Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

This is just a thread about Neil Lennon

It's comments like this that are really starting to pee me off. I'm sure 90% of Leicester fans would rather keep Pearson but that's not the point. Nigel has gone now whether we like it or not therefore we have got to keep our heads high & support our club no matter what. Comparisons like this are not relevant to who's next in charge. Nige has gone onwards & upwards!!

The fact Pearson has gone still pisses me off. We could be very confident that it would indeed have been 'onwards and upwards' with him still in charge.

I love Neil Lennnon but I hope he is nowhere near the manager's seat at city. It will sully his image as a foxes legend - whenever former heroes come back as managers purely based on fan emotion it rarely works out well. Pep was an exception not the norm. We aren't a team looking to give managers a chance we're looking to solidify and move towards the top 6. That won't happen with someone who is completely unproven as a manager in the English game. Let Lennon prove himself and then I'll be the first one to applaud his return.

A lot of people thought the same when MO'N came in to replace McGhee. Not proven at this level, step backwards etc. etc.

I'd be happy if we take a punt on Lennon.

Did they?

We had been after m o n for years ? He had turned us down 3 times before apparently...

Just no to Lennon !

I know I'll get shot down for this, but I'd have Lennon over Hiddink. Lennon knows how passionate the Leicester fans are, knows the club as a whole, and is in my opinion our best chance to pick up where we left off. He will have PASHUN.

Guest MattP

Cheating on his pregnant wife, getting his mistress pregnant and then threatening said mistress is pretty 'horrible person' territory.

Not to mention shouting "**** off" to random people in pubs because he was that off his face or throwing sectarian abuse on a football pitch.

He wasn't nicknamed The Lurgan Bigot for nothing.

I know I'll get shot down for this, but I'd have Lennon over Hiddink. Lennon knows how passionate the Leicester fans are, knows the club as a whole, and is in my opinion our best chance to pick up where we left off. He will have PASHUN.

Isn't Pashun going out with Rachel Riley?

Cheating on his pregnant wife, getting his mistress pregnant and then threatening said mistress is pretty 'horrible person' territory.

Not to mention shouting "**** off" to random people in pubs because he was that off his face or throwing sectarian abuse on a football pitch.

He wasn't nicknamed The Lurgan Bigot for nothing.

Everyone has skeletons in their closet

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/feb/27/newsstory.sport14

I think Lennon would benefit from someone who would 'look after him' and someone that supports his philosophy.

He's bound to be controversial if he doesn't get the necessary support.

I played golf with him on a couple of occasions when he was playing for city.

I found him to be decent bloke,down to earth,certainly not big time.

I'm not questioning the validity of others experiences,just adding some perspective.

He wouldn't be my choice for footballing reasons.

Did they?

We had been after m o n for years ? He had turned us down 3 times before apparently...

Just no to Lennon !

Yes people were very sceptical about MO'N, I remember very well being at that Sheff U home game in 1996 where many fans were calling for his head.

Look at MO'N's managerial career before we appointed him.  He got Wycombe promoted out of the Conference and then promoted again into what is now League One.  Then 6 months at Norwich before resigning.  We might have been after MO'N for years, but his achievements and experience prior to us appointing him were almost entirely confined to the lower leagues. 

Am I the only Person on this forum who would have Neil Lennon over any of the 'Big three'?

I think he has loyalties to club and will always have the best interest at heart, He isn't a bad manager just lacks the calibre CV of the other three.

I cant help but envisage the other 3 overhauling our squad. All the hard work that been put in and building a successful team.

I may be wrong, but i just cant help the feeling that its going to end in disaster a big manager with a name bringing in the 'big Charlie'.

Just a Thread to discuss Neil Lennon's suitability, as there is one for the other big three candidates.

Neil Lennon gets my vote.

Bolton have won four games this year. Imagine being linked to a manager that had that same record but hadn't played for us? Would you want him?

Loyalty to the club or not - any unproven manager that comes here will give it his all, the question is whether his all will be enough.

My opinion of Lennon is no, it won't.

Am I the only Person on this forum who would have Neil Lennon over any of the 'Big three'?

I think he has loyalties to club and will always have the best interest at heart, He isn't a bad manager just lacks the calibre CV of the other three.

I cant help but envisage the other 3 overhauling our squad. All the hard work that been put in and building a successful team.

I may be wrong, but i just cant help the feeling that its going to end in disaster a big manager with a name bringing in the 'big Charlie'.

Just a Thread to discuss Neil Lennon's suitability, as there is one for the other big three candidates.

Neil Lennon gets my vote.

I was just mentioning this on another thread. As a person fine, as a manager he seriously lacks the credentials and his record at Bolton is frankly something you wouldn't want to advertise!

You have to look at this on another level.. if we want to progress as a team then it will inevitably will mean more money spent on better players which unfortunately come with baggage, a world class manager will be able to manage that and get the best out of the squad.

I get Leicester Fans are concerned of a 2nd coming Sven but looking back he was a huge gamble for us to take, some good did come of his tenure.. without Sven would we have attracted someone like Schmeichel? We now have the lure of premiership football and money, couple that with a good manager and we could have some serious potential.

So order of preference: 1, Klopp (Obviously) 2, Ranieri 3, Hiddink

forget loyalty and focus on whether he would actually progress us as a club moving forward. What has Lennon done that would make you think we would progress? Dont say winning titles in Scotland cause he did that without Rangers to contend with. Not exactly difficult to achieve.

His Bolton record isnt great either. Taking on Lennon would be a HUGE risk and i for one think its a risk not worth taking.

To be honest, the longer we go waiting for a manager the more I am willing to give Lennon a chance. It will be a gamble, and could end if failure but I'd love him to be a success here.

You can't really judge him on his achievements at Celtic, he won everything he should have done. But on the same token you can't say he is shit based on the fact their was no competition.

His time at Bolton as been negative for his reputation and I was surprised he took the job on, I think he could have waited a little longer and got a better job. But realistically you should judge a manager after he's had a pre-season so it will be interesting to see how they are got on this year, if he stays there.

If, and it's a big if, Lennon was successful here then he could be here for years whereas any success we have under the likes of Hiddink will be short term and we will find ourselves looking for a manager again, albeit in a better position to attract better younger managers.

If its not going to be Klopp, which it won't, then everybody else is a much of muchness.

Archived