Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

This has really put a downer on my expectations for next season. This season I was really proud of the team and no matter what happened through thick and thin the players stuck with the manager which is testament to how much they believed in his qualities.

What I'm also worried about now is what the atmosphere will be like at the club if our new manager doesn't get off to a good start. As fans this year and being bottom of the league for months the atmosphere at the ground was very decent and we backed the team win or loss. However if we as fans start the season with a bad taste in out mouth from the Pearson sacking and don't hit the ground running I really think the atmosphere may turn toxic. We let mistakes and easy goals slide this year and there was hardly a game where the players were booed or lambasted, but I have a bad feeling about how this season will pan out if we don't get off to a good start.

The owners have not done alot wrong, infact they've done nothing wrong until now...This is a massive wrong though, for the moment, until i've reflected abit, see what comes out in the wash during the next few days i've lost alot of respect for our owners.

Some might argue the 'showing new owners and Paulo Sousa around the club in May 2010' episode to have been the first of their various bizarre decisions. And backing the appointments of Sousa and Sven. And letting Sven loose with their wallet.

Pretty much the main thing they got right was re-appointing Pearson and sticking with him, even though they wasted three years between play-off finishes due to getting rid of him (and, of course, it cost us millions to get him back) and eventually got promoted several years after the club would most probably have got promoted had Pearson stayed in charge and our owners never come anywhere near the club.

So to see them sacking him because he's a big nasty man would have to go some way to undoing any goodwill they've accumulated. Yes, yes, they're rich and happy to throw money at their football club, I know, but if this decision doesn't work out very, very well for them, then they're going to go down as some of the most spectacular idiots in our history.

They've done a lot wrong. Appointing Sven and the entire approach under him was awful. God knows what happened when Pearson was sacked during the season but that was shambolic and their fault. And this is wrong. Whereas almost every brilliant decision made by the club in recent years can be attributed to Nigel Pearson and his team. The owners have done very little to earn the inexplicable levels of faith most people seem to have in them.

The Thais were undoubtedly misguided over the appointment of SGE but then go back to MM who allowed Pearson to talk to Hull City when they had shown an interest. How would that make you feel as manager? Mistakes and errors are made by everyone and no-one on here knows the full facts and I doubt whether we ever will.

Not surprised.  I said this would happen way back around March.  Stay up and he goes, go down and he stays. I am a little surprised by the timing though, especially with the signings that have happened.  This is a big gamble, I can only think that there has been talks going on in the background for a little while and I would hope that we get a new guy in asap. 

This seems to have been a pretty big and sudden fall out. What if persons response to his sons sacking was as vile as what was in the video? Does this prove right those that said people wouldn't have been so outraged if the players involved had been first teamers?

I'm as shocked and upset as everyone but there is some massive over reaction on here, we don't know what happened but if he flew of the handle at his bosses over his sons sacking then there is only going to be one loser.

I think we should calm down until we know more about what has happened as I don't think this is a decision that would have been taken lightly and probably taken knowing the emotional response it will evoke.

I don't think we should be slating the owners.

If their relationship with has irreparably broken down - which appears to be the case - then there's only going to be one outcome.

It's a shame, obviously, but these things happen. People fall out with their bosses in any job.

Clearly it relates to his idiot son and his sordid antics.

Yes.

Just for the benefit of people reading, any posts or threads that aren't uniformly negative are being deleted, so this thread isn't really representative of fans views. We're not all crying. Some of us have ambition. But that's not allowed on Foxestalk apparently lol how strange for a discussion forum to not allow discussion

Why couldn't you have simply posted your opinion about Pearson's sacking in the Pearson's sacking thread?

Not sure if it's been posted already, but Dorsett seems fairly certain that it was on the back of Pearson Jr's sacking. Nigel and the owners alledgedly falling out daily since. Can't defend a man defending that. Equally, you can't fault a man for defending his child, irrespective of the age of that 'child'. I'm still devastated. Nigel may have made his bed, but those three muppets forced him to climb in. His own son of all people made him lie in it.

I really think we have to hold fire before blaming James Pearson. And, of course, it's worth remembering that his son was basically fired for having sex in the same room as an idiot. Even after the nonsense in Thailand, the slightest bit of diplomacy and consideration from the board could have avoided any fall-out with the manager, and that includes if they'd decided it was time for him to move on.

So if it's connected to what happened in Thailand (when they manager's son was recorded having sex with someone while someone else made a load of dumb comments, in a hotel which belongs to our owners, after our owners had instructed their staff to 'get the players whatever they want') then the board have still managed to handle the matter poorly, regardless of how much Pearson wanted to defend his boy.

But it's a massive assumption to say Thailand was the deciding factor. And even if it was, the board would have a great deal more challenging questions to answer than James or Nigel Pearson. I mean, what would they say? Do you really think Nige is in favour of calling Thai girls 'slit eyes'? If his position was 'it was wrong, but my son shouldn't be sacked', then would that be a just cause for getting rid of one of your most successful ever managers?

What a load of bull.  This is the same Mirror that triggered this whole thing by running a sex video over and over again, even though it was clearly just a bunch of drunken kids who got in over their head.

you can't fault a man for defending his child, irrespective of the age of that 'child'.  Nigel may have made his bed, but those three muppets forced him to climb in.

Yes you most definitely can.  It is not a parents job to defend their child under any circumstances.

No they didn't.  If Pearson supported his child then he made that decision as an adult of free mind.  

Even if Pearson wasn't already on shaky ground (as a result of his own actions) he is an absolute twat to let his support of his son lead to this and the owners are completely in the right to sack him.

The Thais were undoubtedly misguided over the appointment of SGE but then go back to MM who allowed Pearson to talk to Hull City when they had shown an interest. How would that make you feel as manager? Mistakes and errors are made by everyone and no-one on here knows the full facts and I doubt whether we ever will.

If you recall, Pearson said the new owners were being shown around at the same time as Sousa, during the PO first leg. The widely held opinion, until they went begging back to Pearson, was that our new owners wanted a 'continental name'. It was even printed as fact in the Mercury, for what it's worth.

The real fear is that it seems to be Pearson that holds the place together. The club is in a farcical state, relegated, Pearson takes over, championship, play-offs (albeit disappointment), leaves. New owners, new manager, get smacked away at Portsmouth, sacked. New manager, throws money at anything and everything, money bags Leicester now in a farcical state again, get smacked at home to Millwall, sacked. Pearson returns, play-offs (albeit disappointment), championship, survival, sacked. Again. One step forward, two steps back. Spare me.

This is the biggest point for me.

And why did Pearson return?

Because the owners listened to the views of the senior squad members about who would be best for the job.

Would hate to think that 6 months down the line they're going to Morgan, Vardy and Schmeichel asking the same question and getting the same answer.

Archived