Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

This is just a thread about Neil Lennon

Am I the only Person on this forum who would have Neil Lennon over any of the 'Big three'?

I think he has loyalties to club and will always have the best interest at heart, He isn't a bad manager just lacks the calibre CV of the other three.

I cant help but envisage the other 3 overhauling our squad. All the hard work that been put in and building a successful team.

I may be wrong, but i just cant help the feeling that its going to end in disaster a big manager with a name bringing in the 'big Charlie'.

Just a Thread to discuss Neil Lennon's suitability, as there is one for the other big three candidates.

Neil Lennon gets my vote.

How happy will Vardy be with a manager that brings in big charlie with him.

He could well turn out to be a great manager and I hope he does, but there isn't a huge amount of evidence to support that yet. One of the main advantages from the board's perspective could be that the fans will be inclined to give him time and it's not unthinkable that he'd be willing to work with a much more experienced manager for a year to learn his trade, before - all being well - taking over thereafter.

He could well turn out to be a great manager and I hope he does, but there isn't a huge amount of evidence to support that yet. One of the main advantages from the board's perspective could be that the fans will be inclined to give him time and it's not unthinkable that he'd be willing to work with a much more experienced manager for a year to learn his trade, before - all being well - taking over thereafter.

If the owners are worried about 'reputation' and 'respect', they will have a problem with Lennon. As a manager, he's morphed into this overly fiery character capable of a eight match touchline ban. Fighting around the dugouts and sent off on regular occasion.  

To be honest, the longer we go waiting for a manager the more I am willing to give Lennon a chance. It will be a gamble, and could end if failure but I'd love him to be a success here.

You can't really judge him on his achievements at Celtic, he won everything he should have done. But on the same token you can't say he is shit based on the fact their was no competition.

I think he won less than he should've. He won the league each time but his cup record was poor. Two Scottish Cups out of 9 Scottish and League Cup attempts.

Guest Foxin_mad

Think he would be better than some old fart on the retirement circuit at least he might still have a bit of drive left. Hasbeens like Sven, Hiddink and Raneri should stick to footballing outposts like Australia, Asia and MLS.

Am I the only Person on this forum who would have Neil Lennon over any of the 'Big three'?

I think he has loyalties to club and will always have the best interest at heart, He isn't a bad manager just lacks the calibre CV of the other three.

I cant help but envisage the other 3 overhauling our squad. All the hard work that been put in and building a successful team.

I may be wrong, but i just cant help the feeling that its going to end in disaster a big manager with a name bringing in the 'big Charlie'.

Just a Thread to discuss Neil Lennon's suitability, as there is one for the other big three candidates.

Neil Lennon gets my vote.

What has he done at Bolton to help you form that opinion?

Think he would be better than some old fart on the retirement circuit at least he might still have a bit of drive left. Hasbeens like Sven, Hiddink and Raneri should stick to footballing outposts like Australia, Asia and MLS.

I despair... i really do......

So why has someone  ten years younger than Alex Ferguson ( ranieri) been considered a hasbeen?

I don't think there's any need for some of the abusive terms given to Lennon in this thread. He has already played a major part in establishing us as a Premier League club once. Fair enough if you don't think he can do it as a manager but his playing career with us surely means he merits being discussed in more polite terms?

You're talking out the back of your head. Experienced managers don't grow on trees.

It would appear you are a young "fart" 

Guest Foxin_mad

I despair too....

What the **** has he actually done in 5 years? He was a name once so what.

Fergy was a different level to these managers in everyway, he knew when his time was up and went out on a high. Some of these mercenaries just keep milking the past

Guest Foxin_mad

You're talking out the back of your head. Experienced managers don't grow on trees.

It would appear you are a young "fart"

Experience means shit if you shout be retired. We should learn the sven lesson. I may talk from the back of my head....you your arse!

People talking of a different formation and tactics when the new manager comes in.

Well I cannot see Lennon changing to much,played with 3 centre backs in the O'Neill days.

So though he is not everybody's favourite,he is the one manager that can make the transition without complications.

The last thing we need is a Sousa type manager complicating things,so just be careful what you wish for

People talking of a different formation and tactics when the new manager comes in.

Well I cannot see Lennon changing to much,played with 3 centre backs in the O'Neill days.

So though he is not everybody's favourite,he is the one manager that can make the transition without complications.

The last thing we need is a Sousa type manager complicating things,so just be careful what you wish for

You know although Lenny would be 4/5th choice at best on my managers wanted list we could certainly do worse

At least he knows the club etc etc

What has he done at Bolton to help you form that opinion?

Well they were utter dog turd before he joined and he kept them up ok. Not enough to give him the job, but certainly enough to say he didn't do a terrible job, or was shit at Bolton.

He needs another year in the champ with a team he's moulded a bit before we know if he might make it.

I don't want Lennon personally. His achievements, or lack there of at Bolton have left me very underwhelmed.

People keep saying "he knows the club".

Does he? Really?

Ask yourself, do you know that company you resigned from 10 - 15 years ago. Do you know all Managers, Owners, Staff etc, for the majority I'm suggesting the answer will be no.

The club has changed. Other than it being the same city, we have changed owners, stadium, staff, training facilities, structure. Even the city has changed!!

Tedious link, spun by bookies to take money.

Most former players that become Managers, are taking the step up from the coaching / playing staff as they know the club ethos. See Sherwood, Guardiola, Hoodle, Mancini and a million others for examples!

I don't want Lennon personally. His achievements, or lack there of at Bolton have left me very underwhelmed.

People keep saying "he knows the club".

Does he? Really?

Ask yourself, do you know that company you resigned from 10 - 15 years ago. Do you know all Managers, Owners, Staff etc, for the majority I'm suggesting the answer will be no.

The club has changed. Other than it being the same city, we have changed owners, stadium, staff, training facilities, structure. Even the city has changed!!

Tedious link, spun by bookies to take money.

Most former players that become Managers, are taking the step up from the coaching / playing staff as they know the club ethos. See Sherwood, Guardiola, Hoodle, Mancini and a million others for examples!

Which is how he got the Celtic job ? I don't won't him . We are in a position to progress the club .

I remember when MoN left we needed 3/4 quality players to move the club forward . Not the quantity dross Taylor brought.

Same position now this appointment can move the club forward? We are in uncharted territory regarding ££££ , full stadiums ,premier league status, cat 1 academy status . Yes we have a lot of reasons to thank Pearson but he has gone . Laid the foundations ,sorry but Neil Lennon is not the answer , who is ? Who knows ...

Take your blue tinted glasses off He left before ? HIS club lol on 35k a week in 2000 yes 35k a week . No thanks Lenny...

Guest MattP

People who seriously think Lennon has a loyalty to LCFC are either being deliberately blind or have totally forgotton the end of his time here.

He played for MON, not LCFC. Soon as MON went up North his performance level divebombed and he couldn't wait to get out.

Is it coincidence that Lcfc are on a training camp in Austria next week?

Bolton are also on the same training camp?

Ideal time for the owners to approach and speak to Lennon. Lennon's right hand man is Gary Parker another Leicester legend.

Some on this board are truly deluded, Lennon would be a good appointment for this club.

Archived