Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

I think the players/ team and formation for the later games were picked by many i know and many on here before Pearson, possibly he was being pigheaded

Lets not forget the amount of times you'd hear the team sheet and think he'd lost the plot.

Birch said on the radio that Cambiaso mapped out our survival on paper and shown Pearson, the most important person at the club and responsible for the great run IMO

Choice between Pearson or Cambiaso this season???? Interesting one. (assuming we don't get some numpty in)

• Dropping Hamer although did little wrong.
  • Persevered with  Konchesky at left back although making several mistakes and being caught, Jeff proved many times he had the pace and was better
  • Simpson right back slow and cumbersome, Delait needed a short break but was a far better prospect
  • Dropping Wasilewski in favor of Upson who he thought was the saviour WTF
  • Wes was under performing for a few games and maybe needed a rest
  • Handling of Kararic was bizarre, too many to list.
  • Albrighton being left out for what seemed like spite when obvious Ulloa needed him, we could all see that.
  • ​Tom Lawrence undeserved and odd appearance.
  • Forever changing the side for no apparent reason, players playing well and then being dropped.
  • There's plenty more.

I missed this last night so the shock has only just hit me.

NP had many critics last season if you look at what a manager has to do:

1.  Identify and attract players that will improve the squad - successful.

2.  Pick the teams and formations likely to bring the most success - many problems in this area last season but towards the end success was achieved.  Managers develop as well as players and I credit NP with improving substantially in that area.

3.  Motivate the players to give their best - IMO he has an exceptional talent in this area.

The loss of someone the players so obviously were happy with as manager and wanted to play for will hit the squad hard.  A swift, credible appointment of someone with excellent man-management skills will be needed to prevent the transfer requests coming in.  I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs are already approaching some of our key players.

I would love to be proved wrong but I can't see a replacement moving the club forward as NP would most likely have done next season.  The owners may have acted on their principles but they have taken a massive gamble with our club's future.

<p>

I think the players/ team and formation for the later games were picked by many i know and many on here before Pearson, possibly he was being pigheaded

Lets not forget the amount of times you'd hear the team sheet and think he'd lost the plot.

Birch said on the radio that Cambiaso mapped out our survival on paper and shown Pearson, the most important person at the club and responsible for the great run IMO

Choice between Pearson or Cambiaso this season???? Interesting one. (assuming we don't get some numpty in)

• Dropping Hamer although did little wrong.
  • Persevered with Konchesky at left back although making several mistakes and being caught, Jeff proved many times he had the pace and was better
  • Simpson right back slow and cumbersome, Delait needed a short break but was a far better prospect
  • Dropping Wasilewski in favor of Upson who he thought was the saviour WTF
  • Wes was under performing for a few games and maybe needed a rest
  • Handling of Kararic was bizarre, too many to list.
  • Albrighton being left out for what seemed like spite when obvious Ulloa needed him, we could all see that.
  • ​Tom Lawrence undeserved and odd appearance.
  • Forever changing the side for no apparent reason, players playing well and then being dropped.
  • There's plenty more.
We came 14th in our first season back ffs.

This bollocks about Cambiasso taking charge of things is just what some people want to think. Are you stupid enough to really believe that happened?

Allardyce please. The last thing we need is a change in style.

What's weird for me is that Shakey and Walsh went with him last time, so what's different now?

As close as they've always been, maybe everyone has had enough of him now. Not saying that's what I think or even that sacking him was right, but with previous rumours of Rudkin wanting him out months ago, and Walsh seeming happy talking about okazaki maybe there's been a bit of a coup.

I wouldn't be surprised if they follow him out the door next week, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they still have a big part to play next season.

Don't post on here often, but got to get my thought's out to you guys/girls.

I think the Thai's are naive, and were scared of what the Thai people were saying back home.  In a effort to keep on track of their " next level" which really in their eyes is making LCFC massive in Thailand selling whistles and hats and not giving a dam about the clubs progress up the table.  Premiership football is enough for them to carry out their plan.

Nigel was building a army worthy of invading the top 6, possibly more.  This stupid move is going to have us become one of those clubs that just float like a West Ham, Fulham (when they were here), Stoke, Charlton (when they were here).  Then, like Wigan we'll win a F.A cup when previously flirting with relegation and after that, a collapse and return back to the Championship. Who knows after that.

Lost loads of trust in the Thai's, I don't care who they got lined up.  They are naive and care more about image back home then us Leicester people that are bonded to our club and city.  Keep your clappers and free tshirts, don't spoon feed us 10K seats in the stadium thinking it will all be ok.   

Pearson was only voicing his opinion on bringing his son back as any parent would do, trying it on given his position.  The board should have swallowed the bitter pill, bought him back make him do PR work out in the community, job done.  We keep Nigel for years and grow huge.  F**K knows where we going from here.  If Sean Dyce comes in or Harry Rednapp, i'm going to take up a new life.  A life without this circus club under these naive Thai boys.

Fu%King clappers

The owners have been in football a while now so I assume they have learnt from the Sven days. We can say this is our club all we like but it is theirs. Failure to make the right decision could cost them £100m plus, I'd say ours and their interests are fully aligned.

You assume they've learnt since 2010? Wasn't that when they suggested Pearson make way for Paulo Sousa? It doesn't look like they've learnt.

And just because they want us to do well and are rich is no guarantee. They're successful businessmen in Thailand where they've enjoyed the backing, and of course the name, of a king who's been accused of corruptly repressing democracy for decades. This doesn't make them experts at running a football club, as we saw last time we forced Pearson out.

In fact they've been involved in three decisions to oust Pearson. The first time they succeeded and it went horribly wrong. The second they backed out and it went unbelievably right. How it is we're so optimistic about the third, I don't know.

We came 14th in our first season back ffs.

This bollocks about Cambiasso taking charge of things is just what some people want to think. Are you stupid enough to really believe that happened?

Honestly can't believe that the same people who accuse Pearson of being 'pig-headed', 'arrogant' and unflexible, or unwilling to change, also think he'd just sit back and basically let Cambiasso manage his team for the relegation run-in. You can't have it both ways.

First thoughts when the news broke were that the owners must have someone lined up given the timing of it.

As before when the news broke of Pearsons 'sacking' I said its only a bad decision if the right man isn't appointed. Its a shame things have worked out this way but Nigel hasn't been helped by his own antics and that of his son.

The owners or Susan Whelan should make a statement to explain the reasoning in full, and answer any worthwhile media questions.

To slightly improve their reputation on this stance.

This is not going down well at all is it.

I think the owners have a lot to answer for, and until then, they will lose a lot of respect from the fans.

No it's not going down well at all. Nigel Pearson did more for this club in the last 20 years than anyone else and that includes Martin O'Neill. He's looked upon with rose tinted glasses to the past and he was a good manager for Leicester City but Nigel Pearson brought us back from the lows of League 1 all the way up to the Premier League. Stack them 2 next to each other and Nigel wins hands down on record.

The Thais have pissed that all up the wall and for what? Because his son got pissed and was filmed by somebody else having it off with some Thai brasses. Absolutely ridiculous.

The owners or Susan Whelan should make a statement to explain the reasoning in full, and answer any worthwhile media questions.

To slightly improve their reputation on this stance.

Wont happen though.....the lawyers will have told everyone to say nothing, and i would imaging that they will have agreed to pay NP the rest of his contract in return for a confidentiality clause

I think it's a mistake of truly epic proportions. Believe Pearson would have delivered what the Thai's wanted in terms of success.

BUT - the bloke is a cocky idiot sometimes and really doesn't help himself. I imagine his pig headed and stubborn attitude finally caught up with him. I think we'll all regret it - him included.

I'm really disappointed that NP has gone.

After years of garbage and uncertainty pre-Pearson 1st stint, we seemed to have regained some stability during Pearson's 2nd stint.

I don't know what to think. Will we push-on under a new manager or will we be in another relegation battle?

Will Foxhateram's Optimistic Bus see the light of day next season?

What a disappointing epitaph to the 'Great Escape'.

Thanks NP for eventually getting us from the Levein/Kelly/Allen/Megson/Holloway/Sousa/SGA (not to mention the caretakers!!) shite to a position of respectability.

Wont happen though.....the lawyers will have told everyone to say nothing, and i would imaging that they will have agreed to pay NP the rest of his contract in return for a confidentiality clause

It's possible, but normally the confidentiality clauses come when there's a 'mutual consent' termination, which is no doubt what the board would have wanted in order to salvage their own credibility. If he's been fired without any degree of mutual consent, as appears to be the case, then he could well be free to say whatever he wishes. Under a standard contract he'd be entitled to the rest of his pay without having to agree to anything.

At least this has stopped the Pearson Out threads.

The only thing keeping me going is thinking about those poor Bentleys Roof posters who were 'never going back while Pearson is manager' two years ago standing no chance of getting a season ticket.

Guest MattP

The only thing keeping me going is thinking about those poor Bentleys Roof posters who were 'never going back while Pearson is manager' two years ago standing no chance of getting a season ticket.

And the fact they can now never ever claim to have been proven right on him. He leaves after (another) hugely successful season.

Yes the great escape was good but who got us into that position in the first place, it was clear from early results against Everton and Arsenal that the squad was good enough so it must have been a combination of bad management, bad tactics and poor team selection which got us sitting at the bottom of the table for so long.

Maybe we stayed up despite Pearson and not because of him?

And I for one am quite glad that our owners have taken a moral stand, it's refreshing to see that managing a club is not just about results but about how the manager and players conduct themselves, if players are behaving in a manner such as the Thailand incident that can only have been filtered down from the management.

So lets move forward from here and get a manager that can win games and run the club with a bit of pride and decorum.

Yes the great escape was good but who got us into that position in the first place, it was clear from early results against Everton and Arsenal that the squad was good enough so it must have been a combination of bad management, bad tactics and poor team selection which got us sitting at the bottom of the table for so long.

Maybe we stayed up despite Pearson and not because of him?

And I for one am quite glad that our owners have taken a moral stand, it's refreshing to see that managing a club is not just about results but about how the manager and players conduct themselves, if players are behaving in a manner such as the Thailand incident that can only have been filtered down from the management.

So lets move forward from here and get a manager that can win games and run the club with a bit of pride and decorum.

You're right. He did get us into that position to begin with, the position being the Premier League, starting from League 1. Not only did he get us to the Premier League, he led us to 14th in our first season. 

I've followed City for 40 years and have seen some shocks along the way ..... But this has to be the biggest shock of them all.

Whilst I wasn't a massive fan of NP for a good while he'd completely won me around with the last third of last season and I was looking forward to this season with him in charge .... we seem to be signing really good players and it was all going so smoothly .....

I'm in shock!!!

Lets Protest!! [new thread?]

It's clear that many of us are angry and upset at this news. It smacks of the club's non-football management allowing personality, politics, or PR quibbles to get in the way of the interests of the team. So what are we waiting for - lets organise and let the owners know what we think. 

If all members and season ticket holders emailed the club and asked for a refund it would give then something to think about. The chairman might realise that Nigel is more important than his son or the CEO in protecting his investment - and a new senior team brought in. Unlikely, I know, but we ought to show the owners that they cannot take us for granted - and if we don't make a noise then what other unpopular decisions might they make?

How could we organise this? Is email best or should we call? If you care, GET INVOLVED!

New poster here btw - city fan of 20+ years and occassional visitor to FT over last couple of years.

Fook the club, I'm veering between shock, anger and sadness. It is a minor version of grieving.

We've sacked the man who was a perfect fit for the club and was building a dynasty. The team spirit under Nigel was as good as I can ever remember post MON if not just as good. We were lucky to find a manager like that and we've binned him off.

I thought he'd be here for years like some other poster has said, and now it's going to really hurt to watch him be super successful with some other club when he should have been having his success here.

Fook the owners, I've had nothing bad to say about them up until now but sacking Pearson is such a bad error that I hate them now.

Lets Protest!! [new thread?]

It's clear that many of us are angry and upset at this news. It smacks of the club's non-football management allowing personality, politics, or PR quibbles to get in the way of the interests of the team. So what are we waiting for - lets organise and let the owners know what we think. 

If all members and season ticket holders emailed the club and asked for a refund it would give then something to think about. The chairman might realise that Nigel is more important than his son or the CEO in protecting his investment - and a new senior team brought in. Unlikely, I know, but we ought to show the owners that they cannot take us for granted - and if we don't make a noise then what other unpopular decisions might they make?

How could we organise this? Is email best or should we call? If you care, GET INVOLVED!

New poster here btw - city fan of 20+ years and occassional visitor to FT over last couple of years.

start a new thread, I'm in

Archived