Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

I'm afraid that, even if he has got something to do with this, the board still have a great deal more to answer for. It's not as if Pearson resigned, or left by mutual consent.

The board don't have to answer to you or me, or anybody.  They have a business worth north of a hundred million pounds.  Their bottom line what they need to answer, not fan's opinions.

I guarantee you, if we finish decently or even survive again, we will look back at this and probably say it was gutting but worked out in the end.  Should we go down, well then we can question it.

The board don't have to answer to you or me, or anybody.

No, but that doesn't mean we can't be unhappy about that. Football owners should have to answer to football fans. We give them an awful lot of money, many of us already have this season, the least we deserve is a reason. That they don't have to give us one is a failing of football in its current state, it shouldn't be seen as an acceptable situation.

Seriously, wtf are we doing ? What could be such a deal-breaker that we would do this now? We had a real chance of setting up again next season - NP's players and systems. Everyone knew what to do and what was expected. And now we go and jeopardise that for some bollox that we aren't being told about. Heartbreaking. We're still a bottom 8 squad. Why gamble that someone else might be able to get enough out of these guys to not be a bottom three squad. Just ridiculous.

Can not even begin to explain how gutted I am. I remember when we beat Sunderland 5-3 under O'Neill and it felt like everything had come together and we were about to go on to greatness. That's exactly how I felt at the end of last season, now I feel even worse then I did when Heskey left and O'Neil followed.

This is a stupid decision, when I think about the money I have spent supporting this club and collectively, it's us the fans that keep it alive and our opinion doesn't even come into the equation.

Football is a funny old game and in some ways I do question if I'm supporting a football club or really supporting a bunch of businessmen.

Best of luck Nige, you will do great things wherever you go.

A prized Season Ticket on the way, full of anticipation for the blood and thunder atmosphere of last season, a genuine belief that this set of players, with this manager, could carry on where they left off, consolidate their Premiership position and possibly better. Genuinely excited.

That was yesterday.

I have a 250 mile round trip to watch City at home. My initial reaction to the news: shock, disappointment, anger. Not really sure about that long drive any more. Can't remember ever feeling like this in all the 57 years I have followed the Club.

Can not even begin to explain how gutted I am. I remember when we beat Sunderland 5-3 under O'Neill and it felt like everything had come together and we were about to go on to greatness. That's exactly how I felt at the end of last season, now I feel even worse then I did when Heskey left and O'Neil followed.

This is a stupid decision, when I think about the money I have spent supporting this club and collectively, it's us the fans that keep it alive and our opinion doesn't even come into the equation.

Football is a funny old game and in some ways I do question if I'm supporting a football club or really supporting a bunch of businessmen.

Best of luck Nige, you will do great things wherever you go.

You are supporting both.  If they weren't businessmen there would not be the money to make the signings we all crave.  

As for our opinion, I prefer to offer them when I have enough information to give an informed one.  I don't think anyone can say they have that just now.

So this is the appropriate time? After signing three players, forging an entire squad, taking us up and securing a mid-table finish with league-winning end-of-season form?

And they did bankroll him, yes. But they bought a club which had just finished 5th with Pearson in charge, and it took them three more years to get back to the play-offs after they allowed Mandaric to usher him out, then Sousa and Sven in, as they prepared their takeover. We ended up being promoted 4 years after the play-offs in 2010. Back in 2010, the idea of four more years in the second tier would have been a disappointment. So do we credit the board, who endured plenty of misery and financial loss under their other two managers, or the single manager of theirs who was successful, and was also successful with very little money under totally different owners?

Back in January, February, March lots of people wondered whether Pearson should go, because it looked like that might be our best way to stay in the PL. This turned out to be not just wrong, but dramatically wrong. Nobody has any good, sensible reason to want Pearson out now, and especially not with the limited information given to us.

A week off the start of pre-season, a month and a half off play, smack bam at the end of the month, some signings made(dont know if they were debriefed on arrival / not) - I'd say the about perfect timing for circumstances

Things have changed significantly over the years and theyve been in the game and seen how its dealt with inside during that time, hopefully theyve learned and/or have good advisers . We shouldnt jump on their backs for this yet, only if we go down yes, but seeing people jumping up comparing them to Cardiff or Hulls owner is very disrespectful to where they have got us under their wing.

It seemed in those Nige out months there was a campaign from people who were generally drifters on the forum and complete newbies to get behind the Nigel out effort, the boys turned it around on the pitch and the sh1t sunk back into the ground. Now we have a new crisis situation and some of these boys are popping up again to only to what I can assume to be to confuse and get people wound up for whatever reason, not everyone involved obviously.

This isnt personal and we shouldnt be looking for people to blame right now. I'm gonna leave this for the night and see if the shock settles with people and if I'm reading people wrong, I still stand by my comments though

Seriously, wtf are we doing ? What could be such a deal-breaker that we would do this now? We had a real chance of setting up again next season - NP's players and systems. Everyone knew what to do and what was expected. And now we go and jeopardise that for some bollox that we aren't being told about. Heartbreaking. We're still a bottom 8 squad. Why gamble that someone else might be able to get enough out of these guys to not be a bottom three squad. Just ridiculous.

About sums it up for me Trent.

I fancied us to really kick on next season.

We'd ridden the storm, brought in some new additions and seemed settled.

Now the apple cart is upside down once more.

A ship needs a captain, if we go too long finding one, it could get messy.

A week off the start of pre-season, a month and a half off play, smack bam at the end of the month, some signings made(dont know if they were debriefed on arrival / not) - I'd say the about perfect timing for circumstances

Things have changed significantly over the years and theyve been in the game and seen how its dealt with inside during that time, hopefully theyve learned and/or have good advisers . We shouldnt jump on their backs for this yet, only if we go down yes, but seeing people jumping up comparing them to Cardiff or Hulls owner is very disrespectful to where they have got us under their wing.

It seemed in those Nige out months there was a campaign from people who were generally drifters on the forum and complete newbies to get behind the Nigel out effort, the boys turned it around on the pitch and the sh1t sunk back into the ground. Now we have a new crisis situation and some of these boys are popping up again to only to what I can assume to be to confuse and get people wound up for whatever reason, not everyone involved obviously.

This isnt personal and we shouldnt be looking for people to blame right now. I'm gonna leave this for the night and see if the shock settles with people and if I'm reading people wrong, I still stand by my comments though

This.  But, if Leicester people are known for anything, it certainly isn't holding their tongue  :whistle:

Excellent post mate - spot on.

The board don't have to answer to you or me, or anybody.  They have a business worth north of a hundred million pounds.  Their bottom line what they need to answer, not fan's opinions.

I guarantee you, if we finish decently or even survive again, we will look back at this and probably say it was gutting but worked out in the end.  Should we go down, well then we can question it.

Again, these are massive 'ifs'. First 'if' Pearson refused to do his job properly, then he should have been sacked. Now 'if' we have a good season we'll think it 'worked out in the end'. Well, I'm not sure that people would feel it 'worked out', as you suggest, were we to finish 17th but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Needless to say it could work out, much like at Southampton or Newcastle where they made similar moves, but at this moment in time we can only go on what we know. And we know that the club have just fired one of our most successful ever managers, a guy who took us up two divisions and kept us in the PL, who had invariably year-on-year taken the club forward. That, for all the world, looks like a lousy decision.

If we want to speculate, then look at the suggested reasons for his sacking: They include the fact that they fired his son after he had sex with someone on their property, after they'd told their employees to 'give these lads whatever they want' (according to the Mirror, of course, if that's to be trusted) and NP wasn't happy about it so they fired him; and that they wanted to bring in loads of big money Asian players but he didn't, or perhaps they just fancied a more famous manager (Sven, anyone?). None of these reasons point towards Pearson deserving the sack.

It's a bad decision. Good things may happen in the future, at some time or other, but it's still a bad decision. Take the firing of Taylor - that was a good decision, even though it didn't work out for us. Little's and McGhee's resignations were, from our perspective, horrible outcomes, even though they worked out beautifully thanks to O'Neill. Right here, now, this decision doesn't make sense. And refusing to give anyone any reason for the sacking is hardly going to help the board's case.

And no, they don't have to answer to me. Neither did Shipman, George, Smeaton, Elsom, Walker, Holmes, Mandaric. Or any of the players / managers for that matter. I don't see what this has to do with anything. The club, and its history before them and future after them, are important to us but not to our owners. But as fans and critics we've seen good decisions and bad decisions from people who were excellent businessmen but knew nothing about football. They happen everywhere, all the time. And after what's happened today, there are significantly fewer reasons for believing that this board are going to be any better.

No no no no no no no absolutely ruined my season. / life . Ridiculous. Don't care who comes in. Mental. Want to swear but can't. No no no no

No no no no no

Go for it, it's a ****ing c***y shit crap twat of a decision, no reason not to say it.

No, but that doesn't mean we can't be unhappy about that. Football owners should have to answer to football fans. We give them an awful lot of money, many of us already have this season, the least we deserve is a reason. That they don't have to give us one is a failing of football in its current state, it shouldn't be seen as an acceptable situation.

Excellent post. The notion that 'these guys don't have to answer to anyone' has been used for every malfunctioning institution since the slave trade. It's not a valid defence.

The only part I dont understand is, is that if they have sacked him due to differences of opinion on the way forwards for the club, why did they not sack him for the same reason with 28 games gone when we were dead and buried by all accounts?

because junior hadnt bonked them thai bints 28 games in

FFS, all season everyone has been banging on about what amazing owners we have, now suddenly they are the shit on our shoes. Get a grip people, I know this is hard news to take, I'm currently as gutted as the next man but this is football and football is business. The owners are not going to want to be relegated for obvious financial reasons, I'm pretty sure being the astute businessmen they are that they have probably got a plan of action which doesn't involve them losing a shit load of money and publicity.

Managers come and go, the club stays. We have had bright days and dark days, it's the infinite story of football. Things can change in a split second. Imagine if we landed Klopp? The owners would be heros again and so on and so forth.

We are LCFC so lets ****ing ave it.

I think theyve lost the plot. The timing is bizarre.

Currently have two fit CMs on our books, we won't be signing one while we don't have a manager.

How is the timing bizarre? If you're going to sack a manager, the close season is the perfect time to do it.

Archived