Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

People talking like we were nailed on for top-6 under Pearson lol lol

Come on guys, last season we finished where any decent manager would have has us finishing with that squad. Pearson was never good enough for top 6.

I don't think so, in terms of quality we would have gone down without the togetherness of the players under Pearson

Yes the great escape was good but who got us into that position in the first place, it was clear from early results against Everton and Arsenal that the squad was good enough so it must have been a combination of bad management, bad tactics and poor team selection which got us sitting at the bottom of the table for so long.

Maybe we stayed up despite Pearson and not because of him?

And I for one am quite glad that our owners have taken a moral stand, it's refreshing to see that managing a club is not just about results but about how the manager and players conduct themselves, if players are behaving in a manner such as the Thailand incident that can only have been filtered down from the management.

So lets move forward from here and get a manager that can win games and run the club with a bit of pride and decorum.

I can certainly understand why people would think the same as yourself so im not going to bash you on here. Lets just remember that Pearson got us 2 title winning promotions and the great escape. Yes we had some bad times but we also had some incredible times. Every manager goes through differences in form/makes wrong decisions (in hindsight)etc.

There were some antics that Pearson could have dealt with better than he did i totally agree but we stayed up because the players believed in and played for Pearson. No question the great escape was achieved BECAUSE of Pearson.

Even though thats your way of thinking i would hope the likes of yourself and others with the same mindset could still take a step back and look on what Pearson did for us as a club and conclude that he did a fantastic job for us and would thank him for his efforts.

You assume they've learnt since 2010? Wasn't that when they suggested Pearson make way for Paulo Sousa? It doesn't look like they've learnt.

And just because they want us to do well and are rich is no guarantee. They're successful businessmen in Thailand where they've enjoyed the backing, and of course the name, of a king who's been accused of corruptly repressing democracy for decades. This doesn't make them experts at running a football club, as we saw last time we forced Pearson out.

In fact they've been involved in three decisions to oust Pearson. The first time they succeeded and it went horribly wrong. The second they backed out and it went unbelievably right. How it is we're so optimistic about the third, I don't know.

I'm not optimistic, I just have to believe that seemingly intelligent people learn over time. I think sacking NP is a mistake but I'm hoping they understand what makes a good manager better now and use that in the new manager search

Fook the club, I'm veering between shock, anger and sadness. It is a minor version of grieving.

We've sacked the man who was a perfect fit for the club and was building a dynasty. The team spirit under Nigel was as good as I can ever remember post MON if not just as good. We were lucky to find a manager like that and we've binned him off.

I thought he'd be here for years like some other poster has said, and now it's going to really hurt to watch him be super successful with some other club when he should have been having his success here.

Fook the owners, I've had nothing bad to say about them up until now but sacking Pearson is such a bad error that I hate them now.

start a new thread, I'm in

So basically 'fook the club' then eh?

OK, hope you enjoy 'supporting' whatever club he ends up at, as clearly you are a Pearson supporter and not a Leicester City supporter.

Club > Manager

Come on guys, last season we finished where any decent manager would have has us finishing with that squad. Pearson was never good enough for top 6.

The squad he built. He has improved us every single year without fail and he has been sacked. Very very risky move.

Of course I know he did a fantastic job, I've been a city fan since the Pleat years so believe me I can be grateful for everything Pearson has done.

But i think this sacking is on a par with Southampton sacking Nigel Adkins, everyone thought it was mental but the board wanted to step up to the next level and bringing in the right manager next was crucial to achieving that.

Whoever we appoint I think will show what are  intentions for next season are.

Thanks for a reasonable and polite response, unlike some people on here that just called me an idiot or a twat.

lol

Pearson will never be good enough to get us promoted. Done. That was down to the players, not Pearson

Pearson will never keep us in the Prem. Done. Any half decent manager would've kept us up.

There are some utter morons on here

Fook the club, I'm veering between shock, anger and sadness. It is a minor version of grieving.

We've sacked the man who was a perfect fit for the club and was building a dynasty. The team spirit under Nigel was as good as I can ever remember post MON if not just as good. We were lucky to find a manager like that and we've binned him off.

I thought he'd be here for years like some other poster has said, and now it's going to really hurt to watch him be super successful with some other club when he should have been having his success here.

Fook the owners, I've had nothing bad to say about them up until now but sacking Pearson is such a bad error that I hate them now.

start a new thread, I'm in

So who else is in? We must not allow ourselves to be taken for granted. This is clearly a mistake and the owners need to know about it!

Of course I know he did a fantastic job, I've been a city fan since the Pleat years so believe me I can be grateful for everything Pearson has done.

But i think this sacking is on a par with Southampton sacking Nigel Adkins, everyone thought it was mental but the board wanted to step up to the next level and bringing in the right manager next was crucial to achieving that.

Whoever we appoint I think will show what are  intentions for next season are.

Thanks for a reasonable and polite response, unlike some people on here that just called me an idiot or a twat.

This is why i think Big Sam will be offered the job. Owners intentions will be to survive in the prem and whether we like it or not he is the best option to do that.

I actually think you're an idiot and a twat :thumbup: (just kidding) lol

Nigel was building something special here - anyone could see that. Improvement year on year, building a talented squad with strength in depth, the players and fans 100% behind him. And now we've actually chosen to throw it all away.

The owners have prioritised the club's image in Thailand over the footballing side of things and the wishes of (nearly) all the Leicester City fans.

It's a disgrace. 

kingcarr21, I am most of the time!

Just dont like being called it simply for having a differing view.

foxfanazer,

So someone that has a different point of view from you is an utter moron?

It's not about you having a different view to everyone else. It's about that view being utterly moronic.

"fans 100% behind him"

Must have took you a while to ask every single Leicester fan if they were behind Pearson.

If you weren't behind him this pre-season after everything he's done for the club then you must be ****ing stupid. 

I don't understand this notion that other people were pulling the strings to enable us to survive. If Pearson is arrogant, stubborn, set in his ways, why would he do exactly as others tell him?

Pearson was responsible for the tactics, set-up, style which saw us bottom of the table. He was also responsible for changing formation, personnel and style to give us a better chance of winning. He learned, just in time, what was required.

Nigel was building something special here - anyone could see that. Improvement year on year, building a talented squad with strength in depth, the players and fans 100% behind him. And now we've actually chosen to throw it all away.

The owners have prioritised the club's image in Thailand over the footballing side of things and the wishes of (nearly) all the Leicester City fans.

It's a disgrace. 

You don't know for sure either of those two things though, do you?

Got to love the narrow minded, obnoxious arrogance of some people on this board.

If you don't agree with me you're a twat and a moron.

How arrogant that you think your opinion is any better or more valid than someone else's.

I'm right and you're a twat.

You don't know for sure either of those two things though, do you?

I know he hasn't been sacked for footballing reasons - so he must have been sacked for his off the field antics/image.

The footballing side of the club has to be the priority, and here it clearly isn't as they've sacked him when the club is quite clearly moving in the right direction. 

You're right though, I'm assuming. Hopefully there is more to this than we know. 

We came 14th in our first season back ffs.

This bollocks about Cambiasso taking charge of things is just what some people want to think. Are you stupid enough to really believe that happened?

That is a rumour that i heard back in Easter that Cambiasso, representing the players, went to see NP with another and express concerns with formation and players. now this rumour was around before we went on that amazing run. Why Albrighton wasn't played from the start was an absolute mind boggling conundrum. Now, if that was the case, it makes sense that the owners had their reservations about him. NP is recalcitrant, arrogant, argumentative, stubborn, a bully, and slow to adapt. You can get away with those attributes when you are SAF, but maybe he just rubbed the owners up the wrong way too much. I am inclined to believe that Camby did go and see NP. maybe that is why he agreed terms with teh club 2 days ago but hasnt signed...maybe he will sign now that NP has gone...maybe he will have a coaching role...who knows. 

I know a lot of people have already mentioned it but presumably there was some kind of "bust up" (not necessarily that dramatic, but you know what I mean) that lead to the decision. He wasn't fired during the low points (well, not by Top AND Vichai), and he'd been backed in the transfer market to date, so it doesn't look like it was planned. Especially if there's no one lined up straight away (which it looks like at the moment). And I don't buy the "he was forced to sign Okazaki" thing because we'd been tracking him for ages.

Obviously that's all conjecture, but so far in this thread there's been a lot more wild speculation than the above lol I've always been a big fan and what he's done for us is awesome. Without knowing all the ins and outs I'm not going to start calling for the owners' heads though. I do worry about who they might appoint mind...

Archived