Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

I was at the match when the fans chanted"Bloomfield out" and the dreadful McLintock era began. I felt excruciating pain when Taylor was appointed after the wonderful MON years (I was working in Southend at the time and was aware of what an awful club manager he was), and tonight I'm wondering what lies beyond the best team I have seen since either of those days.

Hope to goodness that the owners have something special lined up.

Sad to see him go just when he understood the squad and they him. It's hard to buy that loyalty from players it has to be earned which NP obviously did.

I suspect the decision to sack the 3 players was taken out of his hand and he didn't like it. He would have prefered to deal with it in house.

I'm gutted to see Nige go he's done an incredible job throughout his two spells at our club and we wouldn't be where we are without him. I too think he has stood up for his son as a father even though he is in my opinion inexcusable and this has clearly angered the owners. However it was his sons mistake and I feel as though some of Nigel's controversial moments this season were intentional to take the pressure off of the players. We thought that the owners were unlike other owners but tonight they have shown their true colours. They haven't made a popular decision amongst most fans and the main reason why I'm not happy is because I cannot see anyone who is good enough to replace Pearson. They have just started recruiting and also their record of appointing managers isn't exactly fantastic (other than Nige) which doesn't fill me with confidence.. But on a positive note at least Nigel leaves on a hero having saved us from the drop against all odds!

I did make a comment in a thread last season that one more "incident" under his tenure and the owners would say enough is enough. Get out, because our club is continually being put in a bad light and ultimately, youre the manager.

Having said that, UNDOUBTEDLY, the whole squad were behind him, he was getting results, and his signings had been very impressive so this comes as a MASSIVE blow.

Ultimately though, if there are bridges burnt between the board and the manager, then the manager has to go. The owners call the tune, they put the money forward, and whatever we think about their capability of picking a good manager, they run the club. On the pitch, the club has been fantastic under Pearson, but last season, and Thailand included, we have been a f*****g shambles off the pitch and this is undeniable.

Next appointment is absolutely critical.

There have been a few incidents through out the season, telling a fan to "**** off and die" the Mcarthur incident and even Pearson being sacked for a day. But with reference to the Thai sex tape and them three ****ing imbeciles two have moved on and Pearson's son hasn't, Why? IF it comes out that NP has fallen out with the board over his son being sacked and trying to fight his corner then he his a ****ing moron and deserves to go, otherwise there need to be a proper explanation.

I don't know, if my boss went over my head and fired my son because he was having sex in the same room as an idiot who was acting like an idiot at the time I might ask a question or two. Especially if The Mirror got it right and Pearson felt that the owners hadn't exactly been proactive in discouraging the aforementioned.

Pearson may have had lots of reasons to feel angry about it, none of which should lead to his demonisation or that of James Pearson: he might have been unhappy that his son received the same treatment as Hopper, but very different treatment to the club captain or, thus far, Danny Simpson, and I'd understand that. Just as I'd understand if he was unhappy with the part they'd played in the build-up to what happened in Thailand, or the public nature of the players' punishment. And, of course, he didn't quit or even agree to mutual consent and the 'vows of silence' they tend to bring with them, so it's not as if he'd walked on principle.

Personally, however, if nobody sat down with Pearson and said 'listen, we don't want these guys at the club and we know this is difficult for you, so how can we make it easier?' then that's shameful. But if I had to guess I'd say Thailand wasn't the reason, simply because as insane as it was, only a series of mind-boggling over-reactions and monumental mishandling on first the board's, and then possibly Pearson's, sides could have led to his sacking. 

There are other, better explanations. Even that far-fetched story that Cambiasso was somehow 'taking the lead' late in the season and is now stepping up to accept the crown would be more sensible, for me. Or that he didn't want to be bombarded with Asian players, or that they simply found someone whom they thought was better. It would be madness to have allowed that nonsense in Thailand to sway their decision. And, it's important to remember, it was their decision.

Cambiaso surely has to be a worthy of consideration if he wants it. Big same would be a safe choice but I suspect not the style of manager the owners would like.

Heck of a tough job for his first one. Then again, Gary Monk has done alright for himself.

Cambiaso surely has to be a worthy of consideration if he wants it. Big same would be a safe choice but I suspect not the style of manager the owners would like.

They're clearly happy to take massive risks. Even when taking the same massive risk has previously backfired. He would at least unite the fans, for a while, and he may well be the only guy out there capable of keeping the dressing room behind him. He knows the side's strengths and weaknesses better than any of the other candidates. Funnily enough, he's got a lot going for him.

Heck of a tough job for his first one. Then again, Gary Monk has done alright for himself.

I totally agree but with the level of experience he has plus the fact he knows the squad makes him the perfect choice. A smooth transfer of management keeping everyone happy including the Fans.

Any time during the proper pre-season or season is worse because the new manager has to hit the ground running, usually with no ability to buy players. Having a new manager installed for the first day of pre-season is about as perfect as it gets. Disagree with the sacking if you like (not sure how you can given we don't know why he was sacked) but the timing is fine.

Before we signed Fuchs, I'd agree. We're using our budget for a manager to bring in players that he won't even manage.

As if it's a footballing decision anyway. Even if it was the right timing (which it isn't) it'd be pure fluke.

Chairman of the Leicester City Supporters Club Cliff Ginetta said: “It was a strained relationship last season.

“His attitude is sometimes dogmatic and that is his downfall. It annoyed me. I’ve met him a few times and don’t particular get on with him.

“But that’s who he is and he’s been very successful. He’s been the most successful manager we’ve ever had and in that sense I’m disappointed.

“Perhaps it is the time to move on to even greater things.”

just seen this on the mail site. I wish cliff would **** off.

This is the bloke who said he 'owed the fans' for selling Bamba. Helmet.

Cambiasso would be a beyond moronic appointment, can't believe people are serious about that

Well that depends whether he's got any badges, or is any good. It's worked for other clubs, promoting a player, if he's the right character and has the right qualifications then there's no reason to think that, with the right support, he'd make a bad manager. Of course there's not many reasons to think he'd be a good manager either, but then again that goes for a lot of the names being touted. And there's his knowledge of the club, positive relationships, the continuity he could offer...

But clearly the ideal situation would be to keep him as a player, and in a coaching capacity, and have a very good manager operating above him. As long a shot as it is, Klopp's not entirely unthinkable, and would be a great coup for the club. I'd be less inspired by Hoddle, Hiddink, perhaps even Big Sam. Whoever it is, though, they'll get my support. Sadly, Mark may well also be right - the slightest thing goes wrong and the City hotseat isn't going to be a good place to be.

I don't know, if my boss went over my head and fired my son because he was having sex in the same room as an idiot who was acting like an idiot at the time I might ask a question or two. Especially if The Mirror got it right and Pearson felt that the owners hadn't exactly been proactive in discouraging the aforementioned.

Pearson may have had lots of reasons to feel angry about it, none of which should lead to his demonisation or that of James Pearson: he might have been unhappy that his son received the same treatment as Hopper, but very different treatment to the club captain or, thus far, Danny Simpson, and I'd understand that. Just as I'd understand if he was unhappy with the part they'd played in the build-up to what happened in Thailand, or the public nature of the players' punishment. And, of course, he didn't quit or even agree to mutual consent and the 'vows of silence' they tend to bring with them, so it's not as if he'd walked on principle.

Personally, however, if nobody sat down with Pearson and said 'listen, we don't want these guys at the club and we know this is difficult for you, so how can we make it easier?' then that's shameful. But if I had to guess I'd say Thailand wasn't the reason, simply because as insane as it was, only a series of mind-boggling over-reactions and monumental mishandling on first the board's, and then possibly Pearson's, sides could have led to his sacking. 

There are other, better explanations. Even that far-fetched story that Cambiasso was somehow 'taking the lead' late in the season and is now stepping up to accept the crown would be more sensible, for me. Or that he didn't want to be bombarded with Asian players, or that they simply found someone whom they thought was better. It would be madness to have allowed that nonsense in Thailand to sway their decision. And, it's important to remember, it was their decision.

I would have thought if it was related to the thailand incident and the subsequent sacking of his son etc, that they would have axed Pearson Snr a week ago or better. I could see them holding off sacking those players til the media fuss died down a little bit, but there's no reason to drag out the sacking/replacing of your manager any longer than absolutely necessary. Possibly could have held off til they got the signings they were working on, but I would consider that unlikely as it's hardly the best way to welcome new players in.

Potentially an absolute disaster for the club, all because that stupid, stupid little **** Hopper got his phone out.

Once again, if the sacking has anything to do with NP's reaction to his sons dismissal it is not Pearson Jr's fault nor Hopper's fault nor anyone's fault but NP's.

I just hate all this. I really do. I felt like we were on to something really special... And now it's all gone.

Sure we might have a good season... But now we have uncertainty again.. Will players leave? Will some come? Will we get another manager who's any good? It almost feels like we will be starting last season again but with much more uncertainty...

Having read alot of the points on this thread a few I really take issue with.

Firstly people saying the owners have been brilliant and haven't made a bad decision yet. 

1. Getting rid of Pearson for a stylish big name in Sousa

2. Getting Sven in and allowing him to spunk money up the wall

3. Trying to get Martin O'Neill back and having to settle for Pearson as about the 5th choice when their other candidates rejected them.

4. Tapping up 'Arry when Pearson was struggling in the Championship.

5. Sacking Pearson in February before embarrassingly having to reinstate him.

6. Sacking Pearson now.

Sure they have thrown alot of moeny about in terms of giving us free Tshirts and beer, improved the training facilities. But their managerial decision have been absolutely shocking, and the only success they had was stumbling upon Pearson as a last resort. I have absolute zero faith they actually understand how to identify and recruit managers and this appointment at this stage in the clubs development could break us.

Secondly people saying Pearson isn't bigger than the club. Well actually he is the club from top to bottom. The desire that the players showed were not because they care for Leicester City but because they played for their manager. Just look in the last month of the statements of Huth, Fuchs, Schlupp, Schmeichel, Berner, Vardy saying how much they respected him they played for him. Without that togetherness we just become another souless club bringing in players who are here for the pay packet.

Thirdly people saying we have to support the new manager whoever it is. Well no we don't. We can show our disapproval as fans both in our voice and in attendance if the appointment is someone of the Redknapp/Dyche ilk. I can guarantee that the atmosphere generated in the 2nd half of last season will be lost,again something that took over 10 years at the stadium to find. Why should we blindly support something that we believe is completely wrong without any sort of explanation?

Excellent post.

I'm pretty shellshocked, really.

This is a major, major disaster. Just when I thought we were on the verge of another golden era that might have rivalled the MON days, this happens. Bloody typical.

I really can't see this season being a good one now. Whoever's appointed has got an uphill battle on their hands from day one. Imagine being given the job of trying to win us over right now. There was a real buzz around the club that has been blown out in one fell swoop. That great positive atmosphere that had been built up should not be taken for granted. There had better be a good reason for tearing that down, and we really need to be told what that reason is. I want specifics, not vague, bullshit weasel words.

Whoever we get will want their own players. This season was meant to be about us stepping it up a notch, now it will be about rebuilding and trying to survive at the same time.

Sure, we could possibly get a big name. Great. We've seen that not long ago and we all remember how well that turned out.

Managers like NP do not come along very often. I want to thank him for all that he's done. I was starting to hope that he might have stayed as long as a Wenger/Ferguson. I should have known it was too good to be true. And it's not just him. Walsh and Shakey will be gone shortly, and their work shouldn't be understated. We have a top notch scouting network currently, but that might well be about to become a thing of the past.

I've got very little faith that the owners will make the right appointment. Who is even available? I've seen Dyche and Southgate mentioned, and I'm going to have to assume that those are someone's idea of a hilarious joke. If we get someone of that calibre, I'm done. I'll spend Saturday afternoons counting iron filings or something. Someone like Allardyce might keep us in the division, but I really would not be thrilled if it's him.

To the few who are anything less than gutted, I feel like I need to warn you to lower your expectations. What reason have you got to believe the next appointment will be a good one?

Brace yourself. This could very easily be the new Sousa/Sven/Tater Peeler era.

Archived