Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Problem us it's banned in England and Wales, Bristol City have installed a bit iirc but it's only for use by the egg chasers.

why don't we smooth 10000 seats in for the rugby world cup, then plead poverty afterwards saying we can't afford to take it down because of balotellis wages.

Not sure but think the concept of safe standing is one seat on person so don't think it increases attendences just atmosphere. Might be wrong though

No, you can get 1.5 rail seats in the same space as a normal seat.

wont even let me get past the first page, none of the buttons are active. Is it not on general sale yet? I want to bring a mate up

I don't have a membership, as long as you're logged in and have a booking history it's 1 per customer. You'll need to add your friend's login to your family/friends if you want to book for them too, although if you want to sit near each other I'd get on it quick! If you can't book online call 0344 815 5000

I'd like to see bigger numbers against our attendances, although success isn't guaranteed by ground capacity.

City regularly got gates around 40,000 in the early sixties and on occasions supporters got locked out. It was relatively cheaper to attend a match back then, they didn't need to be there were a lot less noughts on the end of transfer fees as the talent on display wasn't from such a world wide base, most clubs drew on UK for players.

If it was extended could we realistically fill it on a regular basis?, I'd like to think so. The downside if not is empty seats, hard to get the crowd behind the team in a half empty stadium not to mention the "empty seats" p155 taking from oppositions supporters.

Where would the extra car parking needed be accommodated?

Only expand the stadium when we are an established top-flight (mid-table team).

This would mean we will be the biggest team in the East Midlands, maybe even in the whole of the Midlands. It would gurantee to attract supporters all over the Midlands, especially in the East Midlands county other than Leicestershire. Of course, we are "technically" the biggest team in the East Midlands, at the momenet. However, one relegation could change all of that. Supporters around the region will flock to us when we are an established Prem team.

For now, let's just enjoy the full-houses, with no single seats in sight, and ramp up the atmosphere  :scarf:

Oh great, so mere mortals like us that live miles away won't ever get to see lcfc again!

If I'm going to drive all the way up, I'd make a day of it and bring friends or family. But I can only purchase 1 ticket when it goes on general sale? Poor.

Oh great, so mere mortals like us that live miles away won't ever get to see lcfc again!

If I'm going to drive all the way up, I'd make a day of it and bring friends or family. But I can only purchase 1 ticket when it goes on general sale? Poor.

Plenty of Villa seats available

The demand for ST/match day tickets is hot.

Increasing attendance should be, after the transfer window shutting, the number one priority, as there are 1000's of people missing out on wanting to support Leicester City, which is why we all go in the first place.

If we didn't hit 40 odd thousand every game it doesn't matter, what does is knowing every Leicester City supporter New or Old is able to get a ticket.

I have been unable to get a ST theough them selling out too fast and if more came available (which it won't) I would be straight down the ticket office.

The demand is NOW not in a few years time because people are scared of relegation, we want to move Forward not backwards!

Up the city!

• 2 weeks later...

Support for Leicester City FC has, throughout the history of the Club, always been strong, loyal and vocal. In the Fifties and Sixties especially, it was not unusual to see attendances in excess of 40,000. Then in 1971, the maximum was lowered to 34,000 and when Filbert Street was demolished, the construction of the Walkers Stadium saw the overall seating capacity being further decreased to 32,312 and this has sufficed ……….till now!

Why? Because in a matter of a few months, the Club has gone from PL relegation certainties to joint leaders of the PL. They are the ‘form’ team – Eight wins out of ten games played is something even the top glamour Clubs struggle to achieve. Not only that, but as this whirlwind revolution is taking place, top class players have arrived at the KP stadium, thus strengthening the existing squad and which promises to transform the fortunes of the Club to a level fans have only dreamed about.

Tomorrow we take on Tottenham with an expected maximum attendance of 32,000. Sounds a lot but on February 18th 1928, versus Tottenham, this fixture – as a 5th round FA Cup tie saw the highest attendance ever recorded for a City home game, 47,298.

The capacity of the KP stadium ranks 13th of the current PL Clubs. If the Club really aspires to becoming a truly Elite club, then it is imperative that the future stadium capacity is addressed as a matter of urgency to accommodate at least 50,000.

As I’ve said in previous postings, ‘Owners, Directors, Managers, Players and General Staff come and go but Fans go on forever!’

I think that might be pushing it slight lets go with 40 to start with, the only way we would fill 50 if they dropped the prices to about £15 each, and that isn't possible so no point wasting the money. Increase to 10 add more things for fans around the ground, job done.

Okay so you've worded your argument pretty well, but that doesn't mean this hasn't been done to the death.

Over 50,000 would be ridiculous

"Joint leaders of the PL" do me a favour

The last sentence is also completely irrelevant to your cause

I'm not even against an expansion but I'm just so sick of these threads.

I think we should not get too carried away. Our "success" so far is that we managed to stay in the Premier League last season. Two games is far too early to judge how this season will go.

What is positive is the club appears to be on solid foundations. The owners have indicated that the stadium will be expanded when the time is right.

It is also worth noting that the move to the Walkers Stadium increased capacity by around 10,000. At the time of Filbert Street's last season the capacity was around 21,500 I think.

As Hollism says, the argument has been done to death. Most of us would love to see the ground expanded but in simple terms, an extra 10000 seats might generate £5M - £7M per season, in comparison the new TV deal pays an extra £40M per season.

50,000? Are you joking? lol

No!

Man Utd - 75,731

Emirates - 60,432

Etihad -  55,000

St. James Park - 52,405

Stadium of Light - 49,000

Anfield - 45,522 currently being extended to accommodate 54,000

Villa - 42,682

Stamford Bridge - 41,798

Goodison - 40,221

White Hart Lane - 36,284