Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Thanks Nige

Guest MattP

Not much more to add. Gutted you've gone, made people proud to support Leicester and more importantly every week we saw players who were desperate to play for the shirt, something we badly needed after Sven had filled the squad with mercenaries.

League One to the PL is some feat in today's football, I feel sorry for whoever has the job of filling those big white trainers.

One off the most consistent managers we've had and he's always had the team playing decent football. Big shock to see him go. Hopefully he doesn't go to another prem club and do better than us (like he did when he left for Hull). 

Sat here still stunned at the decision,

After the O Neill era, I didn't think we would get another manager of that ilk, that bought us pride as being Leicester fans,

and won our club a lot of affection from other team supporters, who saw us fight our way out of relegation like no other team ever has..

Always kept the faith with Pearson, he protected the players the way he saw fit, and he may of been a marmite manager, but he stayed true to himself and there's

a lot within this game that do not.

Blood is thicker than water and it seems again he stood by his beliefs, as he has all season,

sad sad day...     

Thanks for the wonderful memories, of which there were many....  

His time here will be remembered fondly, 2 league titles, 2 play off semi-finals, the great escape.

His demeanour with the press, ostrichgate, stringer even Lineker.

The 5-3 over Man Utd, Forest away 3-2, the football we played to win the championship, Steve Howard's winner vs Leeds, the promotion at Southend. The trainers, the haircut.

I remember when he was first announced by Mandaric, my mate was furious, wanted Paul Ince.All in all the Pearson era has left us with some great memories, I just hope he writes an autobiography.

Thank you Nigel.

Nige was the real thing, which is so rare these days. Difficult people (and I'm sure NP could be) are never trusted by the bosses because they are usually driven by real principle and committment and refuse to be corporate bumsuckers. They are often loved in the workplace because time and time again they are provd to be right.

His achivement was remarkable - who wouldnt have grabbed 14th place this time last year?

If - as seems possible - he had the hump about that scrote of a son, then sadly that diminshes him slightly.

But what he did for LCFC was just fantastic. We won't see his like again. Thanks for everything.

Guest CityFan 06

Thanks for everything Nigel Pearson. You gave us so much success and many memorable seasons to remember. Best of luck for the future at whatever club or clubs you manage. I do feel Nigel was building something special at this football club, but it was not meant to be.

Massive thanks to Nige for all he has done for our amazing club. Championship clubs will be queueing up for him. Cant see a Prem team taking him on. Wherever he goes i will be hoping he does well.

If he can hang on until the November-to-New-Year sacking season, I'd have thought he'd be an extremely popular proposition for any club struggling in the bottom 6. Whether he's ever been much of an 'impact' manager, I'm not sure, but he'll have plenty of offers if he waits.

The man is a legend. I'm absolutely gutted it's ended like this after such an amazing turnaround of last season. Nigel you will be missed, and you are still dearly loved by the majority of City fans. Good luck to you, you balloon head.

Terrible decision. Similar to Derby County sacking Clough. Just when you thought City were on the way up. Good luck Nigel and thanks for the memories!

If only football clubs were owned by the fans and not Big Business.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Thanks Nigel, you've taken this club from its knees and given it pride.

You can rightly feel aggrieved about the decision but also proud of your time here and how you put your stamp on a football club. Your stock as a manager is rightly high in the football world.

Won't feel like LCFC for a while after he has gone.

Pearson will go down as a LCFC legend and one of our best managers, no doubt about it

We all better get used to the odd crap performance, 0-4 losses, occasional crap signing, boring cliched press conferences etc etc

NP - what a legend. Made us all proud to be LCFC fans. 

I really think the next manager will struggle. 

There's been various times over the last couple of days where I have remembered that Nige has gone and got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. A mix of sadness and anger.

Good luck Nige, you're a Leicester legend. Would like to see him at Wednesday actually. He's the kind of guy who is good at building a team up and think with someone like Wednesday he could really get them going places (like he would have continued to do with us).

I'm gutted for him and us fans, I feel we've all had a raw deal. I'd just like to thank Nige on behalf of all of us, he's given us passion, a team to be proud of and Premier League football. Thanks for all the good times, I wish you all the best in the future. (Just please don't ever go to Forest or Derby)

As a supporter of Leicester City football club, I don't ask an awful lot to continue supporting the team but for a long period I was very disillusioned with them and football as whole. Then along came Nigel Pearson, he restored a sense of worth to Leicester and gave us a team to be proud of and not just in the fact that they were successful in winning a majority of matches, more for the fact they actually seemed to give a shit. He removed the deadwood that thought they had made it and were here just picking up their paycheque and replaced them with guys that wanted to move their careers forwards and prove themselves at higher level.

He didn't just pick these players from a stat based game like football manager, he was meticulous about character as much as he was about ability and scouted them extensively and relied heavily on trusted staff. He encouraged ageing pros into coaching and helped them move on from their playing careers, which also gave the young squads he produced some great role models.

He did this not once but twice and leaves the 'club' in the best shape any exiting manager has in my time supporting Leicester and I include o'neill in that. This is the reason I'll be skeptical whoever we appoint until I understand their vision for the club, I don't want a manger on short term basis, this club needs better than that, I'm not even worried about getting relegated if we can get someone in who can share the vision that Pearson created, because that's the most important thing to me.

Obviously I'll give the new manager my support 100% but I can't help but wish Nige was still with us. Can't think of any other team thats what that sort of unity between manager, player, staff and fans apart from United under Fergie.

Generally thought he would have been here for a long, long time building up an empire we could have been proud of.

Not saying the new man won't be able to improve us (depending on who it is) but it will be a bloody hard job to rekindle that unity now. I know the players are still here but Pearson was glue that held it all together.

Praying the owners get the appointment right.

He pissed me off a few times, but he turned this club around & brought us some of the best moments in our clubs history.

Fvck knows what's next, hopefully we go the way of Southampton & Swansea and not Leeds.

Doesn't deserve to be sacked, it still feels like a shit dream.

How do you know he didn't deserve to be sacked? You must know more than the rest of us do.

TELL US THE REASON HE WAS SACKED THEN. We would all be most interested.

I was one of the people suggesting that perhaps his time had finally come when he was last fired, that perhaps he'd achieved as much as he could achieve with us and that the Premiership was too much for him at this point in time. Clearly that was wrong then and it's still wrong. Obviously I'm reserving the full extent of my frustration until the appointment of the manager, but we were building something brilliant and I can't see us finding it again with much speed.

Archived