of gaps I think

I wondered that myself actually, the game was a sell out when I checked before the game but although Villa brought their allocation we were still under 32,000.

The only thing I can think of was some people never went as it was on TV but 500 people? It doesn't make sense.

The empty seats were in the corporate area. Others were dotted about (possible non attenders).

Archived