Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

Guest MattP

Can't say I'm delighted about it though it's a better name than most who were mentioned and at least he wanted the job.

He'll have my full support though, let's hope he can carry on the tremendous work of the last few years.

Why are some silly fans just concentrating on his time with Greece, why not concentrate on his achievements with Monaco a team he was managing only a YEAR ago.

He got Monaco promoted out of Ligue 2, yes he spent money that season also but he was probably working with many players who probably wouldn't get in our side now. Their first season back in Ligue 1 & they finished 2nd, yes he spent big on Moutinho, Rodriguez & Falcao but he did well & achieved a good finish.

He was managing a club side only a year ago & had success, why do some fans seem to want to ignore that & slag him off instead?

Trouble with Lennon is that his PR skills are worse than Nigel's!

Seems a bit of a loose cannon and has done nothing at Bolton. He needs a good year and play-offs as a minimum to show he has some management skills and can be classed as a winner.

Why are some silly fans just concentrating on his time with Greece, why not concentrate on his achievements with Monaco a team he was managing only a YEAR ago.

He got Monaco promoted out of Ligue 2, yes he spent money that season also but he was probably working with many players who probably wouldn't get in our side now. Their first season back in Ligue 1 & they finished 2nd, yes he spent big on Moutinho, Rodriguez & Falcao but he did well & achieved a good finish.

He was managing a club side only a year ago & had success, why do some fans seem to want to ignore that & slag him off instead?

His time with Greece means nothing. National football management and day to day league management are two separate animals. Plus he did go to Greece who have been going nowhere since their glorious 2004 win.

I'm incredibly underwhelmed, not by the appointment, but by the comments on here. This is a guy who has managed several clubs in the top flight, laid huge foundations for clubs to go onto bigger and better things, and only really lost his job because he didn't win the league (**** Greece, they don't count). He is more than capable of managing a club in a much better position than us, and there is no doubt to me whether he will keep us up or not. 

I get that everyone is a little butthurt that Pearson lost his job, and to an extent I am too, but that won't make any difference to how I support and back Ranieri and this club. 

His time with Greece means nothing. National football management and day to day league management are two separate animals. Plus he did go to Greece who have been going nowhere since their glorious 2004 win.

Exactly bet plenty of fans would of preferred Hiddink but what did he do for Netherlands? Oh that's right he failed.

Let's face it, CR has been more successful throughout his career than MON.

For his debacle at Greece, see MON's Ireland tenure. International football is a completely different kettle of fish. Sometimes nostalgia and sentiment cloud the judgement.

For anyone who's not convinced by the CV of CR, compared to anyone else that would have taken it, you're deluded.

I'm intrigued to see suggestions other than Ranieri, realistic ones at least. NP has gone, we need to move forward.

Good post Kingers

There are always two sides to any story

Let's face it, CR has been more successful throughout his career than MON.

For his debacle at Greece, see MON's Ireland tenure. International football is a completely different kettle of fish. Sometimes nostalgia and sentiment cloud the judgement.

For anyone who's not convinced by the CV of CR, compared to anyone else that would have taken it, you're deluded.

I'm intrigued to see suggestions other than Ranieri, realistic ones at least. NP has gone, we need to move forward.

**** Cristiano Ronaldo.

Underwhelmed

Dave Basset Craig Levien Rob Kelly Martin Allen

Frank burrows Ian holloway !

Just remember where we have been ?

No one was underwhelmed when we got Levein!

Levein has always been my first choice, he's a class manager and too good for Leicester really. I nearly choked when I saw we had offered him the job and compensation has been agreed, he's just got to meet with this romanian chap to see what Hearts future plans are. If they are promising he'll stay, if they aren't he'll come to Leicester.

Craig Levein's Blue & White Army!!!!!!

Not my post by the way...

Underwhelmed

Dave Basset Craig Levien Rob Kelly Martin Allen

Frank burrows Ian holloway !

Just remember where we have been ?

Can everyone that is saying this type of shit do us all a favour and FOAD?

Absolutely! On the flip side I'm not so sure Morgan will be the the 1st name on the team sheet anymore...

While he was a liability at times, I think Huth Morgan Was is a strong back three. I hope Ranieri doesn't 'tinker' with the formula too much.

Perhaps pass the armband on to someone else but I think Wes still has value with the other two.

Can't believe the amount of people that want Lennon over Claudio, it's just laughable. A child could win the league for Celtic.

I think that it comes from having a person who has something to prove and is at the start of his management career therefore ambitious (Lennon) in comparison to someone at the end of his career whose proverbial been there, done it.

That's not say Ranieri doesn't feel like he has a score to settle in the Premier League.

I think the owners are running scared by not having a press conference to announce CR. It will be interesting to see if the owners are at the supposed press conference on Monday, I have strong doubts that they will want to face questions about the sacking of NP or explain to the fans why they took such a huge risk with our prem status.

Archived