Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

The only bit of salvation I can take is that the 'anti Pearson' brigade will never get to say 'I told you so' if and when it eventually went sour. 

Nigel has left on a high and will go down as a club great. People who stuck by him were rewarded at the end of the season with survival. Thanks Nigel and team for everything that you have done. 

Guest MattP

The only bit of salvation I can take is that the 'anti Pearson' brigade will never get to say 'I told you so' if and when it eventually went sour. 

Nigel has left on a high and will go down as a club great. People who stuck by him were rewarded at the end of the season with survival. Thanks Nigel and team for everything that you have done. 

Amen to that.

I doubt we'll ever know the reasons why. When the sex tape came out, it was pretty unanimous that the 3 involved should be sacked for bringing the club into disrepute.

Pearson himself has been guilty of this on more than one occasion this season so if reports are true that he kicked up a fuss about his son being sacked, it was probably just the straw that broke the camels back.

Suprised at the timing but not that its finally happened.

Everyone going on about Southampton and Adkins. For every one of those situations there's at least two or three where sacking the manager like this ends up going tits up with a shit appointment who needs replacing by October. Adkins was also replaced half way through the season when Southampton were already doing pretty well. Added to that, he was replaced pretty much immediately as Southampton had already sounded out Pochettino. This sacking strikes me as one where the board don't have an immediate idea of who they want to replace Pearson. It's nice to comfort yourself with the idea that the board may appoint someone on another level to Pearson. However, their track record of hiring managers hardly strikes me as one to put my faith in!

So it's the morning after the night that was. 

As you all know I was never his biggest fan but I won't decry his achievements as a manager and like many have pointed out, I am a little surprised at the timing of his dismissal. 

Nevertheless, I don't think now is the time to start turning on our owners. Without this family and their predecessor, we would never have been able to stay afloat as a club and now because of Vichai, Aiyawatt et al, as supporters we can say at least we own our ground and the whole dynamic of the club is far better today than it was before them. That is their achievement, not exclusively Nigel's.

So to the future. I want us to have a manager with some continental flair who will make these potentially excellent players we already have into a passing footballing side. A side who aren't afraid to give it a go in cup competitions and also have real ambitions of taking us to a higher echelon we have never yet experienced as fans. Looking round you know the obvious candidates but two names I've seen feature on the list I like are De Boer and Cocu. NP was no ones first choice 7 years ago...

All I am saying everyone is thus; Keep an open mind.

Guest MattP

Everyone going on about Southampton and Adkins. For every one of those situations there's at least two or three where sacking the manager like this ends up going tits up with a shit appointment who needs replacing by October. Adkins was also replaced half way through the season when Southampton were already doing pretty well. Added to that, he was replaced pretty much immediately as Southampton had already sounded out Pochettino. This sacking strikes me as one where the board don't have an immediate idea of who they want to replace Pearson. It's nice to comfort yourself with the idea that the board may appoint someone on another level to Pearson. However, their track record of hiring managers hardly strikes me as one to put my faith in!

This.

Given they have already made this mistake once with Nigel Pearson there can be no forgiveness at all if they cock it up again.

This.

Given they have already made this mistake once with Nigel Pearson there can be no forgiveness at all if they cock it up again.

This next appointment is arguably one of the most important in Leicester's recent history. As much as Nige has done for us and as much as I thought he could really take us places, we could hire someone is able to do just the same. The problem is I think we had that person and those sorts of managers aren't easy to find at all. Let's just hope they find themselves some good advisors who know what a bloody good manager looks like.

What a ****ing joke absolute shocking decision, was really looking forward to the new season now it's got relegation written all over it . Hope I'm wrong , we need to get a top class replacement and fast

Woke up today feeling even angrier than yesterday.

I can't believe how much enthusiasm I have lost for next season, transfers, football in general.

I was going to post something but this pretty much sums up how I feel. I'm totally deflated and just cannot understand how this has happened, dreadful timing, a completely daft decision and we're the laughing stock of football.

Guest MattP

This next appointment is arguably one of the most important in Leicester's recent history. As much as Nige has done for us and as much as I thought he could really take us places, we could hire someone is able to do just the same. The problem is I think we had that person and those sorts of managers aren't easy to find at all. Let's just hope they find themselves some good advisors who know what a bloody good manager looks like.

Let's hope so, I agree it's the most important change in our history and they simply have to get it right. Apart from sacking Pearson last time I can't ever remember a time when we actually chose to get rid of an extremely successful manager.

The previous appointments of these people fill me with dread about what is going to happen.

Woke up today feeling even angrier than yesterday.

I can't believe how much enthusiasm I have lost for next season, transfers, football in general.

Me too. It didn't really sink in last night, today I am absolutely fuming. All the hope and enjoyment I had for next season has gone at the minute.

Well that certainly came as a shock. Brother called me to say i have some news for you. Heres me thinking he knocked some bird up lol

Think its safe to assume some sort of argument has taken place. This isnt just the owners deciding one day to change managers. Its also safe to assume if an argument took place it would be over his son.

Im gutted he has gone. With the signings and players like Schluup signing new contracts i was really looking forward to the new season with real belief that we would stay up comfortably. Now i have no idea how to feel. Will the players feel demoralised? Will Cambiasso sign now?

Big thanks to Pearson for the work he has done but now we need to move forward. Who will be the next manager? I would put money on it being Big Sam

If it was James Pearson's antics that have caused this, I can't really understand what Nige would have done. 

He knew after what happened his son would have been let go, I doubt he would have demanded for him to be kept. Maybe it was the way the owners went about it that he didn't like?

Letting him spend £10m on players is weird, there must have have been an incident rather than them just deciding to sack him because they're fed up

Quite possibly he has no say in the transfers, it's all with Walsh and Rudkin, would certainly explain the signing of players who subsequently barely featured.

Walsh does the transfers, Shakespeare the coaching and Pearson the tactics and man management stuff. That would be my guess based on what's been going on

My heart sunk when I read the news today.

This was supposed to be a happy day before I have Thursday and Friday off, receiving family guests for five days...

This has turned my day completely sour :(:dry::mad::cry:

I fecking hate James Pearson, the massive ****

The owners have been in football a while now so I assume they have learnt from the Sven days. We can say this is our club all we like but it is theirs. Failure to make the right decision could cost them £100m plus, I'd say ours and their interests are fully aligned.

If it was James Pearson's antics that have caused this, I can't really understand what Nige would have done. 

He knew after what happened his son would have been let go, I doubt he would have demanded for him to be kept. Maybe it was the way the owners went about it that he didn't like?

Criticised the shape of his eyes and rated him 1 out of 10, then fired him?

Let's hope so, I agree it's the most important change in our history and they simply have to get it right. Apart from sacking Pearson last time I can't ever remember a time when we actually chose to get rid of an extremely successful manager.

The previous appointments of these people fill me with dread about what is going to happen.

Me too. It didn't really sink in last night, today I am absolutely fuming. All the hope and enjoyment I had for next season has gone at the minute.

Pearson has been successful but not at this level, at least to the owners expectations.

Archived